Cowboy's Gold

Slotter

Experienced Member
What is up with this slot? Seriously? I reckon it's broke. Rarely pays more than 1x & the bonus round I've never seen in real mode. It's certainly coming to something when Bonanza feels 'gentler'

Maybe it just hates me? I dunno. One for my banned list I guess.

There is some absolute shite being released lately, that is for sure. I can’t help thinking it’s purposely done in some cases. A hit and run by providers if you like.

If you think about it, there are that many games available now, that unless you come up with a “classic” slot it’s only going to have a very short lifespan. I would like to see the stats on how much a slot is played month by month.

I reckon the first week or two will see the highest intensity of play and then a rapid downward spiral for 99% of slots. Therefore from a providers point of view, they may aswell churn out slot after slot as quickly as possible, program it so the maths guarantees maximum profit and by the time players realise and ditch it the provider has the next one ready to replace it and the cycle goes on.

It’s easier to do that, than try and create a slot that has any longevity. I really wish there was a lower limit on the amount of slots that a provider can release per year, as there are so many now that trying them is an expensive minefield.

The other thing it does is limit the big wins available. To explain that, hypothetically, if there was only one slot and it took £1,000,000 then it’s going to pay out around £950,000, leaving scope for some huge wins,

Take a saturated market and that same £1,000,000 getting spread via 1,000 slots taking £1,000 and the scope for huge wins isn’t there any longer, unless you make them ultra high variance and fleece most players, most of the time so that one player gets a huge hit.

99% of the players, then get fed up and move on to the next release and the cycle goes on, so in effect the player is playing the same game but it’s under a new disguise.

There is some absolute shite being released lately, that is for sure. I can’t help thinking it’s purposely done in some cases. A hit and run by providers if you like.

If you think about it, there are that many games available now, that unless you come up with a “classic” slot it’s only going to have a very short lifespan. I would like to see the stats on how much a slot is played month by month.

I reckon the first week or two will see the highest intensity of play and then a rapid downward spiral for 99% of slots. Therefore from a providers point of view, they may aswell churn out slot after slot as quickly as possible, program it so the maths guarantees maximum profit and by the time players realise and ditch it the provider has the next one ready to replace it and the cycle goes on.

It’s easier to do that, than try and create a slot that has any longevity. I really wish there was a lower limit on the amount of slots that a provider can release per year, as there are so many now that trying them is an expensive minefield.

The other thing it does is limit the big wins available. To explain that, hypothetically, if there was only one slot and it took £1,000,000 then it’s going to pay out around £950,000, leaving scope for some huge wins,

Take a saturated market and that same £1,000,000 getting spread via 1,000 slots taking £1,000 and the scope for huge wins isn’t there any longer, unless you make them ultra high variance and fleece most players, most of the time so that one player gets a huge hit.

99% of the players, then get fed up and move on to the next release and the cycle goes on, so in effect the player is playing the same game but it’s under a new disguise.

It’s a very destructive, self defeating line for manufacturers to take in the long run but it is very difficult to argue that this is not what is happening. Some may just look at it as make hay while the sun shines. It is odd for an industry to seemingly go out of its way to alienate a a large number of their audience but that is what they are seemingly doing. Doesn’t bother me to be honest. I’ll either go a bit old school, to slots that are fun, or simply not bother playing. Very much take it or leave it at this stage as most slots are not worth my time and money.

I have mainly done the same but can’t help noticing how even the most consistent of old slots are now playing dreadfully compared to a few years back. Again, this could be that as they lose popularity the volume of money played through drops and the wins disappear.

I can remember the time when a reasonable balance could last for days, even weeks as your sessions took twists and turns. Now it’s nothing like that, seemingly impossible. If you are lucky, you win from the getgo or it’s one way traffic downhill losing deposit after deposit.

I have had a very lucky year in terms of decent hits but it wasn’t as enjoyable as the days when you could hit several large swings in one session. No, now it’s all or nothing to speed up the money making process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back