Sri Lanka Explosions

- Over 100 people killed and hundreds more injured on Easter Sunday, so a very brave attack by the perpetrators on a bunch of worshippers

- The attackers used suicide vests which makes one wonder what sect or denomination they could have possibly stemmed from

- Yet another outright assault on Christianity, as is expected, on one of its holiest days. It's also looking like these aren't the end of the attacks and this could escalate throughout the day

llll.jpg

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

The lack of shock and messages in this thread alone speak volumes.
Nowhere in the media are Muslims or Islam mentioned..
yet that’s the sole drive of this abhorrent circus of evil acts.
It’s been hours since hundreds lost sisters, brothers and mothers and fathers.. and children.
Nowhere at all is the reason or ideology behind this mentioned once on any media outlet.
Within hours of the NZ attack the far right are cited, anti Islamic sentiment mentioned and also the old racism card played.
We had international outrage.
Now this attack makes NZ fade into insignificance in regards to dead alone yet the outrage is non existent.
I’m a Christian, no fanatical one at all (not that we have jihadi Christians) but i do attend church from time to time, I do read the bible and I do support my faith peacefully.
How is the appeasement of the most violent and intolerant ideology accepted everywhere?. Why is it so defended when it goes against the values of almost everyone?.
It serves absolutely no purpose in modern society, it can’t evolve and grow like other religions, frankly it stays in the dark ages where it should remain or be abolished in the west.
To ignore the worldwide Islamic problem I find astounding, also the ignorance of some to just merely brush it aside.
RIP brothers and sisters whom perished today, god bless you all.

It’s been hours since hundreds lost sisters, brothers and mothers and fathers.. and children.
Nowhere at all is the reason or ideology behind this mentioned once on any media outlet.
Within hours of the NZ attack the far right are cited, anti Islamic sentiment mentioned and also the old racism card played.
Now this attack makes NZ fade into insignificance in regards to dead alone yet the outrage is non existent.
I’m a Christian, no fanatical one at all (not that we have jihadi Christians) but i do attend church from time to time, I do read the bible and I do support my faith peacefully.
How is the appeasement of the most violent and intolerant ideology accepted everywhere?. Why is it so defended when it goes against the values of almost everyone?.
It serves absolutely no purpose in modern society, it can’t evolve and grow like other religions, frankly it stays in the dark ages where it should remain or be abolished in the west.
To ignore the worldwide Islamic problem I find astounding, also the ignorance of some to just merely brush it aside.
Was gonna bump the thread with an updated casualty toll but figured people aren't terribly bothered by these events anyhow, as it's just Christians innit :cool:

But yes, earlier today I noticed the choice reporting by the media, and omission of certain words shall we say. Mustn't offend!

Was gonna bump the thread with an updated casualty toll but figured people aren't terribly bothered by these events anyhow, as it's just Christians innit :cool:

!
I'm not sure that's true - I'm sure most of us see it as horrific and tragic; it really is, just a truism a lot of us are far removed, making the impact, not the tragedy itself, less impactful
Let's be blunt - we dont see any debates here about ongoing starvation and living conditions in Africa, ...we tend to pay more attention, rightly or wrongly, to events 'closer to home' or sensationalistic ones

Regardless, a terrible thing and hope we get to a better world (I'd say 'unified' but that's it's own debate innit)

I'm not sure that's true - I'm sure most of us see it as horrific and tragic; it really is, just a truism a lot of us are far removed, making the impact, not the tragedy itself, less impactful
Let's be blunt - we dont see any debates here about ongoing starvation and living conditions in Africa, ...we tend to pay more attention, rightly or wrongly, to events 'closer to home' or sensationalistic ones

Regardless, a terrible thing and hope we get to a better world (I'd say 'unified' but that's it's own debate innit)
Sorry man but that has to be the most deflective strawman riposte I've seen in a while!

This isn't about the ills and woes of Africa, it was specifically about a targetted attack/ slaughter of not just a subset of Christians, but Christianity itself on a symbolically- significant day, and the media's desperate attempts to protect the attackers' identities and motives for as long as is humanly possible, lest it negatively gets linked to Islam.

I haven't seen much sensationalism bar the footage of bodies being carried out and the media's attempt to whitewash. So if much attention is paid to this event then so it should, it's an atrocity. One the media, as mentioned, will happily sweep under the rug as quickly as possible once the body count has been tolled up no doubt.

