UKGC - be useful and abolish the MAX BET button

satchnz

MM
This is the sort of useful decision this lot could make rather than the crap they have been coming out with.

* I just watched my balance reduce from £62 down to £12 after I unknowingly hit the max bet button before taking my next spin. A £50 losing spin is very upsetting for a £0.20 per spin player…

No, unfortunately not. Their concern lies with making slots as unplayable as possible whilst having no actual know- how of gambling, then (likely) slowing down spin speeds to a crawl, taking away bright colours, any type of visual and audio cues to make the games engaging, limiting players' 'exposure' to these addictive games, followed by hourly affordability checks!

Then comes the 'piece de resistance' whereby they'll enlarge the Max Bet button, and probably place it even nearer the spin symbol :cool:

But until that fine day arrives, I'd have a natter with CS to see if they'd reimburse the £50 as a goodwill gesture, given your play history an' all. You never know 🙌

Fraid its the would you have complained if you had won situation,The Max button should have been abolished years ago
but seems the autoplay and bonus buy buttons were much naughtier.
Did it at a 1k stake at Mecca years ago on a game that no one in their right mind would have played for more than £1.
They turned me down flat when i complained but I had to accept the bet had been made and I would have been very
happy if I had won, instead I was pig sick and almost packed up gambling.

There is a good argument to be had, that removing auto play actually had the adverse effect.

I used to set it to 100 spins (for a handful of games that are dull to grind on low stakes). If nothing much happened after 200 spins, I would leave the game. Now I tend to just play out my balance and as they are very HV games, I lose more than I normally would have done.

Wasn't a problem until they abolished auto play.. just set it off at the chosen stake and job's a good one. Now, the mouse cursor can often drift to the right towards "max bet" as the player frantically demolishes the left button to skip win count ups and set the reels in motion, all while washing down painkillers with cheap scotch to combat the pain from repetitive strain injury.... :thumbsup:

So I promptly lost my last £12 in my Novibet account tonight, proceeded to deposit another £50, and promptly lost that too (all at £0.20 per spin too I’m happy to add). I’m £50 deeper than I expected to be. All down to f-ing MAX BET. Hear that UKGC? Your dysfunctional approach has made me gamble more.

There is a good argument to be had, that removing auto play actually had the adverse effect.

I used to set it to 100 spins (for a handful of games that are dull to grind on low stakes). If nothing much happened after 200 spins, I would leave the game. Now I tend to just play out my balance and as they are very HV games, I lose more than I normally would have done.
Completely agree with you. Still can’t get my head around what a brainless move it was to remove autos. I mean utterly moronic.

Wasn't a problem until they abolished auto play.. just set it off at the chosen stake and job's a good one. Now, the mouse cursor can often drift to the right towards "max bet" as the player frantically demolishes the left button to skip win count ups and set the reels in motion, all while washing down painkillers with cheap scotch to combat the pain from repetitive strain injury.... :thumbsup:
Absolutely, there were more positives to autoplay than negatives. If the UKGC were to go out ‘in the field’ now and question gamblers, I’m pretty sure the overwhelming response would be to bring back autos.

They will never admit they fucked up though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back