Bonus Issues at Mansion Casino

Nanny Rose

Dormant account
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Location
UK
Same position here unfortunately. I lost 1300 in a ridculously small aount of wagering on multi hand VP. I never even made it close to meeting the playthrough for the first bonus, and its the first time i ever gave up on a bonus. I never noticed the recycles, but i knew something was not right! :confused:
 

aka23

Dormant account
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Location
Planet Earth
Nanny Rose said:
Same position here unfortunately. I lost 1300 in a ridculously small aount of wagering on multi hand VP. I never even made it close to meeting the playthrough for the first bonus, and its the first time i ever gave up on a bonus. I never noticed the recycles, but i knew something was not right! :confused:
What was the bet size and # of hands played?

You would have a high risk of busting under the current bonus setup requiring 40xB playthrough (on VP). With a 4 bet, ~5500 hands are required to meet the playthrough. There is a 13-30% chance of busting, depending on VP game. With a 16 bet ~1400 hands are required. There is a 35-80% chance of busting, depending on VP game.
 

thelawnet

Dormant account
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Location
UK
aka23 said:
What was the bet size and # of hands played?

You would have a high risk of busting under the current bonus setup requiring 40xB playthrough (on VP). With a 4 bet, ~5500 hands are required to meet the playthrough. There is a 13-30% chance of busting, depending on VP game. With a 16 bet ~1400 hands are required. There is a 35-80% chance of busting, depending on VP game.

That's not the point.

The point was that NannyRose was being ripped-off by Mansion casino with their short-pay video poker.

There's nothing wrong with having short-pay video poker, but you have to tell people.

On average they were taking at least 3% more than they claimed they were from the game description.

This is unacceptable.
 

Nanny Rose

Dormant account
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Location
UK
I was fully aware i was playing "short-pay" VP. I was NOT aware just how "short" this VP actually is. It is a different game to the one described, and clearly I (and many others) would not have played this knowingly.
 

Lifesticks

Dormant account
Joined
May 30, 2006
Location
Sweden
thelawnet said:
On average they were taking at least 3% more than they claimed they were from the game description.

This is unacceptable.

It most certainly is. Could we hope for an explanation from the Mansion rep. here?
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
Joined
Jun 30, 1998
Location
Bierland
Just spoke with the Mansion rep over the phone; the tech guys have fixed the problem, and they are going through player logs making compensations. They will be coming out with a statement soon - just wanted to give you a heads up.
 

deucebag

Full Member
PABaccred
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Location
cyberspace
Casinomeister said:
Just spoke with the Mansion rep over the phone; the tech guys have fixed the problem, and they are going through player logs making compensations. They will be coming out with a statement soon - just wanted to give you a heads up.

By compensate I hope they don't mean giving a dumb bonus or something -- I think the fair thing would be to compensate in full based on how much was wagered and the increase in house edge this problem caused. If this is done I may actually play there again.

I don't think a lot of casinos would do this, but I think Mansion is a classy casino, at least that was my impression up untill this software glitch was discovered. Now they have a chance to prove it.

I can't help but wonder though: are there "problems" with other games at this casino as well?
 

LiLLaLa

Dormant account
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Location
California

Here is a new one on Mansion besides the ridiculous bonus rip off. I was playing in a poker tournament and was dealt the k of clubs and the 2 of spades which I folded of course. Imagine my surprise when the k of clubs hit the board. The hand ended before I could get a screenshot but that was the last dime of my money they will see. I went to withdrawl and discoverd the ridiculous policy of having to send an overseas fax to get "validated". Anyway the second K of clubs was one K of clubs too many for me to ever trust them!
 

jeremiahsjohnso

Dormant account
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Location
California
Question to CM: did they discover that only the Multihand was recycling cards? Or the single line as well?

I had thought this (recycling cards) was just an idiosyncrasy of the site which reminded me not to play it. Seeing that things are happening, I guess I'm glad I brought it up.
 

jeremiahsjohnso

Dormant account
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Location
California
<< Originally Posted by aka23
What was the bet size and # of hands played?

You would have a high risk of busting under the current bonus setup requiring 40xB playthrough (on VP). With a 4 bet, ~5500 hands are required to meet the playthrough. There is a 13-30% chance of busting, depending on VP game. With a 16 bet ~1400 hands are required. There is a 35-80% chance of busting, depending on VP game. >>

thelawnet said:
That's not the point.

The point was that NannyRose was being ripped-off by Mansion casino with their short-pay video poker.

There's nothing wrong with having short-pay video poker, but you have to tell people.

