US political crisis

yes I did. You stated that trumps prevented it and the eo allowed acces to...
so I’m asking you what are you talking about.

as for the press secretary...circle back....same Crap different administration.

And....texas has its own power grid. So whatever is happening in Texas has nothing to with the National power grid and how safe or unsafe it is to hackers or any eo trump or Biden signed. Privatization of power and deregulation of water ...

Biden's executive order places a temporary suspension of trump‘s orders to allow the new energy secretary to review the policy and determine if a replacement order should be issued.

trump’s eo was not rescinded. It’s been suspended By Biden’s eo. The reporter states that. Trumps eo is suspended for 90 days.
What reason is Biden allowing China access to the American power grid is one of the many questions that Texan's and those most effected by the outages and lack of clean water should be asking. I am not suggesting that the power grid was compromised in this instance by a foreign power.

Cruz should be sacked IMO and having the mayor of Colorado telling his citizens that “No one owes you or your family anything; nor is it the local government’s responsibility to support you during trying times like this. Sink or swim, it’s your choice. The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING!” must be infuriating.
From what I understand Texas had a similar cold snap 10 years ago. Although it was not on this scale it surely should have made Texas address the fact that many homes where not equipped to deal with such harsh conditions that seen pipes burst?
Anyhoo I don't live in America and I have found it very interesting reading this afternoon what the average Joe in Texas and areas effected think in various platforms that allow them to comment

I lost power here last summer for 12 hours due to a freak storm that blew through. Around 2am the lights (on a dimmer switch) suddenly got really bright and my fan sped up super fast.

Fortunately the tv and computer were undamaged. I can't remember if I quickly turned them off but they're on the cheap surge protector power strips so maybe that saved them. That would have sucked big time if they blew out. Can't lose the toys.

How cold has it been in texas this month?
I mean for the areas where pipes are bursting and whatnot.
Around -18°C aka our normal winter. Greedy republicans just didn't want to be prepared for it. Hurray deregulation!

Around -18°C aka our normal winter. Greedy republicans just didn't want to be prepared for it. Hurray deregulation!
How cold does it usually get?

I mean pipes bursting is more about what kind of building standards they use.
What actually caused the grid to go down? Was it damaged due to the cold weather, or could it not keep up when everyone put on extra heaters at the same time?

Ive been more focused on the meme side of things, as is tradition.

What actually caused the grid to go down? Was it damaged due to the cold weather, or could it not keep up when everyone put on extra heaters at the same time?

I believe that it reached -20 and below. What I am curious to know is if the summer has as much of an impacted on usage as the winter due to everyone blasting their Air Con?
It seems in this case winter turbines and solar failed which made up 10% of total input which i turn put too much of a strain on the grid. But as I say there will probably be a lot of investigations and finger pointing over coming months

Well that was a very good exchange of questions and answers. I got the impression that the guy knows that he will be one of the fall guys despite him only acting like "air traffic control".
It does beg the question of preparedness given that they had a taste of things to come 10 years ago

Well that was a very good exchange of questions and answers. I got the impression that the guy knows that he will be one of the fall guys despite him only acting like "air traffic control".
It does beg the question of preparedness given that they had a taste of things to come 10 years ago

I suppose it was a question of spending the money 10 years ago but they'll have to now.

She was at fox n friends for a few years but at is at CNN at 6am. However, that is changing as CNN is changing its line up and she is moving to afternoons iirc.

I suppose it was a question of spending the money 10 years ago but they'll have to now.

She was at fox n friends for a few years but at is at CNN at 6am. However, that is changing as CNN is changing its line up and she is moving to afternoons iirc.
I noticed quite a few Texan's who posted comments in various boards where going to install their own generators etc. I recall that a few years ago in the UK the government where insulating houses for free. Maybe they could do something similar over there too?

What reason is Biden allowing China access to the American power grid is one of the many questions that Texan's and those most effected by the outages and lack of clean water should be asking. I am not suggesting that the power grid was compromised in this instance by a foreign power.

