We need butter!

rainmaker

I'm not a penguin

123.jpg

Why is the whole world laughing at us ? well...because we don`t have any BUTTER left here in Norway!

Forbes: «
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
»

CNN:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

The Australian:

EUROPE'S richest country is in the grip of a spreading crisis. Supermarket shelves in Norway have been stripped bare of butter after its people ate their way through the nation's entire stockpile.

The Telegraph:

The shortfall, expected to last into January, amounts to between 500 and 1,000 tonnes and online sellers are cashing in on the crisis by offering 500-gram packs for up to €350 (£294).

Toronto Star:

Others resorted to more desperate measures. Sweden’s The Local reported that a Russian man was nabbed while trying to smuggle 90 kilograms of butter over the Swedish border to Norway; others auctioned their butter online.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, blame all the high-fat-low-carb-diet freaks.. Combine that with every woman over 30 wanting to make 7 sorts of cookies, all including butter, for christmas, well, then you have a butter crisis :lolup:

I think the whole thing is pretty damn funny. I was at the grocery store yesterday and a woman yelled out "DO YOU HAVE BUTTER??" to a guy who worked there. (They were of course sold out, LOL). I had to stop myself from laughing out loud.

I read that we (Denmark), already sent you poor fellow scandinavians some 300.000 packs of butter. Are you still hungry...

Guess those crazy norwegians have special-trained BUTTER-Dogs to control their borders. Let's load a submarine with butter and Nutella and feed the crazy Norwegians. What will be the next? You win world cup or buy entire Greece??

Also I read that Global warming is (!) a part of the butter-crisis. Still need some few countries to sign that climate agreement... Canada - USA - China... come on now! take responsability. Or the next can be a bad Ben & Jerry "harvest" caused by heat!

The butter-crisis is just the beginning.

It was an eerie sound the morning after the last stick had left the shelf as all of Norway settled into their first butterless morning and almost simultaniously pronounced "I can't believe it's not butter!".

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back