Bet365 Bad customer service??

hollyhand

Dormant account
HI all my first post on the forum and it is not a good one. Was on chat earlier with a rep from bet365 and i have to share my bad experience with all of you. For an operation that was done 2 days before by 2 other member of there staff this rep decided to pretend it was impossible to do and also refuse me the deposit. Please find the chat bellow of our conversation and i am open to all opinion.

info: Thank you for contacting bet365 Live Chat. An advisor will be with you shortly.
info: You are now chatting with Richard J.
Richard J: Hello, welcome to Live Chat. How may I help you?
Hollyhand: Hello could you transgfer me to the deposit team please
Hollyhand: I made a few deposit via phone authorisation since my card seem to not work for instant deposit
Richard J: Would you mind if I transfer you to one of my colleagues who is better suited to assist you?
info: Please hold while I transfer you to my colleague Mike R.
info: You are now chatting with Mike R.
Mike R: Hello. I am looking into the query for you now, please hold one moment.
Hollyhand: I dont mind mate thanks
Hollyhand: cheers
Hollyhand: If you look at my history you shou8ld see i have done 2 deposit this way since my card doesnt work throug the normal system i would like to deposit 55 euro please
Hollyhand: and i have all my details for you when you ready
Hollyhand: hollywoodcz
Mike R: Can I take your CV2 number? Your CV2 number is the last 3 digits located on the back of your card.
Hollyhand: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hollyhand: xxx
Hollyhand: My security pin on Bet365 xxx
Mike R: Unfortunately your deposit has been declined by your card issuer. You will need to contact them for a full explanation.
Hollyhand: Mike
Hollyhand: They do phone deposit for me
Hollyhand: not through the system
Mike R: The card has declined.
Hollyhand: always decline through the syste thats why i come online on chat
Hollyhand: look at Jill and catherine B they did for me 2 days ago
Mike R: I understand the problem.
Mike R: I am aware of what needs to be done.
Mike R: On this occasion it has declined.
Hollyhand: they told me to come on chat when i need a deposit and cant buy a paysafe voucher
Hollyhand: i doubt it would have been that fast for a phone authorisation Mike
Hollyhand: it ussually take a little while when they do it i work in the same file and i dont think you could have call already and done this that fast
Mike R: It has declined.
Hollyhand: can you transfer me to a superevisor please
Mike R: There is no further information I have in regards to this.
Hollyhand: Mike R can i be transfer to your team leader or shift leader please
Mike R: We have no supervisors available on live chat.
Mike R: If you wish to escalate this you would need to contact us by telephone.
Hollyhand: YOu really want me to make a foss about that instead of doing the phone authorisation for me?
Mike R: I have attempted this and it has declined.
Hollyhand: try 50 euro then my work
Mike R: This has also declined.
Mike R: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Hollyhand: Mike you didnt phone mate
Hollyhand: It take a little more time
Hollyhand: then doesnt work cut the crap please and transfer me to someone who doesnt mind doing it for me
Mike R: I cannot phone unless it comes back as a referral.
Hollyhand: and i wont escalate this tothe manager of your department
Mike R: It was a straight decline.
Mike R: I don't know what else you want me to do on the matter.
Hollyhand: Mike i must have some note on my account
Mike R: You will need to call to speak with somebody higher.
Hollyhand: if you look at what jill and catherine B did for me
Hollyhand: They do a phone authorisation for me cause my card doesnt work through your automated system for some reason
Hollyhand: they call bank with my card details and make a phone authorisation request and it always work take a few minute though not as fast as this
Mike R: You are not the only person that this problem happens to.
Mike R: I am fully aware of how to deal with them#
Hollyhand: Ok Mike you really want to upset me and have this escalated on forum and to your manager
Mike R: On this occasion I can not call.
Hollyhand: Why cant you call give me the reason?
Mike R: As previously stated to speak to somebody higher you would need to call.
Hollyhand: when i have been told by your college that i could come on chat and request a deposit this way
Mike R: I have attempted as would be done over the phone.
Mike R: It has declined by your card issuer.
Mike R: There is nothing further I can do.
Hollyhand: YOu have not attemps you gave me a straight decline 2 sec later
Hollyhand: when we all know it take more then 2 sec to call and wait for bank authorisation
Hollyhand: cut the crap mate you putting bet365 into a lazy rep position and i will make a foss
Mike R: If you do not have any other queries I will terminate the chat.
Mike R: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Hollyhand: OK MIke well if you like thjis i will have to come on chat again with a different operator and also send an email to your manager may i have is email address please
Mike R: Our e-mail address is support@customerservices365.com.
Hollyhand: and your full name and also please forward me by email the chat transcript and the extansion and all details of your phone call to the bank please
Hollyhand: i want the email address of your superior not your customer address email
Mike R: Mike R will be enough information.
Mike R: I cannot give out that e-mail address.
Mike R: As stated before you will need to call if you wish to take this further.
Hollyhand: Send me an email at xxxxx@hotmail.com with all details of your attempt to make the deposit via your phone system
Hollyhand: and also the name of the person in charge of your department
Hollyhand: please
Hollyhand: OK can you ask one of your superior to call me now i am sure you can do this at least
Hollyhand: phone number is 0xxxxxxxxxxx
Hollyhand: Name is xxxxxxx
Mike R: Ok, I will arrange for this.
Mike R: Thank you for contacting Live Chat. Please click on the Close button to rate the service you have received and to request a transcript of this chat if required.
info: Chat session has been terminated by bet365.

