Woodworkers of the Inter-tubes UNITE!

maxd

Head of Complaints (PABs), Senior Forum Moderator
Staff member
Ok, title was pure click-bait. :)

Truth is I'm getting back into woodworking after too many years away and I was hoping there might be some fellow woodworkers among our esteemed forum membership that I could tug-a-sleeve on.

I'm looking at buying my first bandsaw and am hoping to gather some Do's & Don'ts for bandsaw newbies from experienced bandsaw users.

If it helps this is what I'm looking at getting, the
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
14inch (price there is RRP, street prices are about 100-150 less):
charnwood-b350-14inch-bandsaw.png

Keep in mind that I'm in the UK where things like the typical Record and Delta models are rare and rarer so prices on those are often artificially inflated here because (?) of that.

I've got questions about blades and fences and suchlike but that can wait until we've determined that I'm not just talking to myself here.

Anyway, there it is. Any input welcome. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Sorry cant resist - do's and don'ts for new bandsaw users - good job it's not a chain saw

So things like don't run with one (like scissors) , or don't put your fingers near the saw part or do wear full body armour .

Ok I know nothing about woodwork or saws of any kind - sorry

Prepares to be banned :(:eek2::eek:

Meaningless input here also really.....

However, recent(ish)ly cleaned out my Dad's shed and threw a perfectly good Band Saw out for the scrapman :oops:

Had we had access to a Tardis, you could have happily had it for nowt, not the model your looking at but fully working AFAIK.

Closing tip, they generate a hell of a lot of dust, so spacious environment needed when using!

Chainsaw is in my future, just not real soon. I grew up in the bush of northern British Columbia so I was using a chainsaw before I was riding a bike. Not kidding. Dynamite too for that matter. Great stuff for clearing stumps off your property.

@Jono777 : Thanks for the tip re dust. Hadn't considered that. My garage is not particularly large so I'll be looking into some kind of clever dust collection. Youtube is great for such things, guys bodging up all kinds of "creative" solutions to such problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back