the WTF thread

dionysus

Contest Manager
Staff member
CAG
MM
you know..in case of the smell of rotting meat is your jam :eek2:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

When it is in full bloom, the plant produces a strong smell similar to rotting meat in order to attract flies and beetles for pollination.

The plant usually takes between seven to 10 years to bloom, but one flower at the Toronto Zoo opened in September 2018 after only five years.
The plant was named Pablo “Pe-ew” Caso in a contest and was widely visited in-person and watched online. It can take several years for a corpse plant to bloom for a second time.
The current blossoming plant has been named ‘Vincent Van Gross.’

To view the plant, guests can purchase tickets at the Toronto Zoo website.

dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
A summer sport in East Anglia, the lands I am from..

I never jumped a dyke in my youth, but some of these did. Some crazy tradition brought over the North Sea from Holland by dyke builders in centuries past who drained the fenlands.

Apparently it was used and perfected by thieves in Holland to steal from farmers and then escape across the water...

P.S. I think the guy opening the event in the blue suit is Dave 'boy' Green who was a champion boxer around that time IIRC.

Kroffe

เ๓ ค Ŧคภςץ ๒єคг
MM
A summer sport in East Anglia, the lands I am from..

I never jumped a dyke in my youth, but some of these did. Some crazy tradition brought over the North Sea from Holland by dyke builders in centuries past who drained the fenlands.

Apparently it was used and perfected by thieves in Holland to steal from farmers and then escape across the water...

P.S. I think the guy opening the event in the blue suit is Dave 'boy' Green who was a champion boxer around that time IIRC.
Pretty crazy sport.
Somehow he still managed to end up in the water tho.

geordiecolin

Sells powdered water in the Gobi
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
WTF . Anyone else following the humiliation of Sally Yates et al's deflection's with their "I was not aware of my superiors actions" defence in the Trump Russia investigations? Its like they are turning in on themselves.

Playford7

Banned User
MM
since you mentioned Sox...
here's a WTF frog; drives the dogs bonkers when they hear it :D

That’s superb!!! But you bad man!!! Bloody stupid sox thinks it’s her squeaky! She’s got a badger and a raccoon that’s tails make similar noises lol!..

Haha poor Sox is up for play time now (angry face from dad)

awesome frog tho!..

Playford7

Banned User
MM
Badger and raccoon will now be taken to bed due to that bloody frog...

everytime I turn over or Sox one will squeak..

frog reported for flaming me dog!..
ED6C9EF6-028C-473C-8EFA-4FE18D88D05E.jpeg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)