Yachting = Fraud

kiddj

Dormant account
I hate for this to be my first post here, but I was told on the 2+2 forum that this issue should be discussed here:

Besides the obvious software fraud concerning video poker drawing hands (separate issue that hasn't been "verified") (and probably all their other games), another incident has occurred.

I was playing the deuces wild VP I was dealt 2h-Qd-2d-10d-7h. I held the 2h-Qd-2d-10d and discarded the 7h. I drew the 2c, which should have given me a Deuces Royal Flush, but it only registered as a Straight Flush and paid me $45 instead of the correct $100 payout.

I have since been informed by the manager, Sam, that the "Deuces Royal Flush", only contains ONE 2. If it contains more than one 2, it's only a straight flush. He stated that this is standard for ALL deuces wild VP games.

I'm not sure if this screen shot will work because I'm fairly new to this, but the url should be good:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
[ img] [/ img]

kiddj said:
I have since been informed by the manager, Sam, that the "Deuces Royal Flush", only contains ONE 2. If it contains more than one 2, it's only a straight flush. He stated that this is standard for ALL deuces wild VP games.
That's either a lie, or Sam doesn't know what he's talking about, as I've never known a deuces wild game where there'd be a problem using more than one deuce to make a royal flush.

I assume it's just a trick to increase the house edge, but I don't know if you've got a case as the game description I just looked at there does state that a Deuces Royal can only have one deuce.

Ah, on second thoughts - in French it's clear: "avec 1 seul Deux" -

In English there's no reason to suspect the rule: "Tens, Jacks, Queen, King, Ace with the Deuce" -

The fact they're not even willing to pay for a competent translation of their website is one more reason not to play there.

Vesuvio said:
That's either a lie, or Sam doesn't know what he's talking about, as I've never known a deuces wild game where there'd be a problem using more than one deuce to make a royal flush.

I assume it's just a trick to increase the house edge, but I don't know if you've got a case as the game description I just looked at there does state that a Deuces Royal can only have one deuce.

Ah, on second thoughts - in French it's clear: "avec 1 seul Deux" -

In English there's no reason to suspect the rule: "Tens, Jacks, Queen, King, Ace with the Deuce" -

The fact they're not even willing to pay for a competent translation of their website is one more reason not to play there.
Yeah...unfortunately, I already have my money tied up there, and the bonus is not really close to being cleared. I sent another email to them requesting my account be closed and my original deposit returned, but that was 3 days ago and there's been no response.

So what happens if he draws the ace of diamonds and the deuces royal flush can only contain one deuce. A flush only?

chuchu59 said:
So what happens if he draws the ace of diamonds and the deuces royal flush can only contain one deuce. A flush only?
According to their rules, (which they claim are the same as ALL deuces wild VP games), it would still only be a straight flush: even though it would be a straight flush to the ace, which is a royal flush (as far as I know about poker hand rankings).

kiddj said:
According to their rules, (which they claim are the same as ALL deuces wild VP games), it would still only be a straight flush: even though it would be a straight flush to the ace, which is a royal flush (as far as I know about poker hand rankings).

Then that's absurd because whatever the deuces stand for, it cannot possibly be a straight flush when you have an ace, a queen and a ten of the same kind. They can claim this in your case if they substitute a king, jack and a nine of diamonds for your three deuces but when an ace and a ten appear in the same hand it must be either a royal flush or a normal flush. You simply cannot have a straight flush. Whatever they are trying to say, this is ridiculous as deuces are supposed to substitute for anything in the Deuces Wild game otherwise you might as well hold only the 2 deuces and hope for 4 deuces.

This is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard! If they only allow one deuce to complete a wild royal, they should call it "Deuce Royal Flush", not "Deuces Royal Flush".

For future reference, here are some other differences between standard Deuces Wild and the version found at this place. These were taken directly from their web site.

Royal Flush: Tens, Jacks, Queen, King, Ace of the same color
Straight Flush: Suit of Five cards of the same suite (what? :what: )
Flush: Five cards of the same color
Straight: Five cards of the same suit

:lolup:

This sounds like a good place to avoid if you like fair video poker. I hope you get your money back from them quick -- and RUN!!!

Latest Update

I just received an email from Frank @ yachting stating: "The Deuces Wild was launched three weeks ago and only advertised to French players to check if they would appreciate this game, it is paying out by the rules displayed on the site (the Wild Royal Flush paying with only one Deuce), that might not be the only and official rules but the players seem to enjoy it, the English translation of the rules was unfortunately left aside, I understand that it might be confusing.
We apologize if you didn't understand the translation of the rules and you will be compensated in regards of the standard rules, ($55.00 have been credited to your playing account).
Please note that the Deuces keep going by these rules that are now clearly displaid on the site in French and English.
We will consider changing these rules and will advise our players when it will be online."

At least now they admit that their rules do not conform to other deuces wild games, which as far as this issue goes, closes their liability. At least their support has been fairly responsive and polite. I guess I will finish whatever wagering i need (obviously NOT at the deuces wild) and withdraw whatever I have left. I still have a possible issue with their "random" card distibution on JoB VP, but I'm not going to share any of that info until I have a decent sample size of data, AND my $ isn't tied up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back