some australian wildlife from my travels

pinkfloyd

Dormant Account
after mommymachine posted the horny toad i dug out my bearded dragon pic and went through my collection so heres some stuff from my fishing travels for anyone that hasnt been to aus hope you enjoy
some cicadas raiding my tent ,an echidna taking his daily walk , a gang gang cockatoo , a red bellied black snake and a shy wombat ;-)

cics.jpg
DSC01615.jpg
DSC01680.jpg
DSC02425.jpg
P8110021.jpg

and heres some sulphur crested cockatoos , kookaburras ,kangaroos , lorikeets galahs and rosellas coming for their daily feeds , enjoy )

Attachments

• 100_0348.jpg
    100_0348.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC04334.jpg
    DSC04334.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC04806.jpg
    DSC04806.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC05078.jpg
    DSC05078.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC05087.jpg
    DSC05087.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 58
CICADAS! ((((((shivers))))):eek:

I remember the first time my sister had to travel to AUS for business (built Borders Books), she was given a list of dos' and dont's and many details related to the unique wildlife on land and sea. She managed to avoid any dangers there but did get hit by a jeep on an excursion.Very minor injury so we can laugh about it now.:D

The birds (pics) are beautiful!

CICADAS! ((((((shivers))))):eek:

I remember the first time my sister had to travel to AUS for business (built Borders Books), she was given a list of dos' and dont's and many details related to the unique wildlife on land and sea. She managed to avoid any dangers there but did get hit by a jeep on an excursion.Very minor injury so we can laugh about it now.:D

The birds (pics) are beautiful!

lol doh ! too busy watching out for creepy crawly stingy things to see the jeep glad she was ok )
ill dig out some of my spider shots for you lol and thanks yer the birds are great to sit outside and watch , beats tv , tho the cockys are noisy buggers lol

LOL In MO there was an ice cream shop who made Cicada flavored ice cream:what:.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Lovely pictures, here is a picture of the sidewinder we found out here, one of Arizona's deadliest creatures.

sidewinder.jpg

We let him go because I just couldn't handle it....

Also, there are huge scorpions here, there was one under my bed a few months back and a tarantula the size of my hand on the door knob outside. I guess they figure since I have a gabillion kids, I wouldn't notice one more.

LOL In MO there was an ice cream shop who made Cicada flavored ice cream:what:.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Lovely pictures, here is a picture of the sidewinder we found out here, one of Arizona's deadliest creatures.

View attachment 28674

We let him go because I just couldn't handle it....

Also, there are huge scorpions here, there was one under my bed a few months back and a tarantula the size of my hand on the door knob outside. I guess they figure since I have a gabillion kids, I wouldn't notice one more.

lmao @ spider pretending to be offspring ) dunno if i could handle cicada icecream , unless they where rum and raisin cicadas )
cool snake , glad ya let him go )

I remember when I was in AZ one summer when the cicadas were out, a bunch of us were outside for a smoke break and someone noticed that with the cicadas buzzing, it sounded like we were all lisping. Well of course once they pointed it out, we were really conscious of it and were trying to speak without using any S's - didn't work and we ended up all laughing like loons. :p

Anyhow, some cool critters in OZ, thanks for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back