Anyone going to the G2E ...

Missing by 5 days, that sucks, I am in Vegas 21-26 this month for International Mining Expo........and to get drunk, lose money, get drunker, lose more money...............watch my wife get drunk, lose her money then come for mine:lolup:

I scored a couple of exhibit passes so I am going to go check things out. My wife and I will be there on the Tue and Thur. If anyone is feeling especially crazy my wife and I are going to do the Skyjump off Stratosphere on Friday.

Any advice for a new G2E visitor? How formal is it?

I scored a couple of exhibit passes so I am going to go check things out. My wife and I will be there on the Tue and Thur. If anyone is feeling especially crazy my wife and I are going to do the Skyjump off Stratosphere on Friday.

Any advice for a new G2E visitor? How formal is it?

I cannot help you with the bottom question but I can tell you that my wife and I did the skyjump twice last year, scared the hell out of me, weak legs scared.

No but my husband wants to attend the SEMA automotive show in October 2013. It will be my first time in Vegas ever. :) Maybe I will run into some of you while I'm there!

No but my husband wants to attend the SEMA automotive show in October 2013. It will be my first time in Vegas ever. :) Maybe I will run into some of you while I'm there!

If you are going book your rooms early, huge attendee list and room prices go WAY up.

Vegas prices ...

If you are going book your rooms early, huge attendee list and room prices go WAY up.

Hi me_and_ed:

Here is the thing about Vegas ... if you know where you look, you can get a nice room for a good price. I spent less than $200 at Planet Hollywood on my last visit to Vegas ... and I got 3 comp nights this time. Nice deal. I called up M RESORT ... and got two free nights, based on my play during my last two free nights. Oh, I got meal and food comps as well.

Rental cars can run as low as $12.95 a day (unlimited mileage) -- and it is a beautiful area. With a car, you could try HOTWIRE.COM -- if you go for 4-stars in the Downtown area, you will always get the GOLDEN NUGGET, for as little as $40 US dollars. Sam's Town is a nice Western-themed locals place that usually costs around $40/night. I like the Eastside Cannery, also on the Boulder Strip.

Have fun all ... if you want to meet up ... I might be able to arrange something. Leave me a PM here. I'll send you my cell phone #. I'll be walking around the show for several hours each day.

/\/\/\/\ the Shamus /\/\/\/\

Hi me_and_ed:

Here is the thing about Vegas ... if you know where you look, you can get a nice room for a good price. I spent less than $200 at Planet Hollywood on my last visit to Vegas ... and I got 3 comp nights this time. Nice deal. I called up M RESORT ... and got two free nights, based on my play during my last two free nights. Oh, I got meal and food comps as well.

Rental cars can run as low as $12.95 a day (unlimited mileage) -- and it is a beautiful area. With a car, you could try HOTWIRE.COM -- if you go for 4-stars in the Downtown area, you will always get the GOLDEN NUGGET, for as little as $40 US dollars. Sam's Town is a nice Western-themed locals place that usually costs around $40/night. I like the Eastside Cannery, also on the Boulder Strip.

Have fun all ... if you want to meet up ... I might be able to arrange something. Leave me a PM here. I'll send you my cell phone #. I'll be walking around the show for several hours each day.

/\/\/\/\ the Shamus /\/\/\/\

I actually go to vegas 3 or 4 times a year and have not paid for a room in my last 4 trips, just got back yesterday from a 5 day trip, paid $30 total for my hotel (this time The Rio, was actually decent, got a nice suite upgrade and newly reno'd), my wife works for Fertitta/Landry's that own the Nugget and a bunch of restaurants so we get 50% off all eats at any of them, have about every player card there is, just made my Diamond this trip with Total Rewards, was treated like a king. Got brutalized in my WSOP tournament and couldlnt win crap, was still a great time. This was one of the comped meals.:D

Attachments

• rio2.jpg
    rio2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back