On this occasion what do you guys think of the rep handling with the situation. And what should bet365 do get all there reps to work on same quality level or get ride of the lazy one.

All opinion are welcome.

Hollyhand

See Related Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
Phone call received

25 minute later i did received a phone call from a lovely lady who was more the helpfull and who old me that they wppuld put a clear note on my account so that reps know that they can make a phone authorisation for me.

I guess after all the only person to blame on that occasion was not bet365 customer service but the staff in question.

Anyway i would liek to have some of your comment on this post if you had the same kind of issue with different reps from the company.

Hollyhand

I would say that Mike was probably not familiar with credit card approvals thru phone authorisations. Other than that, he was courteous throughout the chat. You seemed to be unduly harsh on him by saying he did not attempt 50 Euros. Normally, if it's a straight decline it may not be possible to try a slightly lesser amount within such a short period of time.

BTW, did the deposit go thru in the end?

Of course it did

Basically the main reason for that post is simple. If the rep in question would have ask is superior instead of saying no 10 time in a row he would have knew that my account was different in a way that i can only deposit through telephone authorisation. This could have save me some times and himself some time. But he decided to stick to is no as an answer and not put me through a college who was able to do so. My deposit are impossible to be made through the normal system and one need to call my bank to ask for a phone authorisation wich take 10-15 minute to do and this reps told me he did and told me it was decline 3 sec later which was impossible.

His superisor call me later on and told me she would address the issue with him and made my deposit via the phone and everything was fine.

I just wanted to share that on the forum to see if loads of people had similar issue with bet365 from one reps to another.

Regards,
Hollyhand

From reading that I would say if you had been a bit nicer towards the guy then he might have been a bit more inclined to go out on a limb and help you out. I used to work in a job dealing with people on the phone and if the person on the phone was a decent sort then they generally got more help and more satisfaction. Thats just my opinion.

Bet 365 is my main sports bookie and I think their CS is top dog as they have sorted out loads of akward things for me in the past with no hassle.

From reading that I would say if you had been a bit nicer towards the guy then he might have been a bit more inclined to go out on a limb and help you out. I used to work in a job dealing with people on the phone and if the person on the phone was a decent sort then they generally got more help and more satisfaction. Thats just my opinion.

Nice or not, the customer is always right...unless they start to become belligerent. It's sad, but true - a person's level of help is based solely on how they act towards the helpdesk person.

Mike R: I understand the problem.
Mike R: I am aware of what needs to be done.
Mike R: On this occasion it has declined.

IMO Mike R. simply wanted to be done with the issue, and never understood what needed to be done; but yet lied instead. Did anyone else notice that he never asked for the bank's phone number? I seriously doubt they have a database sitting right there with all of the banks phone numbers that are associated with each card #.

If you'll notice his statement further down, it further proves that he never understood what needed to be done to get the deposit to go through.

Mike R: I cannot phone unless it comes back as a referral.

If Mike R. was really listening to the player and took 2 seconds to realize what they were trying to do, then this whole situation could have been avoided. All he needed to do was tell the player that he couldn't phone the CC company to put the charge through; and to call bet365's support line.

Nice or not, the customer is always right...unless they start to become belligerent. It's sad, but true - a person's level of help is based solely on how they act towards the helpdesk person.

The customer is only right when in fact they are actually right and go about it in the correct manner. A lot of people take it as a free card to behave as they wish. I am not saying thats whats happend in this case just thinking out loud. Sure it's good fun arguing about it anyway :D:D

And I don't see a problem with a persons level of help being directly related to how they act. It really isn't hard to be nice.

I'd say putting up a post about 'bad customer service' when it was made clear that there has been no problem before is giving the wrong impression of a very reputable place. You are only annoying yourself by being annoyed really. At the end of the day the prob was sorted so what exactly is the beef. Everthing in life doesn't always go to plan otherwise it would bore the head off you.

My 2 cents

As for me I can't tell anything bad about Bet365's CS (and it's not because I won the laptop :p). Their CS is always on top of quality when they're serving customers. And this single instance with hollyhand it's not a proof of their incompetence or unwillingness to do their best. Maybe Mike R. is just new employee, who had been trained by Bet365 team, but had insufficient practical experience in customer service. All is possible.
P.S. As for me one of the best CS is not that one who doesn't make mistakes, but that one who learns from mistakes and doesn't repeat 'em in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back