Who else misses the "Good Ole Days"?

So now you know, who gets mystified
I'm feeling that I'm sober
Even though I'm drinking

Outshined

It was supposed to be:

I'd like to fly, But my wings have been so denied

God damn voice dictation software types what I'm listening to.

But I just realised I've not answered the OP's question.

Anyone else miss the good old days and what do you miss?

No.

Good old days (as a child), went pear shaped big time after that

Frequent caning at school for no real reason.
Getting turfed off to sunday school while parents had "quality time"
Getting the extra wrigleys chewing gum from the coin op vendor (1 in 4 chance)
Chocolate sponge with chocolate custard at school dinner
Half crowns , a fortune if you were lucky enough to aquire one.
Always sunny, never rained
Going scrumping and beating the dog if you were lucky.
Putting pennies on the train tracks make them double the size.

So many more things, simple happy days the kids nowdays will never experience

Maybe a little off topic but kinda has to do with good ole days but sports cards are in a boom again right now like online poker.

Some Michael Jordan cards going for like $50,000 that were worth like maybe $400 just a month ago according to a youtuber, I have like 3 Jordan cards but more regular cards and the one could be up to $85 and I was like wait what? (It was like maybe $2.00 back in the day). I have a card collection still sitting in my closet here so I need to really look into them more and see what some of them are worth as sports cards are booming right now on Ebay supposedly.

Last edited:
I loved collecting sports cards when they had a run here for a while. Some NBA 'Upper Deck' ones that are all in mint condition and part of my prized collection.

Would never dream of hawking them on Ebay

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

The main thing I miss from the good ole days is "Not worrying about things adults worry about"

That alone pretty much sums up all things we take for granted when we are kids, we do not realise how good we had it when we was kids and had no real worries so to speak...........

Oh no where is @Jono777 :p

One of the old family homes originally built by my grandparents just got listed for sale, I wanted to buy/rent it when we had to sell it but my family did not want to do that to which I am still angry about till this day. Took copies of all the photos as it's totally renovated now and emailed the real estate agent with a short message. :)

Don't know if I am allowed to post many photos or if anyone is interested but even though it's a totally updated house it still brought back memories. :( I wish I had the money to buy it, mind you I wished I was allowed to buy it when it was still in the family.

Oh no where is @Jono777 :p

One of the old family homes originally built by my grandparents just got listed for sale, I wanted to buy/rent it when we had to sell it but my family did not want to do that to which I am still angry about till this day. Took copies of all the photos as it's totally renovated now and emailed the real estate agent with a short message. :)

Don't know if I am allowed to post many photos or if anyone is interested but even though it's a totally updated house it still brought back memories. :( I wish I had the money to buy it, mind you I wished I was allowed to buy it when it was still in the family.

Sorry Geoff, been a bit miserable, semi-depressed and generally feeling sorry for myself mate, hence the presence but rarity of posts etc

Grateful that (touch wood) my and family health are all good but long list of other things dragging me down right now, nothing that cannot be fixed but a marathon unfortunately rather than a sprint. :(

I miss the good old days.

When generations ago you could walk to the shops. Go to a pub and restaurant.

Lie on a beach enjoying the sun.

Damn I even saw on the internet at one point in history people even got on these things called planes and flew away to foreign countries for holidays I think they were called.

I miss the good old days.

When generations ago you could walk to the shops. Go to a pub and restaurant.

Lie on a beach enjoying the sun.

Damn I even saw on the internet at one point in history people even got on these things called planes and flew away to foreign countries for holidays I think they were called.

Yeah I remember those days too, what fun those days were :(

You must have been very young then remembering all that ;)

Sorry Geoff, been a bit miserable, semi-depressed and generally feeling sorry for myself mate, hence the presence but rarity of posts etc

Grateful that (touch wood) my and family health are all good but long list of other things dragging me down right now, nothing that cannot be fixed but a marathon unfortunately rather than a sprint. :(

Everything takes time Jono :(

I am glad you and you're family are healthy, that's important :)

We will have our happy Jono back, I hope all will be great for you soon xx

Isn't the good old day just 4 week ago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back