The problem in discussing tragedies like these, is that many of us (if not all) try to make sense of it by seeking causalities, reasons or justifications.

Religion is an easy one to blame. But religious criticism is mostly based on stereotypes, not facts. Radicalised people usually have a poor understanding even of their own religion. There are moderate and fanatic believers in every belief system.

And religions are particularly prone to being harnessed to political ideologies. Take a look at the increase in connection with religion and nationalism for example. European "values" have to be "protected" and this would be achieved by closing the borders and refusing to accept or aid anything "different". This road will not lead to paradise either. It's just adding fuel to the same fire.

To me the real ignorance is giving terrorism wider philosophical meaning than it deserves. These acts are always based on sick minds and their so called justification for their crimes is based on twisted beliefs.

But what gets me everytime, is the fact that when the criminal is a muslim it's always because of religion. And when the criminal is a white "christian" man like in Norway, NZ or Las Vegas, it's an isolated act of insanity. It's an easy out. And often serves political objectives more than actual fact based discussion.

Whose side is god on? It's an absurd question in itself. And no, this is not an attack against anyone or anyone's personal beliefs. It's my personal observation of the need of deities in contemporary societies in general.

Please don't take my post as a try to downplaying what happened in Sri Lanka. It should go without saying that these kinds of acts should not be tolerated at any level.

There was not much detailed info available, but some 7 hours ago The Telegraph published this:

"Who was behind the attacks?
Ruwan Wijewardena, Defence Minister, described the blasts as a terrorist attack by religious extremists, and police said 13 suspects were arrested, though there was no immediate claim of responsibility.

Documents seen by AFP show that Sri Lanka's police chief Pujuth Jayasundara issued an intelligence alert to top officers 10 days ago, warning that suicide bombers planned to hit "prominent churches".

"A foreign intelligence agency has reported that the NTJ (National Thowheeth Jama'ath) is planning to carry out suicide attacks targeting prominent churches as well as the Indian high commission in Colombo," the alert said.

The NTJ is a radical Muslim group in Sri Lanka that was linked last year to the vandalism of Buddhist statues.

Key intelligence on a possible terrorist attack was not passed onto the Sri Lankan government weeks before the attack.

Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe acknowledged late on Sunday that “information was there” about possible attacks, adding that “we must also look into why adequate precautions were not taken.”

I don't see any attempts by the media to hide the origin of the attackers. Surely more info will follow.

These are horrific and cowardly attacks. RIP all victims and condolences to their families and friends in these terrible times.

adequate precautions not taken when key intelligence was already obtained? i see they've been learning directly from the UK as to how to approach similar matters.

anyway, must get back to the news. im excited to see how many evil sitters they finally arrested in London, since there is no protest anywhere neaaaaarly important enough to be news worthy and gain constant updates on as that, anywhere else in the world!

RIP to the 200+ people murdered by these filthy pieces of s... :(

Sorry man but that has to be the most deflective strawman riposte I've seen in a while!

This isn't about the ills and woes of Africa, it was specifically about a targetted attack/ slaughter of not just a subset of Christians, but Christianity itself on a symbolically- significant day, and the media's desperate attempts to protect the attackers' identities and motives for as long as is humanly possible, lest it negatively gets linked to Islam.

I haven't seen much sensationalism bar the footage of bodies being carried out and the media's attempt to whitewash. So if much attention is paid to this event then so it should, it's an atrocity. One the media, as mentioned, will happily sweep under the rug as quickly as possible once the body count has been tolled up no doubt.
if all you got my from my post was that I was trying to deflect or address Africa, you missed my point
My point was its human nature to care more about events theyre particulary invested in, ie in their neighbourhoods because you said 'figured people aren't terribly bothered by these events anyhow, as it's just Christians innit' - I wasnt even addressing religion. I was addressing your point.

This is why I rarely post on these

They blacked out all social media, in order that no "fake" news was spread. It will remain that way until the investigation is done. I cant blame Muslim's for this, even though it could of very well have been them. I will say this though. Israel scares the crap out of me, and I don't scare easy. What evil does, is wait until the weakest moment to pounce, and that is what has happened. It was horrific because it was on Easter? I'm a Christian, and I find that it should be horrific any day of the year.

If I don't respond in posts like this is because I am socked from the events.
I believe nobody claimed responsibility yet and the authorities didn't say much.

