best Poker software

Let_It_Ride

Non-Gambler
Hi poker fans

I used to play at VC Poker cause they use software from Tribeca Tables and IMHO thought it was the best, good graphics, easy game play, clear screens, easy to use logs and hand historys.

BlueSQ, Paddy Power also use the same software but due to technical problems I can no longer use this software on my PC.

So I'm on the hunt for another poker site, what's your favorite?

Let it ride........

Im a fan of the crypto network myself, decent graphics, easy to see whats going on etc. And as a UK player its on of the few places that you can deposit in sterling.

I like software of Pokerchamps pokerrom. Nice graphics and very informative sounds. I can place up to 4 tables on my 17" monitor. Very compact and nice tables. Other options are not so good, but I can live with it.

A thread of "best poker software" cant go by without the mention of Pokerstars. The only reason I would say UB isnt is because of the issues with getting hand histores. They have had plenty of time to make that Pokertracker compatible and have not causing a pain to have to use the UB handgrabber.

Going to have to take my good words away from UB now. Their site has been down for about 24 hours. BRILLIANT! You would think at least they would get old software back in, or keep a backup running if this was such a big upgrade. What a disaster.

Nothing will scare a new poker player more then a place that has his treasured $300 bankroll is down for a day or more.

Agreed. Pokestars software is IMO also among the best.

pokeraddict said:
A thread of "best poker software" cant go by without the mention of Pokerstars. The only reason I would say UB isnt is because of the issues with getting hand histores. They have had plenty of time to make that Pokertracker compatible and have not causing a pain to have to use the UB handgrabber.

I agree with you about tribeca, I play at VC and I love it. The only thing I don't like is the hand history since it does not show the mucked hands at showdown which other poker rooms do show in the history.

If you're looking for good hand history then UB and party poker are among the best.

My top three:

1. tribeca
2. party
3. UB

And i'm looking forward to 'PKR!' which you can see here:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Looks like a videogame, and looks promising. I hope I can shake my head when beaten by a three outer ;-)

BosjeR said:

Looks like a videogame, and looks promising. I hope I can shake my head when beaten by a three outer ;-)

:notworthy :notworthy

All I can say about PKR! is......wow. Looks awesome!

BosjeR said:

:thumbsup: great link thanks! just downloaded the video and have already signed up. Any idea when they go live?

No idea, they were at a conference in Nice about two months ago where they showed their product and it had still some bugs in it (camera angles doing dodgy things etc) but it seemed very complete besides that someone told me. I registered for the beta, hope to test it out.

I have to say that I don't know if it will be fun to constantly play it in such a mode, might be fun for a while only. I used to play high level competition quake 2 and 3 online for quite a while and when you play something a lot you want to get rid of all extra features and break it down until you are left with the core.

And the core is what all other poker rooms offer ;-)

I have to say that I prefer the absolute minimum of graphics when I play. Just the cards, players names, bets, and pot values will do me fine.

Has to be TruePoker - Absolutely the most fun you can have with your clothes on! :D

About 20 animated characters to chose from - all with their own mannerisms and comic phrases. Even the dealer talks to you!
I just love it! :thumbsup:

The only poker software I've managed to get running on my Linux shitbox is Pokerstars. Wine must not like poker players... anyone got any advice for getting Party's new client running on Linux?

Let_It_Ride said:
:thumbsup: great link thanks! just downloaded the video and have already signed up. Any idea when they go live?

Just to let you know that PKR will be going into the Beta testing phase towards the end of April - play money only but prizes up for grabs. Then Real money site going live towards end of May.

Some of the things we will be offering include face genning whereby players can send pictures of themselves to us and we will create their own look-a-like avatar. We hope to make the game as close to playing live poker as possible and other little features includehaving to click on your hole cards when you want to see what you have after you have initially seen them as they are dealt. The winner of hand if unseen also has the option to show just one of his face cards to the table if they so desire.

There will be plenty of other unique features but just wanted to give
you a brief idea of some of the things we'll be doing.

Here's the video preview if you haven't yet seen it

Any other questions I'll be around to answer,

Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back