Time for a new PC!

Finally done the 'deal' this morning. Paid in full and project 'No Lag' underway!

Quad Core 3.8Ghz Processor
8 GB DDr3 Ram 1600mhz
GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card
Samsung Evo Pro 250GB SSD
Win 10 OS

Top end of my final budget after labour charges etc but all good!

ETA - Thursday (Wednesday if I'm lucky)

Thanks again to all who helped me 'get there' :thumbsup:

Hoo-f*cking-ray!!!
This PC order has taken longer than a Rival cash-out!! :eek2:

Seriously, that is a sensible compromise and a decent machine for the price. You won't half notice the difference....:thumbsup:

SSD is king!!! Hard drives should be consigned to the dumpster containing audio cassettes, video cassettes, sandwich toasters and sodastreams...:D

SSD is king!!! Hard drives should be consigned to the dumpster containing audio cassettes, video cassettes, sandwich toasters and sodastreams...:D

I agree with the general sentiment but I wouldn't want to have to buy SSDs for all our archived stuff. 6TB of SSDs would cost more than I care to imagine. :eek2:

Finally done the 'deal' this morning. Paid in full and project 'No Lag' underway!

Quad Core 3.8Ghz Processor
8 GB DDr3 Ram 1600mhz
GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card
Samsung Evo Pro 250GB SSD
Win 10 OS

Top end of my final budget after labour charges etc but all good!

ETA - Thursday (Wednesday if I'm lucky)

Thanks again to all who helped me 'get there' :thumbsup:

sounds like a real gaming machine!!! wishing you a big win!

It's Here!

Arrived mid afternoon, 24 hours ahead of schedule roughly. :D

Spec as described couple of posts above, just need to upgrade to Windows 10 as he used my old Win7 Licence/key.

Impressed so far but plan to 'put it through its paces' after tea.

Cheers All for supporting me throughout this project, much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Out with the old......

oldpc.jpg

Just checking mate how you get on with the new box.

Do you understand now why we recommended SSD? I am pretty sure you wouldn't like to go back to a conventional hard drive :D

Just checking mate how you get on with the new box.

Do you understand now why we recommended SSD? I am pretty sure you wouldn't like to go back to a conventional hard drive :D

Cheers Harry!

Yes all good, very good in fact lol.

Had a few 'teething' problems as is always to be expected with 'new kit' but geez, how on earth did I put up with that donkey for so, so long??

SSD rocks and I am so glad I did this thread and took the very valuable advice!

I am well pleased with the complete set up, much better for both work (although that is awful atm) and slotting etc.

Only one minor downside.... Now that my lag is a thing of the past, I truly didn't realise how most of the slots I play were 'supposed' to spin and on a bad day my deposits are gone much quicker lol.

Thanks for asking how things were going, it is appreciated and here's to a big win for us both very soon.:thumbsup:

Super Macro

If you follow me -you did not guess -or you can buy finished Super Macro or you will pick it up by yourself

Just let me know if it comes to this, I spent months researching coolers so I can save you a lot of time in terms of narrowing down and/or making your selection.

I'd simply go SSD full stop. Dearer, but you'll be astonished at the boot speed and smooth running of high-demand programs. eBay has a few PC builders who'll do it to your spec, I got a good one there (desktop) for £300 a couple of years back. Get WIN 10 too, far better than all since Vista

I'd simply go SSD full stop. Dearer, but you'll be astonished at the boot speed and smooth running of high-demand programs. eBay has a few PC builders who'll do it to your spec, I got a good one there (desktop) for £300 a couple of years back. Get WIN 10 too, far better than all since Vista

What's the point of this resurrect? This thread is almost two years old now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back