On average they were taking at least 3% more than they claimed they were from the game description.

This is unacceptable.

And if the bonus is complete-the-playthrough-and-then-receive, there's no such thing as busting it. No doubt plenty of people had been losing their initial deposit (sooner rather than later due to the house edge) and then redepositing in order to complete the requirements.
 

homerj

Dormant account
Joined
Feb 21, 2006
Location
england
i've been waiting for an update from mansion and the rep in livechat last night denied knowing anything about this ! :eek2:

anyway, i'm wondering just how long this VP feature has been in before anyone noticed it. if its been in since day one this is going to cost them big time !
 

squeakalot

Dormant account
Joined
Jul 23, 2006
Location
oakland
Casinomeister said:
Just spoke with the Mansion rep over the phone; the tech guys have fixed the problem, and they are going through player logs making compensations. They will be coming out with a statement soon - just wanted to give you a heads up.

Thank you.

My account doesn't seem to be getting any larger. Is this compensation really going to happen? Is Mansion going to make a statement?
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
Joined
Jun 30, 1998
Location
Bierland
Actually, I misquoted them. They will look at player accounts on a case-by-case basis. Still waiting for the statement.
 

sharpfool

Dormant account
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Location
Greece
Regarding the issue with retroactive change of t&c:

I had a similar problem as Linus. I have fulfilled wager requirement according to original t&c, but not according to the new and higher requirement where War etc only count 50%. I told them that I stick to that I have fulfilled the wager requirement acccording to t&c at the time I made my deposit. I have just received a mail that my bonus will be released.
 

brutaldeluxe

Full Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Location
UK
I emailed mansion about this. I deposited 575 and lost it all. I played alot of video poker. The reply I got was...

Our Casino Department have investigated the issue you query and advise the following:

You have profited from Video Poker to the sum of 49.75 and your loss was through playing Black Jack, where you lost all of your deposit amounts.

If you should require any further help or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.



Kind regards



Paul U



MANSION Member Services

So they are saying I won on video poker and lost on blackjack so this makes cheating on video poker OK ? :confused:
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
Joined
Jun 30, 1998
Location
Bierland
Mansion Casino Statement

MANSION Casino

We can confirm that we have looked into our Video Poker games.

We accept responsibility that there was an error and indeed cards were reappearing, this was corrected on Thursday the 27th of July.

We confirm that the games have been corrected now, and that cards that appear are 'new' and recycled cards are not dealt to the player.

We advise any player who feels they were affected by this software error to contact us at [email protected] and we can look at the individual game play and make efforts to recompense you.

MANSION apologises for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused.

Regards,

MANSION Casino
 

brutaldeluxe

Full Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Location
UK
I e mailed back with..

So because I won on video poker it means the fact I was being cheated is irrelevant ?
If upon being caught false dealing a blackjack dealer stated that the player was winning
regardless this would mean it was ok ?
That's pretty poor I think. Very disappointed with that repsonse.



They replied with...

Thank you for your email



MANSION welcomes all feedback from players and yours will be passed to the Casino Department.



Thank you for choosing to bet with MANSION.


Looks like I am being ignored in otherwords.
They say I won 49.75 playing video poker. Perhaps it might have been 949.75 if I was playing the game I thought I was playing - I wasn't.
I won on video poker so that fact mansion were cheating doesn't matter ?!?!
Perhaps I might have won more !

Let me ask you if you were playing deuces wild poker and you were 50 up and then you lost this cash elsewhere. If someone then told you, oh by the way when you were playing deuces wild one of the deuces was removed the whole time, would you not feel a little cheated ?
I mean what has happened here isn't quite the same in terms of maths but the principle is still the same surely ?
I thought I was playing a certain game as descirbed by their terms and conditions. I wasn't, I was playing a completely different one.
Casinos are always keen on making you read terms and conditions as well aren't they ?

Perhaps I am coming across as bitter just cos I lost but I was cheated neverthe less and now it seems like mansion are just gonna ignore me.
Pretty disappointed really. :(
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
Joined
Jun 30, 1998
Location
Bierland
brutaldeluxe said:
Looks like I am being ignored in otherwords.
They say I won 49.75 playing video poker. Perhaps it might have been 949.75 if I was playing the game I thought I was playing - I wasn't.
I won on video poker so that fact mansion were cheating doesn't matter ?!?!
Perhaps I might have won more !

Let me ask you if you were playing deuces wild poker and you were 50 up and then you lost this cash elsewhere. If someone then told you, oh by the way when you were playing deuces wild one of the deuces was removed the whole time, would you not feel a little cheated ?
I mean what has happened here isn't quite the same in terms of maths but the principle is still the same surely ?
I thought I was playing a certain game as descirbed by their terms and conditions. I wasn't, I was playing a completely different one.
Casinos are always keen on making you read terms and conditions as well aren't they ?