Religion shouldn't divide us. It isn't the problem. They don't believe, not really. It is just an excuse to kill.
Such attacks should bring all together against terrorism, murder and violence.

If anyone wants to understand the core of every religion, I recommend the "Life of Pi".

If I don't respond in posts like this is because I am socked from the events.
I believe nobody claimed responsibility yet and the authorities didn't say much.

Religion shouldn't divide us. It isn't the problem. They don't believe, not really. It is just an excuse to kill.
Such attacks should bring all together against terrorism, murder and violence.

If anyone wants to understand the core of every religion, I recommend the "Life of Pi".
I did the Life Of PI for my English Thesis. One of the most complicated, written books, that I had to keep going back and re reading. Once I had sufficiently re read it, it all made sense in such a simplistic way. It took me almost 3 months to write that! :( Amazing book.

I hate how ideological and polarised everyone in the world has seemingly become. The whole “Y might be bad but what about what happened to X” whataboutism movement does nothing to help people who lost and continue to lose their lives. Tit for tat killings where one sides live always appear to be worth more than another. No one can have rational discussion and everyone lives in their happy little echo chamber, cherry picking what version of events suits their world view, no matter your political alignment.

No one is able to cross party lines to have rational discussion, to try and solve issues. For example, the whole Global Warming debate for renewable resources and clean energy. Even if you do not think the world climate is being changed by our own hands, merely a ploy from the GlObAlisT ELiTe; how could you argue against perhaps using energy sources that have less impact on our planet? Your laptop will still turn on, and you still will be able to deposit money to spin reels with, the energy is just energy.

TLDR; rest in peace to everyone who has lost their lives due to the inability for humanity to find common ground.

I won’t be making any further comments in this thread, these types of discourse seem to always dissolve into finger pointing and “but they started it”.

or the financer. my bets are on mo$$ad. masters at creating civil unrest, funding mercenaries and terrorist organizations since 1948. paid in $$$. fanaticism goes handy with islam, by the look of it doesnt take much effort to turn the weakest fruit into a lethal gun striking ideology/religion for the promise of getting unlimited supply of underage virgins in the paradise. the masters of deception knows this fact so they provide the logistics, training and targets - christians and muslims. in case you wonder, beside a beheading of a westerner here and there, the primary target of isis were muslims, they were never been the brotherhood presented by the media but a tool for political games, further border extention into Syria of the oy vey and the wave that hit Europe.the creators of the isis organization are no newbies, this is why it lasted this much, it only takes Iran to pull a trigger to diminish those attacks at 1-2 victims by a lone wolf with a knife.

Well the religion of peace has been confirmed involved, those fine spinsters at ISIS.
So we now know this was done in the name of the flying donkey man, and was indeed for their ‘god’
So in the name of ISLAM, do we have the media rushing to ask why?. Has sadiq Khan and Jeremy Corbyn popped up To condemn such acts and ask why Islam is so hateful and why ‘Easter worshippers’ well Christians like myself where persecuted and murdered with their kids?..
nope...
let’s all ignore ISLAM...
And the merry go round carries on...
Utterly shameful.

The problem in discussing tragedies like these, is that many of us (if not all) try to make sense of it by seeking causalities, reasons or justifications.

But what gets me everytime, is the fact that when the criminal is a muslim it's always because of religion. And when the criminal is a white "christian" man like in Norway, NZ or Las Vegas, it's an isolated act of insanity. It's an easy out. And often serves political objectives more than actual fact based discussion.

Please don't take my post as a try to downplaying what happened in Sri Lanka. It should go without saying that these kinds of acts should not be tolerated at any level.

Because it's convenient to propose insanity pleas when in the first two of those examples the attackers knew exactly what they were doing, and why. 'Insanity' is a convenient get-out for both the defendant and the prosecutors who are shit-scared of them putting up a cogent and convincing argument as to their motives, in court, and getting publicity. You must be 'insane' to object to multiculturalism and islam, yes? At least they'll both rot in jail forever, either way.

To those not versed in the British media, and believe that Islam - in all its forms- is not protected hand over fist, here's a small example of their output

See if you can spot the difference

View attachment 107915
I’ve read the satanic versus (quran) it’s a main reason for my stance regarding Islam and all it stands for.
The British media are sickening and clearly biased in favour of Islam.
Clearly it has to be politically based, otherwise no way on earth would anyone condone or tolerate such a bucket of shit.
Not even worthy of being called heathens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back