Your Input Please Sky Vegas - DNS Error?

RichyJ75

Has been a very naughty boy ...
PABnonaccred
Can't believe it, was halfway through a very productive bonus on Eskimo Dough at Sky Vegas, then get booted out with following error:

Service Unavailable - DNS failure​

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #11.b4330760.1626969079.2da9bc46

I really hope it has saved the game and bonus round resumes!!

See Related Threads:

Last edited by a moderator:
oooops, title should read DNS error, not DNA !!!
Amended! I thought for a mo it was a SoW issue and they had rejected your DNA sample.

Still not working. Strangely enough, the Barclays online banking website has gone down as well.

You mean the internet invented by an Englishman?
Google says Bob Kahn & Vint Cerf invented the internet.
Americans both of them.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Edit: An Englishman is credited together with a Belgian fellow for inventing World wide web.

78.jpg

Last edited:
Americans both of them.

They would.

Kind of like when Hollywood told the world they captured the Nazi Enigma machine from a U-Boat & decoded it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , well this paragraph explains it better:

It's spring 1942, and an American submarine is making its way through the Atlantic. The target: a stricken German U-boat. Posing as a German supply crew, the American sailors plan to board the U-571 and steal its Enigma. Just a few problems here. First, the real submarine U-571 was never captured, though it was sunk by an Australian plane off Ireland in 1944. Second, by 1942, allied intelligence already had several Enigma machines. The first capture took place in February 1940, when the U-33 was taken by HMS Gleaner off the coast of Scotland. Three Enigma rotors were found, according to some sources, in a German sailor's trousers. Third, as eagle-eyed readers may already have noticed, the Enigma had actually been deciphered almost a year before this film is set – and seven months before the US entered the second world war.

Actually I did make a common error there, overlaying two different things when in fact the web we use was indeed credited to TBL as opposed to internet which is a very different term that simply means connecting two or more remote computers by wire and fixed protocol, something which was actually done (albeit not in two separate locations) as far back as 1943 with the Colossus at Bletchley.

This what I was referring to, from the same article: The online world then took on a more recognizable form in 1990, when computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web.

Kind of like Stanford University having to red-face a bit when claiming credit for public key cryptography which it transpired was invented years before at GCHQ but kept quiet.

I guess you Swedes also suffer from this kind of bullshit, one example is the refusal of much of the US to acknowledge Leif Eriksson as the first European to discover the new world. I have some sympathy though, imagine the hassle the Americans would have renaming all the Columbus entities, like Columbus Eriksson University lol....

They would.

Kind of like when Hollywood told the world they captured the Nazi Enigma machine from a U-Boat & decoded it :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , well this paragraph explains it better:

It's spring 1942, and an American submarine is making its way through the Atlantic. The target: a stricken German U-boat. Posing as a German supply crew, the American sailors plan to board the U-571 and steal its Enigma. Just a few problems here. First, the real submarine U-571 was never captured, though it was sunk by an Australian plane off Ireland in 1944. Second, by 1942, allied intelligence already had several Enigma machines. The first capture took place in February 1940, when the U-33 was taken by HMS Gleaner off the coast of Scotland. Three Enigma rotors were found, according to some sources, in a German sailor's trousers. Third, as eagle-eyed readers may already have noticed, the Enigma had actually been deciphered almost a year before this film is set – and seven months before the US entered the second world war.

Actually I did make a common error there, overlaying two different things when in fact the web we use was indeed credited to TBL as opposed to internet which is a very different term that simply means connecting two or more remote computers by wire and fixed protocol, something which was actually done (albeit not in two separate locations) as far back as 1943 with the Colossus at Bletchley.

This what I was referring to, from the same article: The online world then took on a more recognizable form in 1990, when computer scientist Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web.

Kind of like Stanford University having to red-face a bit when claiming credit for public key cryptography which it transpired was invented years before at GCHQ but kept quiet.

I guess you Swedes also suffer from this kind of bullshit, one example is the refusal of much of the US to acknowledge Leif Eriksson as the first European to discover the new world. I have some sympathy though, imagine the hassle the Americans would have renaming all the Columbus entities, like Columbus Eriksson University lol....
You can keep a little internet, its only fair.

I had a problem with thunderkick games and website not working few days ago and it was my isp's dns which was the problem I switched over to a google dns (8.8.8.8) and it fixed it.

Americans both of them.

Edit: An Englishman is credited together with a Belgian fellow for inventing World wide web.

View attachment 156998
Tim Berners-Lee invented the internet as we know it in 1990 and he was a Brit. Without him, we would not have web pages and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back