The 2016/2017 football season predictor thread

Nice to see the gullible will be flocking to their Sky subs and season tickets after the dismal England display.

The world's richest league, maybe.

Will people still get taken in by pundits like Collymore talking some drivel over and over on Talk Sport about the PL being the "best in the world" when it isn't by a long chalk...

Pongba worth over £100 million I am pissing myself at the absolute stupidity of the clubs in England, he's an above-average international midfielder at best playing in the poorest of the European 'big leagues'.....and now he's worth more than Bale, Ronaldo, Neymar, Aguero, Lewandowski etc.

What did he do against Portugal in the Euro final when it needed something? F*ck-all. Of all the statements of the dire state of English club football this shouts loudest.

Until the money gets reduced and players play for pride as well, and we limit non-UK born players to 4 or 5 a squad and 3 in any one match then nothing will change. You'll all be ripped-off for an over-hyped over-priced mediocre product and enjoy continuing embarrassment of the National side.

Nice to see the gullible will be flocking to their Sky subs and season tickets after the dismal England display.

Will people still get taken in by pundits like Collymore talking some drivel over and over on Talk Sport about the PL being the "best in the world" when it isn't by a long chalk...

Pongba worth over £100 million I am pissing myself at the absolute stupidity of the clubs in England, he's an above-average international midfielder at best playing in the poorest of the European 'big leagues'.....and now he's worth more than Bale, Ronaldo, Neymar, Aguero, Lewandowski etc.

What did he do against Portugal in the Euro final when it needed something? F*ck-all. Of all the statements of the dire state of English club football this shouts loudest.

Until the money gets reduced and players play for pride as well, and we limit non-UK born players to 4 or 5 a squad and 3 in any one match then nothing will change. You'll all be ripped-off for an over-hyped over-priced mediocre product and enjoy continuing embarrassment of the National side.

You gave the names of attacking players only... Pogba is not so attacking football player.. Ibrahimovic was very poor too, so you will say he is not so good player?! :confused::eek:

I remember clubs breaking transfer fee records with £11 million pound signings! I agree that 100 mil is ridiculous and does nothing to enhance our national game.

Furthermore, is Collymore the best BT could come up with? That's the same shot-shy, blonde-battering loudmouth who is probably about as informed as Phil/ Gary Neville. What a joke!

As for England, well, we're about 20 years away from building a capable team. Much like when Germany laid all the veterans of 1998 to rest and focussed on a whole new youth setup at grassroots level. Of course we need to shoot the dinosaurs at the FA first as the large portion of the blame lays with those bozos :mad:

That's what you call a £75million pork pie :eat::eat::eat:

In my prime I could go for months without any training and not putting on any weight so for him to pile it on in such a short space of time suggests that some folk really do have to work at it. Still,I bet it will not take him long in the gym to sort that out. My guess is that players are encouraged to give their bodies a months break once a year?

I remember clubs breaking transfer fee records with £11 million pound signings! I agree that 100 mil is ridiculous and does nothing to enhance our national game.

Furthermore, is Collymore the best BT could come up with? That's the same shot-shy, blonde-battering loudmouth who is probably about as informed as Phil/ Gary Neville. What a joke!

As for England, well, we're about 20 years away from building a capable team. Much like when Germany laid all the veterans of 1998 to rest and focussed on a whole new youth setup at grassroots level. Of course we need to shoot the dinosaurs at the FA first as the large portion of the blame lays with those bozos :mad:

Unfortunately I recall Trevor Francis being the first 1 million squid player back in about 78. Those where the days when goal posts where metal and I watched Sunday league players knock themselves out or break bones when hitting them. And I used to scrounge their bovril and a quarter of an orange at half time. :p

No one takes footballers seriously anyway, especially overhyped, brash & pampered ones!

It's amazing what effect money has on a person, and let's not forget the good old agent pulling the strings.

Pogba's first choice club was actually Madrid, I get the feeling this transfer was a little out of his hands....

Very true. I wonder if Le Tiss would have got much more international honours if he had signed for the likes of Manure?

Don't forget Beckham. He was being held back by the likes of Man U, Madrid etc. He would have made something of himself at Chipping Sodbury Town

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back