ANZAC Day in Aust 25th April

azzagirt

Today for the majority of Australians and New Zealanders is a day to be very proud indeed of our military troops that joined forces to keep our homelands safe and the homelands of others also back in the 1914 war and then onwards.

So happy ANZAC day to all Aussies and Kiwis and Lest We Forget.anzacs.jpg

Ps.. was still Anzac Day when posted not 30 mins past as indicated..

Last edited:
I very much respect the way Aussies and Kiwi's show their respect to those that fought in the war. Although we have rememberence Sunday, I don't think it quite compares. I hope you get to show your respects watchdoggazza and any other forum members from this part of the world. :)

BingoT and Conker,
Thank you for your kind words. I admire the courage of all those courageous enough to go to war and defend for others so that we can all continue to live in the best possible conditions.. Athough I know we must have war.. I don't like it..But I thank them all including my father and uncles and great one great grandfather.
My dad was one that lied about his age to get in...and got in. He came home on medical discharge when granade shrapnel caused him to lose one testical..

It was only the other day that I was thinking about those poor guys that come back from Afganistan with terrible injurys caused mainly by improvised explosive devises. It must be so hard for them to get on with their lives, but most of them do with little complaint. They are a credit to our nation, as are the soldiers that have fought in previous wars like your Dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back