Site facelift - Tuesday 17 August

My wife just told me there is too much blue :rolleyes:

I'll try and balance the buttons out with the gold.

Lol, yeah I think it's a woman thing....we need shit to match:D

BUT I do like the blue! I am assuming the golden BG is something that is permanent to the Meister site?

My wife just told me there is too much blue :rolleyes:
She is correct:).........The blue on blue imo........I agree with her/you on the button color change as the remedy.

EDIT:Suggestion, try the gold and the gray also on the buttons to see which looks better!

I think I'm having a seizure! :eek2: :eek:

It is nice, but the colors are to intense.

Edit: You know how when you go out and the sun is to bright, then you come in the house and can't see for awhile till your eyes adjust? Well that's what my eyes are doing now after looking at the changes, I went to get a cup of coffee and can't see!!!!!

So how 'bout dem buttons?

Grey or gold??

And I'll get on that black space as well. That's been bugging me too.

I'd suggest making the Gold page background a slight off-white or grey - I find it clashes a bit with the red and blue but definitely an improvement on the Brown and yellow scheme IMO.

I'd suggest making the Gold page background a slight off-white or grey - I find it clashes a bit with the red and blue but definitely an improvement on the Brown and yellow scheme IMO.
How's that? Or is this too boring?

Looking good!
I was going to suggest a silver for the BG.... is the wife making suggestions:thumbsup:?
As for the buttons, I would make them match the silver/grey also, now the gold just looks out of place.

Edit- Of course then the white lettering won't show as well....could you make it the same red as the headers? Do you want to smack us yet CM? Hehe

Sorry, but that grey just isn't me :D

Back to gold fer now.

BTW - I can set up other templates for users to choose from. If you feel you really need that grey to black background, I might be able to square you away.

So are going to put a little color on the white background under the threads? Needs a shade of something to set it apart from the posts. JMO :)

My eyes, my eyes!
That Blue is so intense it is burning out my retinas, any chance it could be a little more pastel?:D
I mean the colour itself is fine but not when I am trying to read.
Otherwise it is more cheery than the old colour scheme, good job.

I've always been drawn to the earth tones. Gold works fine for me especially fading to black. The red is fine because it's not really red. Bright red would have killed me.

It's the white. White is fine for a page you don't plan on looking at for long but it's far too bright to stare at for any amount of time. I foresee eyestrain and monitor headaches in the near future. :p

This is just my opinion. Any web page I've built I've always toned the white down a bit with a slightly beiger (beiger is not really a word) eggshell or something slightly darker than 255,255,255. Those three numbers together are worse than 666!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back