What should this pay?

What should this pay?

• 4 of a kind Aces

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • 3 of a kind Wilds as it pays higher

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters

Reelsoffun

When it comes to gambling, timing is everything.
Ok

As a player using the paytable below what would you expect

Wild-Wild-Wild-Ace-King to pay on a payline?

Please vote to show what we expect it to pay.

Paytable.jpg

Last edited:
Ok

As a player using the paytable below what would you expect

Wild-Wild-Wild-Ace-King to pay on a payline?

View attachment 107037

If this is let's say only 1 line win on middle line (2nd line) then it would pay 0.25 since 3 wilds pay more than 4x A's. You only get the highest win on a win line, not multiple wins.

If it only paid 0.08 for 4 A's then its wrong that's for sure.

If this is let's say only 1 line win on middle line (2nd line) then it would pay 0.25 since 3 wilds pay more than 4x A's. You only get the highest win on a win line, not multiple wins.

If it only paid 0.08 for 4 A's then its wrong that's for sure.

Not according to VS and Thunderkick 4 aces for 8p is correct they confirmed it i'm afraid...... Please all vote so we can show them its not what players expect.

The 8p win wouldn't surprise me as this game is very wild focused so it would probably only pay the aces.
Begs the question why is three wilds even a win? because the 4th symbol may be blocked by a scatter.

The rules say the longest payline....So, if it was a scatter in place of the Ace it would have given the 3 wilds payout but with the Ace the longest payline is 4 Aces.

Yeah, looks like the Wild paytable only gets paid if blocked by a carrot :oops:

I know its right according to the paytable due to the longest, but I really thought that was a misprint for "Highest" which is the case on 99% of online slots.

The vote its to see what people expect it to pay given the "norm"

I know its right according to the paytable due to the longest, but I really thought that was a misprint for "Highest" which is the case on 99% of online slots.

The vote its to see what people expect it to pay given the "norm"

Ah right - yeah, it is very odd that given that you’re screaming ‘don’t be a win symbol’ when the wilds roll in. Funnily enough it’s not something I check often, I presume that it’s the highest... I’ll keep an eye on other slots now ;-)

Last edited:
DOA only pays 3 and 4 OAK wilds, as wilds, if they're followed by a scatter. Otherwise it's a 4 or 5 OAK of the last symbol

What the absolute $%£^&&! Seriously!! Why do so many manufacturers deliberately go out of their way to piss players off!? So 3 wilds on a line here followed by a Q will effectively pay pretty much 1/5th what it should do. I'm sure this will be defended because of the way the slot is designed or that the bonus wouldn't work with paying as displayed here or that it's a perfectly acceptable thing which passes all relevant tests.

DOA only pays 3 and 4 OAK wilds, as wilds, if they're followed by a scatter. Otherwise it's a 4 or 5 OAK of the last symbol

Not quite right mate. if its 'A' or below it pays the 3OAK wilds (0.25p on min bet) rather than 4OAK 'A' (0.20p)

If its wild, wild, wild, glass (or higher) then it pays the 4OAK symbol and 'ignores' the wilds.

Thus applying the 'only highest win pays' rule I mentioned earlier. :)

If you're getting paid for 4 Aces then that is fucking ridiculous. Usually the 'longest win' rule is only used when the two award values are the same. What utterly absurd pay rules those are.

I have to say that, although they are within their rights to do this as long as it says it in the paytable, that is the exact opposite of what every other game I've ever seen would do.

Yep. It seems they've constructed it so Wilds only have their own pay when exclusive to the winning line, as someone said if blocked by a scatter. Otherwise the 4 or 5-of-a-kind overrides them whichever symbol is involved.

So W-W-W-K-K pays 5OAK kings, the same a W-K-W-K-W would. :)

This sort of thing is quite demoralising really. I genuinely do not want to hate on the industry and generally do not. I’ve often defended what many perceive as “rigged” or “not random”, but shit like this really makes it difficult. It’s also becoming more and more common for slots to use dubious practices to dupe players. It can be argued that often this is fairly unnecessary as well.

This design is another in what is becoming an extremely long list of poor things being inplemented/included in slots.

This sort of thing is quite demoralising really. I genuinely do not want to hate on the industry and generally do not. I’ve often defended what many perceive as “rigged” or “not random”, but shit like this really makes it difficult. It’s also becoming more and more common for slots to use dubious practices to dupe players. It can be argued that often this is fairly unnecessary as well.

This design is another in what is becoming an extremely long list of poor things being inplemented/included in slots.

It's pretty irrelevant as it's just the way the developer has constructed the pay tables, which if you look at Microgaming who do the opposite for example, makes this incidence look anomalous. Agreed in that this construct seems to devalue higher Wild symbols, but as long as the game pays it RTP and this has been worked in to the values correctly it's fine. Just looks stooopid...

It's pretty irrelevant as it's just the way the developer has constructed the pay tables, which if you look at Microgaming who do the opposite for example, makes this incidence look anomalous. Agreed in that this construct seems to devalue higher Wild symbols, but as long as the game pays it RTP and this has been worked in to the values correctly it's fine. Just looks stooopid...

At the risk of starting another discussion about the ethics and rules with slots which seems to be a weekly occurrence recently (and with good reason most of the time) I’m not sure I can agree with all of this.

Yes, it’s a pretty dumb and fairly unique way of setting up which is detailed in the rules if you chose to go into the detailed part. I notice the actual pay table makes no such mention. However, it does completely change the complexion of how the thing works both in the base game and the bonus.

I have actually had a bonus on this and it looked pretty good. Seem to recall I got quite a few random wilds. It’d be quite natural to think that I’d be on for a sizeable win. I think it was hugely disappointed with the outcome and couldn’t see where a big win was achievable. Didn’t check the paytable, I’ll admit, but if I had I’m sure I’d have been stratching my head as well. Just haven’t gone back.

I will say this does at least have the correct information and likely to do with controlling the bonus pay potential. Odd way of going about it, somewhat misleading, but far from the worst offence.

I will say that it isn’t the best unique option (that I am aware of) to chose when designing your slot.

Edit: I have voted 4 aces by the way as technically that is correct!

Last edited:
Edit: I have voted 4 aces by the way as technically that is correct!

I agree that its technically correct, but I wanted the vote to reflect what people would expect it to pay on a normal slot :)

It gets worst in the bonus as you often lose out on the 4 wilds with A,K,Q,J on the 5th reel etc, thanks for comments.

I have never understood the 11 lines either its a bit weird and unnecessary like the wilds fiasco. 11 lines for 10p etc smells like something else is going on,

I know other games do it but normally they are relative eg bruce lee 60 lines for price of 30 but 11 for 10 is a bit weird ?? why not just make it a 10 line game?

its on my ban list now so don't bother me no more LOL

I agree that its technically correct, but I wanted the vote to reflect what people would expect it to pay on a normal slot :)

It gets worst in the bonus as you often lose out on the 4 wilds with A,K,Q,J on the 5th reel etc, thanks for comments.

It was a bit tongue in cheek. Of course, logically it should pay 3 wilds.

Ah, I remember when a few wilds on a game would get you a house, car, 5* holiday and still leave you enough for the BFH

Now one's lucky to scrape a box of matches :(

(half that when it comes to Thunderkick)

Captain Venture can still manage that on relatively modest stakes. Ok, maybe not a house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back