To the jacka$$ who keeps signing me up for mailing lists.

Roanan

Banned User - abusive flamming - misogynist
One of our members is a criminal.

In my thread about affiliate spam, I missed an email address in one of my headers (since corrected) and a CM member decided to use that address and sign me up for hundreds of mailing lists.

All non-white list messages I get are automatically put in my junk folder and forwarded to SpamCop, so the only reason I know this has happened is that this moron was stupid enough to sign me up for 50 lists on one server alone, and the network administrator sent me an email alerting me.

Unfortunately for you jacka$$, thanks to that email I now have your IP address and have already contacted Telefonica and the CNP.

So the only ones getting hurt are the owners of the mailing lists that you're signing me up for, as the repeated SpamCop reports will get their mailing privileges suspended or revoked, and YOURSELF, as you are now facing a criminal investigation as well as losing your access to any utility services offered by Telefonica.

You may as well reply to this thread and confess what you have done now because I will know who you are shortly and I will expose you myself, plus admission of your guilt MIGHT keep you out of jail.

Sorry this happened to you. This may be dumb question, what does non-white messages mean. Just wondering:confused:.

It's no sweat off my back.

Like I said in my OP, the only reason I knew this was happening is a network administrator sent me a personal message telling me.

As for your question, if you use a good internet security suite like Kaspersky combined with an email program like Thunderbird, you can set up all sorts of options that uses specified keywords, your contact list, and a central database to create a 'white list' and then separates your email into legitimate messages and 'junk'.

Then I take it a step further and have all junk automatically forwarded forwarded to SpamCop immediately.

One of our members is a criminal.

In my thread about affiliate spam, I missed an email address in one of my headers (since corrected) and a CM member decided to use that address and sign me up for hundreds of mailing lists.

All non-white list messages I get are automatically put in my junk folder and forwarded to SpamCop, so the only reason I know this has happened is that this moron was stupid enough to sign me up for 50 lists on one server alone, and the network administrator sent me an email alerting me.

Unfortunately for you jacka$$, thanks to that email I now have your IP address and have already contacted Telefonica and the CNP.

So the only ones getting hurt are the owners of the mailing lists that you're signing me up for, as the repeated SpamCop reports will get their mailing privileges suspended or revoked, and YOURSELF, as you are now facing a criminal investigation as well as losing your access to any utility services offered by Telefonica.

You may as well reply to this thread and confess what you have done now because I will know who you are shortly and I will expose you myself, plus admission of your guilt MIGHT keep you out of jail.

It was me...lol...j/k

slotheadlizard only didn't understand one thing, I don't understand the whole thing.

What is "Spamcop" "Telefonica" and "CNP"

On Edit...who has time to sign up someone for hundreds of mailing lists? How long would that take? Seriously.

I can't wait for my new computer to come in, laptops suck, can't type right. Just a little vent. :)

Last edited:
IWhat is "Spamcop" "Telefonica" and "CNP"

Spam Cop =
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

It's a service that not only reports spam to the ISP but also is the major player for getting mailservers and what not blacklisted. (the laypersons explanation)

Telefonica is I believe the main Telco for Spain.

CNP can't help you with. Though there is a CNP tech that deals in data security, but I don't think it's related to this.

Cheers

:)

Dave

slotheadlizard only didn't understand one thing, I don't understand the whole thing.

:

'SpamCop parses reported email, sending warning information to the internet service provider responsible for hosting the services used by the spammer (web sites and email sending sites). SpamCop also uses the information to generate SpamCop's free blocking list.

Unfortunately, this is an ongoing battle. Spammers adapt quickly and persistently. Report spam and help SpamCop turn the tide. SpamCop makes this otherwise slow and technical task quick and easy.

The SpamCop reporting service is free.'

:

'Telefónica is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies by market cap. Its activities are centred mainly on the fixed and mobile telephony businesses, while its broadband business is the key growth driver underpinning both. It operates in 25 countries and its customer base exceeds 264 million globally. Telefónica’s growth strategy is focused on the markets in which it has a strong foothold: Spain, Europe and Latin America.'

:

'The Cuerpo Nacional de Policía (English: National Police Corps) is the national civilian police force of Spain. The CNP is mainly responsible for policing urban areas, whilst countryside policing is generally the responsibility of the Guardia Civil, the Spanish gendarmerie. The CNP is under the authority of Spain's Ministry of the Interior. They mostly handle criminal, judicial, terrorism and immigration matters.'

On Edit...who has time to sign up someone for hundreds of mailing lists? How long would that take? Seriously.

Obviously a complete moron. :rolleyes:

The reports to the police and ISP only took a few minutes and in total I have spent less than an hour on this issue, and most of that time was spent on this thread.

The statistics are showing that he has signed me up for approximately 250 mailing lists so far.

Unless he has a super computer AND all of the list servers bookmarked already, you'd need at least a minute to find a mailing list, load the page, paste the email, hit confirm, and then move on to search for the next list.

So at least 4 hours have been wasted by this moron, and I've spent less than an hour.

I hope whatever he's trying to accomplish will be worth being denied access to cable, telephone and internet services for the rest of his life, plus the time he will be spending in jail.

im really starting to like you mate!
i have some nice addies for you, howeer i will first go about and dive into this material furhter:
thanks for pointing me in the right direction:
if my lack of intelligence prevents me from solving the matter myself, ill pm you ^^

It was me...lol...j/k

I can't wait for my new computer to come in, laptops suck, can't type right. Just a little vent. :)

Who has time to sign victims up for spam? Well, one crowd are unscrupulous online gambling operators or marketers who can be quite vindictive in hitting back at critics (ask any player advocate or media critic how many times they've been inundated with spam from clowns like this).

These cretins are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, but definitely among the most irritating.

If you can name and shame 'em (and their companies) it would be interesting reading - most victims are just too busy running their businesses to go after the buggers.

Who has time to sign victims up for spam? Well, one crowd are unscrupulous online gambling operators or marketers who can be quite vindictive in hitting back at critics (ask any player advocate or media critic how many times they've been inundated with spam from clowns like this).

These cretins are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, but definitely among the most irritating.

If you can name and shame 'em (and their companies) it would be interesting reading - most victims are just too busy running their businesses to go after the buggers.

he isnt to busy to go after the buggers he thrives on it he has way to much time on his hands :rolleyes:

GamblersGoWildCindy

I'm 99% sure this is NOT being done by one of 'the usual suspects' but by a CM member who has a gripe with me personally (and happens to live in Spain).

As I mentioned in my OP, I have the IP address of this idiot, and Telefonica have confirmed this is a residential account, and action is being taken to shut all of their services down.

The immaturity shown by this moron tells me that he's probably some 30 year old virgin still living in his parents' basement.

I'm sure they are going to be VERY happy when they find out that they are no longer allowed to have a telephone, watch cable TV or use the internet anymore, although I suspect having to explain to the neighbours why their 'little boy' was dragged away by the police in handcuffs won't be very much fun either.

As I mentioned in my OP, I have the IP address of this idiot...
Not sure if he would consider it a breach of confidentiality, but if you gave Bryan that IP I'm pretty sure he could do a quick search of all CM members and see if it matches with anyone.
Might be quicker! :thumbsup:

KK

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back