Perhaps I am coming across as bitter just cos I lost but I was cheated neverthe less and now it seems like mansion are just gonna ignore me.
Pretty disappointed really. :(

Why don't you just chill, and give them a chance to look into your situation?
 

brutaldeluxe

Full Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Location
UK
Oh I just realised I didn't post this...

Our Casino Department have investigated the issue you query and advise the following:

You have profited from Video Poker to the sum of 49.75 and your loss was through playing Black Jack, where you lost all of your deposit amounts.

If you should require any further help or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.



Kind regards



Paul U



MANSION Member Services


Hence they are saying cos I won at video poker and lost the cash elsewhere it doesn't matter they were cheating.
I replied with the email I posted above and got the yes thankyou we passed your feedback on email hence me thinking I am getting ignored.
 

soflat

Dormant Account
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Location
Florida
brutaldeluxe said:
Hence they are saying cos I won at video poker and lost the cash elsewhere it doesn't matter they were cheating.
I replied with the email I posted above and got the yes thankyou we passed your feedback on email hence me thinking I am getting ignored.

That reply from Mansion is lame. Maybe it was from a temp or just someone who has no clue. I hope so anyways.

They should just credit players automatically, because otherwise we are probably going to face a lot of these types of responses as we individually beg for our rebates.
 

jeremiahsjohnso

Dormant account
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Location
California
soflat said:
That reply from Mansion is lame. Maybe it was from a temp or just someone who has no clue. I hope so anyways.

They should just credit players automatically, because otherwise we are probably going to face a lot of these types of responses as we individually beg for our rebates.

Of course, if they did that, they'd have to give rebates to a whole bunch of people, not just the subset who (1) read this thread, and (2) have the ability/interest/time to complain.

If they aren't going to issue automatic refunds to everyone, I'd at least suggest that they send that same letter that was posted here to every member of their casino. (They may already have plans to do that; I certainly hope so.)
 

Lifesticks

Dormant account
Joined
May 30, 2006
Location
Sweden
jeremiahsjohnso said:
If they aren't going to issue automatic refunds to everyone, I'd at least suggest that they send that same letter that was posted here to every member of their casino. (They may already have plans to do that; I certainly hope so.)

Judging by everything Ive read and experienced at Mansion so far, I think that is about as likely as actually making a profit there. :)
 

pangloss

Dormant account
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Location
Australia
Casinomeister said:
MANSION Casino

We can confirm that we have looked into our Video Poker games.

We accept responsibility that there was an error and indeed cards were reappearing, this was corrected on Thursday the 27th of July.

We confirm that the games have been corrected now, and that cards that appear are 'new' and recycled cards are not dealt to the player.

We advise any player who feels they were affected by this software error to contact us at [email protected] and we can look at the individual game play and make efforts to recompense you.

MANSION apologises for the inconvenience and confusion this has caused.

Regards,

MANSION Casino


This is the "English Harbour" defence that is now going to be trotted out every time a Casino is caught with it's pants down.

Like English Harbour, this Casino is inclined to prevaricate one issue after another whether it be awarding Bonus, cheating software and/or providing compensation for affected players.

If a zero-tolerance policy is not enforced here then what is to stop every on-line Casino from cying "English Harbour - oops, sorry it's the technicians you know" before proceeding with business as usual.

If Mansion Casino truly regret this fiasco we should be witnessing an urgent communication with every video player and arranging just compensation according to an appropriate formula. Instead we get nothing of the sort.

In an earlier post CM (response to Britaldeluxe "Why don't you just chill, and give them a chance to look into your situation?") implied victims in this sorry affair are at fault for expressing a little impatience. Fair go CM - this Casino does nothing to rectify the wrongs until it is dragged screaming to a position of accountability. Players are entitled to be and remain sceptical because we have heard all this before in the not too distant past. And this is just another shameful episode of shafting players.



....
 

soflat

Dormant Account
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Location
Florida
jeremiahsjohnso said:
Of course, if they did that, they'd have to give rebates to a whole bunch of people, not just the subset who (1) read this thread, and (2) have the ability/interest/time to complain.

Probably, but if it were a genuine accident then they shouldn't mind paying it to everyone. Afterall, there is still a house edge with their video poker even if they don't recycle cards and Mansion has been spending a lot of money marketing in various media in the United States. So clearly they care about their reputation.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top