Dan "jungleman12" Cates Confesses to Multi-Accounting Online Poker

Luckylizzy

Dormant account
Dan "Jungleman12" Cates has confessed to multi-accounting under different player accounts. At first he didn't admit it but then he confessed that he lied.

Cates is the dude who made the most money online in 2010. I think it was like $7 million or so.

It's this sort of stuff that makes people lose faith in online poker :(

Dan "Jungleman12" Cates has confessed to multi-accounting under different player accounts. At first he didn't admit it but then he confessed that he lied.

Cates is the dude who made the most money online in 2010. I think it was like $7 million or so.

When there is an opportunity to cheat, there will always be a scumbag who takes it.

Hopefully one of his opponents will pay him a visit in the middle of the night.

Where's the story link?

Where's the story link?

The interview:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

and the "stuff" that led to it:

Jungleman ghosting a few sessions on the "girah" account isnt such a big deal IMO and he already settled with Tyler Smith. Unethical of course as "girah" was a losing mid-stakes player and JM one of the best in the game. Dont know about the other two sessios were he won. Didnt really create much of noise in the poker world (the JMs part). In total those three sessions were for 98k. He also lost some money in a few PLO sessions.

Edit: the other two accounts he played on couldnt really be considered anything wrong other than against site T&Cs.

Lock Poker's Eric “Rizen” Lynch announced Thursday that the company could pursue legal action against former pro Jose Macedo, who was at the centre of this issue.

It’s interesting how over the years concerning online poker how only the big high roller crook stories become sensationalized. I guess that’s only because they got caught and because of the amount of money that’s involved.

It also surprises me how many people are so surprised when it’s revealed who actually is involved with these sensationalized fraud stories. I’m not sure why people think just because they saw a pro poker player on T.V. a few times or are well known as high stakes internet players that their automatically entitled to a higher level of respect. Most (not all) of these players are complete scumbags and would kill your mother while she’s sleeping if it meant winning the WSOP main event.

Online poker sites do their best trying to catch cheaters, but trust me that the amount of cheating amongst players goes beyond most players comprehension. If poker sites were to announce every time they caught and expelled cheating players of all levels, no one would even consider playing any longer.

If it weren’t for the few sharp players out there, we never would have heard about a single scam that took place since the sites would just sweep it all under the mat.

The amount of collusion (teams), multiple accounts, etc. taking place online at all the other levels below high stakes, would make the sensationalized stories and amounts of money involved with them look like petty cash.

Lock Poker's Eric “Rizen” Lynch announced Thursday that the company could pursue legal action against former pro Jose Macedo, who was at the centre of this issue.

He actually said that they are currently pursuing legal action against Jose.

Just a cover so that they dont need to comment on questions like why they signed a "unverified" player and didnt "notice" the (obvious) 100k chipdump even if they supposedly had conducted a full audit on the account.

And a funny pic courtesy of "nuttenbums" from 2+2.

Attachments

• lockchair.jpg
    lockchair.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back