US political crisis

About going after a certain group.
Just make it so people have to take time off work to go vote.
Poor people wont, so if you have a county/area where white or black people make up the majority of the poor people, you can target that group like this.
There are obviously alot of ways to target a certain group.

You made assumptions about what I think about her from the beginning in reply to what was clearly simply a joke.

After saying that you assume many things about what I think you then proceeded to question me as if your assumptions where facts demanding answers to your assumptions.
You are simply wrong in your assumptions.
You are like an attack dog without any teet

My assumptions are based on your posts that repeatedly disparage her. And your use of disparaging sexist names for her. Of which I appreciated you apologizing for.

do you always immediately jump on someone who doesn’t agree with you or even remotely says something in a post you don’t like. Just like you did right now. Feels that way. Who is the attack dog.

there are worse things I have been called then an attack dog without teeth. But you are just making noise to make noise.

Thats about as far as i got with my ideas about it aswell.
Seriously cant think of a good reason for making it illegal.

Don't know if this is also einstein level thinking from me but if a long wait is expected, could the voting person waiting in line not bring their own drink bottle and snacks?? :rolleyes: ....putting on my deer stalker and puffing on my pipe sherlock holmes style, perhaps there's a carrot angle going on with homeless people promised something to eat/drink if they vote.

How do they manage the toilet angle if required to wait for a long time, that would bother me more. :eek2:

Although we're famous for queuing in the uk, we don't tend to have massive queues outside our polling stations, it's all in and out and over quickly as it were, just need a voter registration card, never seen a computer terminal it's all done by paper in person, though you can apply for a mail vote option.

My assumptions are based on your posts that repeatedly disparage her. And your use of disparaging sexist names for her. Of which I appreciated you apologizing for.

do you always immediately jump on someone who doesn’t agree with you or even remotely says something in a post you don’t like. Just like you did right now. Feels that way. Who is the attack dog.

there are worse things I have been called then an attack dog without teeth. But you are just making noise to make noise.
You specifically assumed that I thought she was "unqualified " for her position then demanded that I point out how she was unqualified. You then went on to say that there are no specific qualifications.
If that is not wanting to argue for the sake of it then I do not know what is
And all based on you jumping to wild conclusions

Don't know if this is also einstein level thinking from me but if a long wait is expected, could the voting person waiting in line not bring their own drink bottle and snacks?? :rolleyes: ....putting on my deer stalker and puffing on my pipe sherlock holmes style, perhaps there's a carrot angle going on with homeless people promised something to eat/drink if they vote.

How do they manage the toilet angle if required to wait for a long time, that would bother me more. :eek2:

Although we're famous for queuing in the uk, we don't tend to have massive queues outside our polling stations, it's all in and out and over quickly as it were, just need a voter registration card, never seen a computer terminal it's all done by paper in person, though you can apply for a mail vote option.
I did think about that, but wouldnt be very hard to just say "go vote x and ill give you a burger" instead of giving them food while standing in line.
We need to dig deeper.
:p

I barely participate in here (mostly, because I havent the brain capacity to do so lol)
But I happen to think that:

While not a Biden proponent, definitely, in my opinion, better than his predecessor (but surely, in a vast, vast country, there's still smart, educated, younger, better suited men (or women) for the job
Kamala seems bright and well suited,, and while yes, left leaning, holds some decent middle ideology
And love Jen Psaki and enjoy her briefings as I find her clever and articulate

Carry on :p

You specifically assumed that I thought she was "unqualified " for her position then demanded that I point out how she was unqualified. You then went on to say that there are no specific qualifications.
If that is not wanting to argue for the sake of it then I do not know what is
And all based on you jumping to wild conclusions

go back and read your posts.

You are just convoluting the argument with all these accusations you’re throwing at me. Rather comical.

And you’re arguing for arguements sake.

Im gonna move on now.

I actually gave an older man a bottle of water yesterday as it was unseasonably warm.
I was picking up a pizza and he was sitting in the passenger seat of the car behind me eating a sub or sandwich so when I opened my suv tailgate I pulled out a bottle, opened it for him and passed it to him through the car window.

tbh, I don't think he spoke much English but thank me with a nod. I think he was Armenian as that area has a big Armenian population.

This popped up on YT. The Governor said what I was thinking, why can't the polling station hand out water?
Always good to hear the counter.

go back and read your posts.

You are just convoluting the argument with all these accusations you’re throwing at me. Rather comical.

And you’re arguing for arguements sake.

