Bank scam.

skiny

Banned User - violation of <a href="http://www.cas
There's one of these emails being spammed around for every bank in Canada. I keep forwarding them to the respective banks. I don't even have a Royal Bank account. :rolleyes:

scam.jpg

"Dear Royal Bank of Canada customer." You'd think someone emailing me to tell me that my account information is out of date and requires updating would at least know my name.

Apparently the account I don't have has been locked and if I don't go to some cheesy website and enter all my non-existent banking information the locked account will be suspended. I'm not sure what the difference is but it sounds pretty serious. The next time I get one from my own bank I'd better go fill it out.

You may have also received emails regarding online games ie:- Runescape, World of Warcraft, Rift etcetera, stating your account is under review for breaking the EULA and a relative site to go and post your account details, these are from Asian gold farmers who hack your account, sell all your items then use your characters to spam the general chat channels with details of how to buy their illicit gold, this is a huge business in China and other Asian countries and in many places has replaced sweat shops making trainers......

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

A warning to anyone receiving such mail - Never open these as most have links to sites riddled with keyloggers.

I got one from Paypal this morning saying I had paid some "Hank Lackey" $557.

It looked frighteningly real too-Paypal linked in the email and everything.

I got one from Paypal this morning saying I had paid some "Hank Lackey" $557.

It looked frighteningly real too-Paypal linked in the email and everything.

Never click a link in an email.

If you want to go to your bank's website type the address yourself and when you're sure you're at your bank's website save that address in your favorites.

The same goes for Paypal and any other website that handles financial transactions or requires personal information.

I got one of those bank phishing mails from Bank of America a few weeks ago, funny I looked at the list who they'd sent it it and most had .ca emails.

Never click a link in an email.

If you want to go to your bank's website type the address yourself and when you're sure you're at your bank's website save that address in your favorites.

The same goes for Paypal and any other website that handles financial transactions or requires personal information.

Yeah I know,I didn't follow the link I went to paypal via google to check.I just hovered over the paypal sign and it was linked-least this one had a bit of effort in it lol.

Speaking of paypal - it seems every time I sell something on ebay the buyer turns out to be using a hacked account - are there even any real people on ebay anymore?!

Speaking of paypal - it seems every time I sell something on ebay the buyer turns out to be using a hacked account - are there even any real people on ebay anymore?!

Ebay has gone to total shit now, cant ever get any CS, I have 100% feedback on 45 transactions, sold a tablet 2 weeks ago and PP wanted to hold the incoming funds for 11 days....WTF??? I refunded the money and cancelled the sale, how can they expect you to send your stuff to a stranger and not get your funds immediately???

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back