I have been curious for a long time about what the house edge would be if splits and double downs were not allowed I have read as low as 52% and as high as 59%. What do you say.
Without splits and doubles, the casino's edge is increased by 1.9%.
I'm not sure where you got the 52-59% figures from, but that's not how we calculate the casino's edge in BJ. It would be more like a casino edge of 0.50%, if splits and doubles are allowed, depending upon the other rules, such as the number of decks used, H17, DAS, etc.
So, if a game has a "base" edge of 0.50% and doubles/splits aren't allowed, the casino's edge "off the top" would be about 2.4%, which is probably far too big to consider playing.
Thanks for the quick response gamemaster. The lowest figure of 52% or as you would put it the 2% edge was in a book I read. The highest figure of 59% or 9% edge was from ASK MARY. Looks like your 2.4% edge is close to the book.
REGISTER NOW!! Why? Because you can't do diddly squat without having been registered!
At the moment you have limited access to view most discussions: you can't make contact with thousands of fellow players, affiliates, casino reps, and all sorts of other riff-raff.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.