The odds just dont add up.

noluckever67

Non-Gambler
This post becomes of being bored and being fishy again playing online poker which i have to say ive become a extremely good fish at.
now i just wanna few opinions..the avergae 80 hands per hour at a 6 seater table you will agree is right..now i gurantee you go to any poker site and i gurantee within 1 hour you will see the following

AA dealt at least once but upto 3-4x an hour most likely. odds 220/1 ...hmmmm

a lot of straights winning hands...odds on a straight>>>>>odds 254/1

A good few flushes winning hands>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>odds 508/1

you will see in one hour a good few full houses >>>>>>>>>odds 693/1

4 of a kind you will also see at least once >>>>>>>>>>>>.odds 4,164/1

straight flush you will see every few hours>>>>>>>>>>>>odds 72,192 to 1

and the not so common royal flush>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>odds 649,739 to 1

The odds also of KK coming up against AA are over 4,000/1 but yet this is a common thing on poker sites...so what i think is if you look at the odds of these hands actually coming out and play poker online a lot and see these hands EXTREMELY regularly then only one conclusion online poker is juiced for action??? the odds very much suggest it is.

Last edited:
Those are the odds for 5-card poker hands. In Texas Hold'em you have 7 cards to make a 5-card hand from (21 different combinations of 5-card hands).

If you take any 7 cards out of the deck (i.e. your two hole cards and the five community cards), you get the following odds:

No pair = 1 in 5.74
One pair = 1 in 2.28
Two pair = 1 in 4.26
Three of a Kind = 1 in 20.7
Straight = 1 in 21.6
Flush = 1 in 33.1
Full House = 1 in 38.5
Four of a Kind = 1 in 595
Straight Flush (including Royal) = 1 in 3,217

And you have to remember at a 6 player table 6 hands are being dealt at once so on a 80 hand an hour 480 hands are being dealt , not only your 80 but every one elses .

It may just be me, and I don't know the odds, but at every poker site I frequent, AP, Poker Stars, Full Tilt, MP and Golden Riv, playing hold 'em with any number of players from 6-9, it seems to me that the flops contain a way-too-obvious number of pairs. Out of 50 hands (highest no. of hands easily tracked using IR features) tracked on at least 20 occasions divided pretty equally between the above-mentioned sites, flops have contained a pair ranging from 13/50 to 21/50 hands with the average dead center at 17/50. And when I don't actually count it still seems way to frequent a phenomena and when I throw it out to the other players, no one ever says I'm nuts. How's that for a hmmmmmmm?

The odds of getting dealt a preflop pair are 1 in 16 , so if your playing on a 8 player table , the odds are you should see a pp every 2nd hand somewhere on the table

The odds of getting dealt a preflop pair are 1 in 16 , so if your playing on a 8 player table , the odds are you should see a pp every 2nd hand somewhere on the table

I'm not a poker expert and, to my own discredit, am not nearly as well versed in poker lingo as I feel I should be considering how much time I seem to spend playing. So, with that said, maybe I don't quite understand but the incidents of "flops containing pairs" I refer to are the three community cards that "flop" after the hole card bets are completed and not to any other cards. And the seemingly, artificially high occurrence roughly works out to around 1 out of 3 hands. Does that clarify anything or am I not getting that you, somehow, just said the same thing? I've played at b&m card rooms for over 30 years and I have never noticed cards flying like that to the point where I actually decided to keep track. My admittedly amateur conclusion is (don't laugh!) that these sites are "goosing" the deals to make the hands more dynamic (stop laughing!) to achieve some kind of competitive edge over other poker sites and now they're all doing it. (I know, I know.)

I'm not a poker expert and, to my own discredit, am not nearly as well versed in poker lingo as I feel I should be considering how much time I seem to spend playing. So, with that said, maybe I don't quite understand but the incidents of "flops containing pairs" I refer to are the three community cards that "flop" after the hole card bets are completed and not to any other cards. And the seemingly, artificially high occurrence roughly works out to around 1 out of 3 hands. Does that clarify anything or am I not getting that you, somehow, just said the same thing? I've played at b&m card rooms for over 30 years and I have never noticed cards flying like that to the point where I actually decided to keep track. My admittedly amateur conclusion is (don't laugh!) that these sites are "goosing" the deals to make the hands more dynamic (stop laughing!) to achieve some kind of competitive edge over other poker sites and now they're all doing it. (I know, I know.)

The probability of the flop containing:

A pair (ex. 6-6-9): 5-1 (17%)
No cards in sequence: 0.8-1 (56%)
Two cards in sequence: 1.5-1 (40%)
Three cards in sequence: 28-1 (3.5%)
A rainbow (three cards of different suits): 1.5-1 (40%)
Three of a kind: 424-1 (0.24%)

The probability of the flop containing:
A pair (ex. 6-6-9): 5-1 (17%)
No cards in sequence: 0.8-1 (56%)
Two cards in sequence: 1.5-1 (40%)
Three cards in sequence: 28-1 (3.5%)
A rainbow (three cards of different suits): 1.5-1 (40%)
Three of a kind: 424-1 (0.24%)

What stands out in my experience are the pairs. Pairs flopping at a rate of 17% turns out to be the extreme low in my experience, online. Not having the percentages it just seemed they popped up way above expectations. Each time I tracked 50 hands the result just seemed too improbable and, as your table suggests, it seems I was right. Anyone else notice this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back