@##%@& snow!!!!

Hmm, seems you boys have a real winter! I only saw two snowflakes since X-mas...literally, and they were what we call "wet snow" over here :rolleyes: so a very poor attempt from nature so far.
Guess that's what you get with H.A.A.R.P at your doorstep, and climate shifting in general:p

Just the standard rain, rain and more rain here in the UK, floods, and storm after storm. I have now stopped watching the weather forecast as it seems like they are just repeats.

I just take a waterproof (sort of) jacket, wear waders 24/7 and carry an inflatable boat everywhere in my backpack, just in case.

Phew!

Some glacial action on the hood...

glacialaction.jpg

And Victoria has been freed from her icy shackles!

free2.jpg

I did my part, now if the township gets cracking on the roads I can get rollin' again.

I'm 'ticket proof' also with my Ford van with commercial plates. The cops know me when I deliver and park in the 'Fire lane' , so I am cool with them,too.:)
I can make a delivery and shop at the same time. :cool:

I never get cut off and never tail gated! The police never give it a second look, it's virtually ticket-proof.

Best car I ever had.

I've heard some owners complaining about slowing the traffic in front of them. Did you experience this? Ex-police cars are selling for fairly cheap around here and I flirted with the idea of buying one a while ago. The upside is they have many upgraded parts but the downside is you don't really know how beaten it is.

I never get cut off and never tail gated! The police never give it a second look, it's virtually ticket-proof.

Best car I ever had.

Hubby drove white or gray Crown Vics or Grand Marquis for the 30 years we were married -- wouldn't have anything else. Never stopped or ticketed. LOL Great gas mileage, too. For a 300 mile trip, we'd see 27/28 mpg. And that's an 8 cyl automatic, folks. I have to say, though, the 2010 Marquis we had was not as nice inside, or nearly as quiet as previous years cars. They lost some of the quality somewhere down the road. Seats went from a sort of comfy big bucket seat to split bench front seats in the 2010 and were not nearly as comfortable.

They've stopped making them except as fleet cars now. Said there was no demand?? Maybe there was no demand because people like us bought them and drove them for 10 years before trading them in or parking them. LOL 100,000 miles on a well maintained Vic or Marquis is nothing....

I've heard some owners complaining about slowing the traffic in front of them. Did you experience this? Ex-police cars are selling for fairly cheap around here and I flirted with the idea of buying one a while ago. The upside is they have many upgraded parts but the downside is you don't really know how beaten it is.

I do notice if I go cruising up the fast lane at say 70 -75 the cars in front definitely slow down and move over pretty quick!

Mine is not set up for police, I have the smaller 4.7L V8. 2011 was the last year they made the Vics for the US market, they sold some in 2012 but they were built in 2011, in Ontario, Canada, I believe. The good thing about used fleet cars is you can be pretty sure they were maintained regularly, oil changes, lube, fluids.

Mine is 2011, bought it at the local Ford dealer. It had 33,000 miles and I paid $16,000. I probably paid a little too much but it is in perfect condition, still under bumper to bumper warranty, and fun to drive.

The reason they stopped making them has to do with Ford not wanting to implement electronic stability control for this line. The US government mandated ESC on all cars made for sale here after 2011.

We've has so much snow and nasty freezing below freezing or even lower so long, I am beginning to wonder if it will ever end.

I had to laugh, yesterday morning, on the news, a reporter down in the "Carolinas" was saying people were complaining about cabin fever setting in.

Ha! They have NO IDEA what cabin fever is like.

In the mean time........... we could get another 6 inches of that crap today!

Here is some pictures from Ireland.
We are being hit by storm after storm coming in from the Atlantic.
Last few weeks we have had severe weather including storms with windspeeds up to 160 km/h and severe flooding in many parts of the country.
And this weekend it seems we are gonna hit by another storm.
The weather above the Atlantic Ocean is acting like crazy lately.

158E9E250775DF4E5C97260ABD383_h416_w442_m2_q80_cVxxYyKRP.jpg2007_08050027.jpg1231738223219_1.jpgFlood-Douglas-Overview-1024x679.jpgFloodMidletonJune6_large.jpg

Those are some pictures, lotusch!

I never see flooding around these parts, maybe a few lower lying areas.

Seeing these, I have to wonder which is worse, snow and extreme cold or floods.

At least the snow has stopped around here for today, I think. The weather man says it should be in the 50's Wednesday and Thursday!

Boy do I hope he is correct!

Here is some pictures from Ireland.
We are being hit by storm after storm coming in from the Atlantic.
Last few weeks we have had severe weather including storms with windspeeds up to 160 km/h and severe flooding in many parts of the country.
And this weekend it seems we are gonna hit by another storm.
The weather above the Atlantic Ocean is acting like crazy lately.

Oh, we get water too, I work out of a big garage at the end of a dead end street along the infamous Passaic River. This was our shop in Sept 2011.

abcs.jpg

Best car I ever had.

I wish I was ticket proof. I've had two tickets in the last year for parking in my own paid parking spot.

As for being snowed in, I think we have a new plow driver this year. He's plowed 3 feet of snow up to the back of my car 3 times this winter. The last time he was unlucky enough to still be in the parking lot when I left for work. Then he spent 15 minutes digging my car out with a shovel while I stood behind him giving him shit the entire time.

He actually started out by telling me it was hard to find a place to put so much snow. I said "Do I look like I give a shit how hard your job is? If the task is too difficult I'm sure property management can find another company who are better able to accommodate our needs. Your sole purpose is to move the snow out of our way so we are able to move our cars in and out of our parking spots. Putting more snow behind my car is obviously defeating the entire purpose of you being here. Maybe you'd prefer if I waited for the office to open up so I can tell property management we're actually better off if you don't show up at all."

I basically ragged him out the entire time he was digging. I'm not much of a morning person.

The area around my car has been nice and clean ever since though. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back