SR-71 Blackbird boy's toy ?

felicie

Dormant account
HOW'S THIS FOR AN EXPENSIVE“BOYS TOY”?
Model-Jet Airplane
This is one absolutely amazing remote controlled [RC] model airplane. Not only did they build its jet engines, but included a retractable landing gear, and built it into a fully scaled model of the SR-71 "Blackbird" that flies just like the real McCoy. This SR-71 model was built by an Engineer / RC enthusiast in Germany, and is certainly one awesome toy.

Click here to watch and listen to it soar. And the landing is Amazing, too

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

That was pretty bad ass :eek: !!!!

That's a remarkable achievement. If memory serves me correctly the SR71, although now retired from the USAF, remains one of the fastest and highest flying aircraft ever built.

I love the noise, the real ones gives me goose bumps. Something loud like that flies over our house about once a month. Probably from Edwards. I remember several years ago maybe in the late nineties, I was outside talking to a neighbor and it was almost dark and I as usual am always looking at the sky (yes I trip a lot) :rolleyes: anyway something flew over slow enough that looked like one of those jets but there was no sound. That was weird.

Me, too - whether it's the roar of a WW2 Rolls Royce Merlin engine or the thunder of modern jets vibrating your chest.

Whilst at a conference in Barcelona once I had a grandstand view of an airshow being held along the shoreline.

It included low kevel passes by various modern jets including the Eurofighter in which the aircraft would scorch along parallel to the beach (but out to sea) and then go into a vertical climb with afterburners on - some of them looked like space rockets, so fast was their climb rate....and the thunder of the jets was incredible.

Across the bay from my home/office we had an outfit called Thundercity, which had a flying collection of vintage Cold War jets, in which they gave airshows and joyrides to the occasional well-heeled customer.

We would often hear and see them blasting across the bay on their way out or coming back. Awesome.