Im gonna move on now.
In this run away reply you said nothing.
Show me the posts that you say show all of the things you accused me of that show the things you accused me of thinking about her.
What accusations have I made against you since you started making accusations and presumptions against me that are not correct?
What is comical?
How am I arguing for arguments sake when you have dictated this conversation since I posted my very simply obvious joke anad I have just been obligated to either reply or be presumed incapable?

Last edited:
In this run away reply you said nothing.
Show me the posts that you say show all of the things you accused me of that show the things you accused me of thinking about her.
What accusations have I made against you since you started making accusations and presumptions against me that are not correct?
What is comical?
How am I arguing for arguments sake when you have dictated this conversation since I posted my very simply obvious joke anad I have just been obligated to either reply or be presumed incapable?
The linguistic gymnastics you spout on here never ceases to amaze me...especially since it’s says nothing and it’s just arguing...

While not a Biden proponent, definitely, in my opinion, better than his predecessor

In what way? What has Biden done in 100 days in office that makes you feel like he's better than his predecessor?

Why was he so quick to bomb Syria within his 100 days in office?

That was such a great press conference he had where he hand picked who to call on off that sheet he had for questions
and flex his 120 years experience when he came into the Senate.

Last edited:
In what way? What has Biden done in 100 days in office that makes you feel like he's better than his predecessor?

That was such a great press conference he had where he hand picked who to call on off that sheet he had for questions
One of them is actually doing his job helping people.
Other one just played golf and whined about the press.

What did Trump do to help people during his 4 years?

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess it will be a lot longer before he holds his second presser. He was armed with everything possible to help him out including a room full of press that just threw him underarm softballs.
Contrast that to the baying mob that Trump always faced who where allowed to ask hard questions and the clapping seals in the media who insisted to the public that it was a great performance from the stand.

The governor in that vid made a good point, why are voters having to stand in line for 2-3 hours in democrat run areas, that must suppress the vote itself.
It really does suppress the vote. Kemp has been leading the efforts to close polling places. The same guy as in slotplayer's video. Fewer polling places...longer lines. Also trying to limit early voting so even longer queues when more people try to vote.

Can you tell me why republicans can't come up with any ideas that people actually like? They unanimously opposed the relief bill that had majority support even among the republicans. They'll never do anything about guns. Still no ideas about healthcare. I'm sure Trump still keeps telling that beautiful healthcare plan is coming up in few weeks.
Why are republicans opposed to helping people in any way? They really love throwing money to rich people and to big corporations.

Contrast that to the baying mob that Trump always faced who where allowed to ask hard questions and the clapping seals in the media who insisted to the public that it was a great performance from the stand.

Really? The man spent every press conference avoiding questions, peddling lies, belittling the press and anytime he was asked a hard question he just ignored it and moved on to one of his more favoured reporters who he knew wouldnt push anything awkward his way.
And in his last year in office, the pressers got less and less because it was obvious to all he had completely messed up with Covid and didnt have a clue how to combat it.
So please direct me to one of these hard questions.

It really does suppress the vote. Kemp has been leading the efforts to close polling places. The same guy as in slotplayer's video. Fewer polling places...longer lines. Also trying to limit early voting so even longer queues when more people try to vote.

Can you tell me why republicans can't come up with any ideas that people actually like? They unanimously opposed the relief bill that had majority support even among the republicans. They'll never do anything about guns. Still no ideas about healthcare. I'm sure Trump still keeps telling that beautiful healthcare plan is coming up in few weeks.
Why are republicans opposed to helping people in any way? They really love throwing money to rich people and to big corporations.

If I were in the US I probably wouldn't be an ardent republican, certainly not the rino or establishment kind, I'd be more a tea party/rand paul/thomas massie supporter than mitch mcconnel/ liz cheney/kinzinger. Trump was somewhere between the two.

The dems have a lot of power, in congress, in individual states and obviously the oval office, so they can't keep blaming the republicans for not improving the lot of their supporters [dem voters].

Really? The man spent every press conference avoiding questions, peddling lies, belittling the press and anytime he was asked a hard question he just ignored it and moved on to one of his more favoured reporters who he knew wouldnt push anything awkward his way.
And in his last year in office, the pressers got less and less because it was obvious to all he had completely messed up with Covid and didnt have a clue how to combat it.
So please direct me to one of these hard questions.
I do not need to go any further than his first press conference as president.
No tick list of press names to call out. No script to read from. No avoiding reporters that may ask awkward questions and a room packed to the rafters.
He answered every question that he could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back