TV's and Spiders??

weesie

Ueber Meister
Hi,

Are there any TV savy people here?

A few days ago, I saw what I thought was a spider on the screen of our big screen HD projection TV. I tried to brush it off only to find it was on the inside. Two days later the picture went out. Sound is still great.

Is there any way that spider could have caused that?

David thinks it would cost too much to fix since it's a projection............ and he thought we would have to take it in and we don't want to do that cause it's so dam big.

I got two estimates for house calls, 45.00 and 85.00. The one for 85.00 sounded like they knew more than the other guys.

For now we have a tiny 19 inch setting in front of it on a table............. welcome to "Honey Boo Boos'"

Hi,

Are there any TV savy people here?

A few days ago, I saw what I thought was a spider on the screen of our big screen HD projection TV. I tried to brush it off only to find it was on the inside. Two days later the picture went out. Sound is still great.

Is there any way that spider could have caused that?

David thinks it would cost too much to fix since it's a projection............ and he thought we would have to take it in and we don't want to do that cause it's so dam big.

I got two estimates for house calls, 45.00 and 85.00. The one for 85.00 sounded like they knew more than the other guys.

For now we have a tiny 19 inch setting in front of it on a table............. welcome to "Honey Boo Boos'"

Costco has some nice 50 inch lcd's for less then $600, so dont spend too much getting this one fixed.. Maybe liquid "blood" from inside spider burnt out screen? Just a guess but sure it could happen

:lolup:@Honey Doo Doo

That sucks! We are constantly replacing Big screen TV's at the bar. Most of the time we are told it will cost more to fix than to just buy a new one.

Don't know if that's true in your case-hope you get it fixed Weesie!

Maybe the spider went in there and shut it off because you're watching too many unreality shows.

Stick this DVD in and see if it comes back on.

kingdom-spiders.jpg

Well,

He did it............ we had a tech come out and look at it. He said it was the "sweet module", whatever that is. would be about $400.

David said no way. Tonight he comes home with a 65" HD Flat screen with "passive 3D"??? (you can use it or not) , internet , heck I don't know, it can probably make waffles.

65"........... I am 62" tall!!

The man is beyond!

Now we have the big old projection tv sitting outside in the garage, don't know what we're gonna do with THAT! A home for spiders?

About 2 weeks ago, they had an electronics recycling collection (free drop-off). They won't be doing that for another year.

Looking at Google, it looks like a fancy way of telling you "the bulb has blown". Your fault description suggests the same. These are not normal bulbs, but powerful high wattage projection bulbs, and can be killed by being surface contaminated, by a spider for example. It may not be entirely useless if you can get the replacement bulb and fit it yourself, or sell/give it to someone else to have a go now that you have a new telly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back