video poker strategy question

funeral979

Dormant account
PABaccred
I was playing 10 hand jacks or better earlier, and made an error (should have checked with wizard of odds first I suppose)....question is, how much of a bad play is this, percentage wise?

I was dealt 8,9,10,J of clubs and the 7 of hearts, and I elected to throw away the 7 of hearts.

The advised strategy play is based on long term return - however it is personal pref as to throw away a medium guarantee win on a potential large win.

Your strategy however needs to be a little different on 10 hand play- as the guaranteed win from the dealt card if held would have been better or equal than a single straight flush that may have resulted ( and the likelihood of multiple straight flushes are not high seeing you were playing a non wildcard game)

In a single hand game the straight flush would have been 10 times the dealt hand so a risk worth considering- but probably not for 10 hands.

Cheers
Colly

According to wizard of odds the correct move was to hold the pat straight...but im assuming that was for single hand. There seems to be a difference of opinion here anyhow.

For the record I didn't get any straight flushes after the draw.

According to wizard of odds the correct move was to hold the pat straight...but im assuming that was for single hand. There seems to be a difference of opinion here anyhow.

For the record I didn't get any straight flushes after the draw.
There is no difference between strategy for single-hand and multi-hand videopoker. (Unless it is some version of jackpot poker where you would only get the jackpot on one hand and only the seed value on the others if you hit several royal flushes simultaneously.)

I was playing 10 hand jacks or better earlier, and made an error (should have checked with wizard of odds first I suppose)....question is, how much of a bad play is this, percentage wise?

I was dealt 8,9,10,J of clubs and the 7 of hearts, and I elected to throw away the 7 of hearts.

On a $5 bet that mistake cost $2.4468. The site vpgenius.com gives you answers to all these kinds of questions :thumbsup:

Expired Image

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back