Bingo Winner Keeps All the Cash

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots

A woman who won a six-figure bingo jackpot has won a Court of Appeal ruling that she does not have to give a penny to the friends who were with her on a night out.

When Tania Burnett scooped 101,211 at a Gala Bingo club in Plymouth, it sparked a bitter legal row with former close friends, Stacey Wilson and Abigail Stacey, who claimed that they had agreed to share any winnings over 10.

advertisementFollowing a marathon court battle which has cost the taxpayer tens of thousands of pounds the matter has been settled.

Upholding an Exeter County Court ruling, Lord Justice May said that a "casual conversation" a week before the women played on January 20, 2005, could not be legally binding.

The judge added: "Miss Wilson and Miss Stacey's bare bones account of what they say was agreed scarcely stands as an agreement enforceable and binding in law."

Miss Burnett, who is in her 20s, said they had "discussed" sharing their winnings, but no agreement was in place.

A woman who won a six-figure bingo jackpot has won a Court of Appeal ruling that she does not have to give a penny to the friends who were with her on a night out.

When Tania Burnett scooped 101,211 at a Gala Bingo club in Plymouth, it sparked a bitter legal row with former close friends, Stacey Wilson and Abigail Stacey, who claimed that they had agreed to share any winnings over 10.

advertisementFollowing a marathon court battle which has cost the taxpayer tens of thousands of pounds the matter has been settled.

Upholding an Exeter County Court ruling, Lord Justice May said that a "casual conversation" a week before the women played on January 20, 2005, could not be legally binding.

The judge added: "Miss Wilson and Miss Stacey's bare bones account of what they say was agreed scarcely stands as an agreement enforceable and binding in law."

Miss Burnett, who is in her 20s, said they had "discussed" sharing their winnings, but no agreement was in place.
Kudos, another strike to those whom feel they are simply entitled and deserve something for nothing.:thumbsup:

I am with you on this one dear T, money makes peeps do the weird stuff. My hubby and I have gone through it with the passing of his family members. Those sweet loving people turned into circling vultures on the day of the funeral. Valuable antiques involved. I find it sad we had to flee from family for the sake of our own sanity.

T, I love the video, lmao. After Hours is so funny, great Canadian fun eh?
They were perfect together for this skit, hope they work together more often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back