Cruz should be sacked IMO and having the mayor of Colorado telling his citizens that “No one owes you or your family anything; nor is it the local government’s responsibility to support you during trying times like this. Sink or swim, it’s your choice. The City and County, along with power providers or any other service owes you NOTHING!” must be infuriating.
From what I understand Texas had a similar cold snap 10 years ago. Although it was not on this scale it surely should have made Texas address the fact that many homes where not equipped to deal with such harsh conditions that seen pipes burst?
Anyhoo I don't live in America and I have found it very interesting reading this afternoon what the average Joe in Texas and areas effected think in various platforms that allow them to comment

Whatever is happening in Texas has nothing to do with anything Biden or trump did. Texas has its own power grid. They are unaffected on the decisions any president makes regarding the power grid. So the outrage you feel for the Texans should be directed at their governors, senators, etc.

as for Biden allowing the Chinese access. That’s not what he did. He suspended the eo.

Biden's executive order places a temporary suspension of trump‘s orders to allow the new energy secretary to review the policy and determine if a replacement order should be issued. 90 day review.

As for Cruz. It’s quite typical of politicians. Let them eat cake!

Texas' power grid and power production weren't made to withstand these extreme weather conditions. It was recommended, but thanks to deregulation it wasn't required. So wind turbines froze, pipelines froze, water pipes burst thanks to water that froze and expanded etc.

Republicans were in control of Texas' own power grid and they just didn't do the necessary work that was required. So now they are trying to blame AOC and green new deal and green energy and whatnot to shift the blame somehow.

I noticed quite a few Texan's who posted comments in various boards where going to install their own generators etc. I recall that a few years ago in the UK the government where insulating houses for free. Maybe they could do something similar over there too?

I'm sure Texas could but I'm in the north east where we have winter season so the houses are well insulated or at least should be and the water pipes protected from freezing with this foam stuff.

I used to see these Genrac tv commercials all the time but haven't see them lately (maybe because of the covid). Not sure how long they provide power for though.

foam-insul.JPG

Ooo good god that takes my back to Belfast circa 1976 and my battle ax of a granny scrubbing me in a tin Bath with the same brush she used to scrub the door step with "I shit yous not"

Who were you, Oliver Twist?

My gran still had the outside bathroom; having a curry at hers on a cold December wasn’t the pleasant experience later on.

Whatever is happening in Texas has nothing to do with anything Biden or trump did. Texas has its own power grid. They are unaffected on the decisions any president makes regarding the power grid. So the outrage you feel for the Texans should be directed at their governors, senators, etc.

as for Biden allowing the Chinese access. That’s not what he did. He suspended the eo.

Biden's executive order places a temporary suspension of trump‘s orders to allow the new energy secretary to review the policy and determine if a replacement order should be issued. 90 day review.

As for Cruz. It’s quite typical of politicians. Let them eat cake!
Direct me to my outrage that Biden lifted the EO allowing access to the grid when in my quote I stated that I did not think that in this case that it had anything to do with the situation in Texas or that I posted a video that warns just how easy it is to have grids compromised. The video even states that smaller grids are much more at risk than the likes of the JP Morgans of this world who can spend many millions per year on such security yet still have their systems hacked.

Please read what I say and post instead of what you think I am saying and get things in context

Direct me to my outrage that Biden lifted the EO allowing access to the grid when in my quote I stated that I did not think that in this case that it had anything to do with the situation in Texas or that I posted a video that warns just how easy it is to have grids compromised. The video even states that smaller grids are much more at risk than the likes of the JP Morgans of this world who can spend many millions per year on such security yet still have their systems hacked.

Please read what I say and post instead of what you think I am saying and get things in context

I did. This is your quote below.

What reason is Biden allowing China access to the American power grid is one of the many questions that Texan's and those most effected by the outages and lack of clean water should be asking.

Two of us on this board have pointed out to you that Texas has its own power grid. Yet you brought up the Texans and Biden’s decision to suspend the trump eo.

Also where has Biden allowed China to access the American power grid? No one is buying any power transformers from chine for the power grid. Biden’s Energy secretary is reviewing trumps eo. 90 days.

And I responded to your initial Psaki video and your response to me for that. so whatever video you are talking about I did not see it.

as for your last comment. Maybe take your own advice.

I believe that it reached -20 and below. What I am curious to know is if the summer has as much of an impacted on usage as the winter due to everyone blasting their Air Con?
It seems in this case winter turbines and solar failed which made up 10% of total input which i turn put too much of a strain on the grid. But as I say there will probably be a lot of investigations and finger pointing over coming months

This is an outright lie the right is trying to sell.

This explains why the grid failed.
It’s called greed.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back