Absolute Poker delay sending mail checks then overchahrge

fernando78

Dormant account
"In regards to your withdrawal, we have checked your account and verified that your payout was successfully processed, and sent via regular mail;
Processed 4815339 2007-06-01 MailCheck 157.00
Please, keep in mind that checks processed via regular mail usually last from 15 to 17 business days or earlier to arrive (weekends and holidays do not count as business days)."

I made a withdrawal from my Absolute Poker account on 2007-06-01 but although I had to receive the check in maximum 17 business days after one and a half month later I still didn't receive the check because they obviously didn't send it.

It's not the first time they do that, last time after a few months of delaying they requested a stop payment procedure on the check and wanted to charge me an extra fee for adding the funds back into my account. Is that legal? It looks like robbery to me:)

Thanks

I have never had a problem with Absolute Poker paying out on time in several years of doing business with them (they were paying out in the USA when no one else would).

fernando78 maybe it has more to do with where you live and the mail system there than Absolute Poker.

After doing business with several companies located in Romania over the past few years, I can attest to the fact that the Romanian snail mail system is very very very slow at best. I would add at the very least an additional three to five weeks mailing time on top of the normal mailing time for anything sent to or from Romania.

Disclosure: I am an Absolute Poker affiliate.

Absolute Poker is a good operation one of the few that havent gone bad after the new US Bill against online gaming etc.

I agree with Lots0 and I believe this is more of a location issue than them not paying out , if you are going to play from a country like Romania you must be ready for some sort of delay.

I have to disagree you

It's not a location issue, it's about delaying payouts on purpose (I didn't have this problem before when the checks were sent from an European bank, but now they choose to send the checks from a US or Canadian bank to delay the process as long as possible)

and I am not that sure that Ap is such a good operation and they re definitely not in the top regarding payment, but what can an affiliate say about his business partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back