US political crisis

I'll tell you what is tiresome, looking at my alerts and seeing a quoted reply from yourself when I've just stated I am past caring debating this bs.

Then when I read it, that wearisome reaction I had felt was warranted, another cheap shot and more strawman stuff.

However I will not abide an uncivil, cheap shot from you without responding further - and it's in a long line of little cheap shots fired by you in my direction, the casual reader won't be aware of that, so might think I'm overreacting here.

I stated many people, including the people in control of 17 states, do not believe the election was won fair and square. The witnesses appeared at the various state hearings to give evidence, also provided affidavits to the various court cases. [this was in reply to you saying " This was disputed election in the mind of trump cuz he is who he is"]

I was speculating why somebody blocked the deployment of the national guard...I didn't see it mentioned as part of the impeachment case, that trump or someone under his control had deliberately blocked it.
I quoted wikipedia that 10 former defense secretaries had written an open letter raising the alarm about a potential military coup by trump.

NPR:
The former chief of U.S. Capitol Police says security officials at the House and Senate rebuffed his early requests to call in the National Guard ahead of a demonstration in support of President Trump that turned into a deadly attack on Congress.

Former chief Steven Sund -- who
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
last week after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called for him to step down -- made the assertions in an interview with
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
published Sunday.

Sund says he requested assistance six times ahead of and during the attack on the Capitol. Each of those requests was denied or delayed, he says.

Uncivil? I think this might be a cultural thing. I apologize if I offended you with my reply.

there are no cheap shots directed at you at all. I respond to your posts and I do so with sincerity armed with my belief system. I have no qualms with you or your beliefs. I respect your posts as I have said sometime ago when for no reason at all you got banned. I came to your defence. I apologize if you think there is some hidden agenda to maybe take a shot at you. It is not my intention.

However I will clear up what I meant by tiresome. the part that makes me weary with ppl who believe the election was rigged is they believe that the election was rigged based on all these things they read in the right wing medias. Yet there is not one shred of evidence. Those so called witnesses? Why weren’t they called? Why did the courts throw out 69 out of 70 cases. Surely not everyone is corrupt in those courts where Giuliani and company presented their lawsuits. no one has any answers when confronted with this. Where is this undisputed proof. Think about it. An American election was rigged according to Trump and followers why haven’t they presented the evidence. The left wing media would ignore it but Surely the right wing media would tell the world about it. I mean if the evidence is there. Hard proof. Why hasn’t it been presented in the court of law or in the media?

I can repeat a lie till I am blue in the face and convince everyone who believes me that this lie is true but it does NOT a make it true just cuz I keep repeating it. Repetition of lie does not make true.

the Dems were caught in the same cycle 4 years ago. we cannot go through this every four years. What is the point of an election if the losers will not believe they lost?

as for the national guard. It seems that there is confusion. So I will not argue the point.

Uncivil? I think this might be a cultural thing. I apologize if I offended you with my reply.

there are no cheap shots directed at you at all. I respond to your posts and I do so with sincerity armed with my belief system. I have no qualms with you or your beliefs. I respect your posts as I have said sometime ago when for no reason at all you got banned. I came to your defence. I apologize if you think there is some hidden agenda to maybe take a shot at you. It is not my intention.

However I will clear up what I meant by tiresome. the part that makes me weary with ppl who believe the election was rigged is they believe that the election was rigged based on all these things they read in the right wing medias. Yet there is not one shred of evidence. Those so called witnesses? Why weren’t they called? Why did the courts throw out 69 out of 70 cases. Surely not everyone is corrupt in those courts where Giuliani and company presented their lawsuits. no one has any answers when confronted with this. Where is this undisputed proof. Think about it. An American election was rigged according to Trump and followers why haven’t they presented the evidence. The left wing media would ignore it but Surely the right wing media would tell the world about it. I mean if the evidence is there. Hard proof. Why hasn’t it been presented in the court of law or in the media?

I can repeat a lie till I am blue in the face and convince everyone who believes me that this lie is true but it does NOT a make it true just cuz I keep repeating it. Repetition of lie does not make true.

the Dems were caught in the same cycle 4 years ago. we cannot go through this every four years. What is the point of an election if the losers will not believe they lost?

as for the national guard. It seems that there is confusion. So I will not argue the point.

Apology accepted, and I may have been a bit tetchy first thing this morning, also it's the curse of the written word for misinterpretations to occur.

I did try to follow the election aftermath but there was too minutiae for me, in the end he was unable to convince anyone in authority that he unfairly lost, so the world moves on.

Let's see if Joe can do a better job, he has got a certain amount of 'the common touch' to engage with the average voter, far more than someone like beto o'rourke or hillary.

@mack341
@Steviedoo

both superb people, one I agree with the other we don’t hardly ever ‘unless it’s about my superb cooking skills’

doesn’t mean her voice is less heard.

glad it’s been resolved this way rather than the other..

also my latest corona post leaves lots to be desired haha

Ready for my latest lame joke - how about this?

Its not a lie, its just not the full truth.

Last edited:
I heard that Texas has its own power grid separate from the US power grid. The Trump EO has something to do with getting power transformers from China, these things are huge weighing 100-400 tons so the fear was they could implant some nefarious software in it.

I was going to post in the Covid thread a week or two ago as a rebuttal to the lockdown whining, something to the effect that dealing with a lockdown is nothing, imagine if we lost power for a month but preached to my friend about it instead.

I heard that Texas has its own power grid separate from the US power grid. The Trump EO has something to do with getting power transformers from China, these things are huge weighing 100-400 tons so the fear was they could implant some nefarious software in it.

I was going to post in the Covid thread a week or two ago as a rebuttal to the lockdown whining, something to the effect that dealing with a lockdown is nothing, imagine if we lost power for a month but preached to my friend about it instead.
Did you mistype? Did Trump not prevent it and the EO allowed access?

Atleast it was a little bit better than what Tucker could come up with.
:laugh:

Lets hope he does not wear a tan suit our something, because im not sure Tucker could handle it.
:p

Speaking of dogs.

"Damnit people, fox news is making us look bad, do we have nothing negative about Biden to air, like literally anything will do"

:laugh: :laugh:

Presumably you did not listen to the reporters question? Note that Psaki could not answer the question.
Has she ever circled back to any question that she promised to circle back too?

yes I did. You stated that trumps prevented it and the eo allowed acces to...
so I’m asking you what are you talking about.

as for the press secretary...circle back....same Crap different administration.

And....texas has its own power grid. So whatever is happening in Texas has nothing to with the National power grid and how safe or unsafe it is to hackers or any eo trump or Biden signed. Privatization of power and deregulation of water ...

Biden's executive order places a temporary suspension of trump‘s orders to allow the new energy secretary to review the policy and determine if a replacement order should be issued.

trump’s eo was not rescinded. It’s been suspended By Biden’s eo. The reporter states that. Trumps eo is suspended for 90 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back