Question CM forum issues with Thanks etc...

dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
OK there's obviously an issue here on the forum as more than a few have problems.

In my case I've been stuck on 10932 for weeks now despite attaining more 'thanks' and it's probably annoying people that I can't thank them, but only 'like' their posts - I don't have a thanks button anymore.

I believe some others with 'dark brown' names have the same issue? Is it more widespread or personal against me and the other darkies? :0)

TBH I preferred the old way - it counted accurately and you could see instantly in clear and larger letters who had thanked you under each post.

Yes, we have a nice little 'likes/thanks' graphic on the top right of each thread now but there are clearly problems somewhere?

Am I alone in thinking "it wasn't broke so why fix it?"

**hides under bed from the impending ton of shit about to be aimed at him....**

OK there's obviously an issue here on the forum as more than a few have problems.

In my case I've been stuck on 10932 for weeks now despite attaining more 'thanks' and it's probably annoying people that I can't thank them, but only 'like' their posts - I don't have a thanks button anymore.

I believe some others with 'dark brown' names have the same issue? Is it more widespread or personal against me and the other darkies? :0)

TBH I preferred the old way - it counted accurately and you could see instantly in clear and larger letters who had thanked you under each post.

Yes, we have a nice little 'likes/thanks' graphic on the top right of each thread now but there are clearly problems somewhere?

Am I alone in thinking "it wasn't broke so why fix it?"

**hides under bed from the impending ton of shit about to be aimed at him....**

I like what you're saying so I'm going to thank you. Or am I thanking you because I like it? Ahh bugger, I don't know anymore.

Like you (no pun intended), I 'liked' the old system better, but it seems the CM gods have decreed this be the new enlightened way and it's here to stay. It looks nice and everything but feels a bit social media-ey. I too haven't seen a shift in 'thanks' from 2760 and it appears to be counting the top posts/ thanks column and not the 'thanked 2760 in 1200 posts one'.

Just what is all this wizardry? Well if we start a petition that's at least two votes!

I like what you're saying so I'm going to thank you. Or am I thanking you because I like it? Ahh bugger, I don't know anymore.

Like you (no pun intended), I 'liked' the old system better, but it seems the CM gods have decreed this be the new enlightened way and it's here to stay. It looks nice and everything but feels a bit social media-ey. I too haven't seen a shift in 'thanks' from 2760 and it appears to be counting the top posts/ thanks column and not the 'thanked 2760 in 1200 posts one'.

Just what is all this wizardry? Well if we start a petition that's at least two votes!

3 :D

You know, having thought about it, I think we actually need more options. To go alongside 'thanks' and 'like', how about adding:

"Kinda.......although your reasoning is somewhat flawed"

"Hmmmm, not sure about that one"

"I absolutely loathe you and your posts"

"You're super right"

& finally

"get f*cked, dipshit"

How about it CM? :eek:

Agreed.

No 'thanks' button for all so CM got their favourites :p :p

Also, helpful post rating links don't take you to the post you made that was thanked. just straight back to forum home page.

Top thanked is also gone and displays newbie members, this doesn't bother me but IMO was a helpful tool for newbies to pester us with PM's which I miss :rolleyes:

Truthfully I think its nice to see a list of the top contributors makes me feel all warm inside :what:

You've used one of my fave sayings Mr D in that if its not broken etc.....

I don't understand either....wasn't broken....and now on my iPad all of the like/thank you buttons are scrunched up together and small and I'm sure this is my iPad issue however.....there seems to be not as many likes or thanks as before.....under the screenshots thread there usually at least 20 to 30 likes....not that many now....is it a slow month? I understand the first half of the month those likes/thanks disappeared after the change...
Stevie

:lolup:
I see what you did there..

I suppose a 'Wank You' button would be cool indeed!

That said, i too haven't been dealt a thank you button since the upgrade..
Seems to be a brown colored thing indeed.

Too much brown nosing been going on in our 'level' i suppose...

Yes I can see it now.....

name of CM member (NO pun intended!) wanked this post.

while others merely "liked it"

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back