Site banned by Saudi Arabia

lots0

Banned User - troll posts - flaming
I find that after years and years of doing business on the web I can still be amazed.

One of my websites was just banned by the government of Saudi Arabia. When someone from Saudi Arabia tries to view my website they get a Saudi Government web page telling them that the site has been banned by the Saudi Government.

Believe it or not, anyone that lives in Saudi Arabia that tries to view my site is now subject to being thrown in prison and tortured by the government of Saudi Arabia.

What I find most amazing is that the site was not banned because it was a website about lotteries, the site was banned because it has a banner on the main page that says "Free Speech Online" and the site is a member of the Blue Ribbon Campaign for Free Speech Online.

At first I was kind pissed off that my site was banned, but after thinking about it I started to become a little proud that the rich and powerful country of Saudi Arabia was so afraid of what I said on my little website that they felt the need to ban it.

I decided to wear the banning like a Badge of Honor.

To be banned by one of the worlds most tyrannical and despotic countries because of my stand on Free Speech is something for this American to be proud of.

www.lots0cash.com

I find that after years and years of doing business on the web I can still be amazed.

One of my websites was just banned by the government of Saudi Arabia. When someone from Saudi Arabia tries to view my website they get a Saudi Government web page telling them that the site has been banned by the Saudi Government.

Believe it or not, anyone that lives in Saudi Arabia that tries to view my site is now subject to being thrown in prison and tortured by the government of Saudi Arabia.

What I find most amazing is that the site was not banned because it was a website about lotteries, the site was banned because it has a banner on the main page that says "Free Speech Online" and the site is a member of the Blue Ribbon Campaign for Free Speech Online.

At first I was kind pissed off that my site was banned, but after thinking about it I started to become a little proud that the rich and powerful country of Saudi Arabia was so afraid of what I said on my little website that they felt the need to ban it.

I decided to wear the banning like a Badge of Honor.

To be banned by one of the worlds most tyrannical and despotic countries because of my stand on Free Speech is something for this American to be proud of.

www.lots0cash.com
.........that sucks for the peeps in saudi arabia that cant view your site lots0 but i feel like you" wear that badge with pride":thumbsup:......................laurie

Some examples of blocked sites from SA:

Queer Muslims Home Page
URL: www.angelfire.com/ca2/queermuslims

Answering Islam, A Christian-Muslim Dialog and Apologetic
URL: www.answering-islam.org

asshole magazine
URL: www.asshole.org

BAYSWAN: Prostitution-Exotic Dancing-Adult Film - Providing Information about Sex Worker Rights and Issues
URL: www.bayswan.org

Boy OR Girl? - FAMILY MATTERS - Baby Gender Solutions
URL: www.boyorgirl.com

CANNABIS.COM - Cannabis, Marijuana, and Hemp Information
URL: www.cannabis.com

Anne Frank House
URL: www.channels.nl/amsterdam/annefran.html

Create-A-Fart
URL: www.createafart.com (lots0 - is that your site? :D)

Women In American History
URL: women.eb.com

God loves Gays
URL: www.godlovesgays.com

the farting contest
URL: farting.isAwesome.net

RollingStone.com
URL: www.rollingstone.com

One of the most disturbing bannings is the Anne Frank house. Is the SA government denying the Holocaust? You can get thrown in jail in Germany/Austria for this. I wonder what the official SA stance is on that.

But oops - we need their oil....

More here:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Very sad reading indeed. It mentioned the incident with the school girls burned to death because they were not allowed to leave their burning school of the missing veils. Amazing how their oil can make US (and the rest of the world) close their eyes. What is much striking is that this is one of the riches countries in the world, but still one of the poorest when it comes to humanity. So helping the poor countries with the similar religious regimes are actually wasted money.

Not to derail the thread, but the US are deliberately not trying to free them self for their oil thirst. The oil giants are very active lobbyists trying to stop projects researching alternative energy sources. Most physicist still believe in fusion-reactors yet US that has the money and skills, refuses funding the projects.

Very sad reading indeed. It mentioned the incident with the school girls burned to death because they were not allowed to leave their burning school of the missing veils. Amazing how their oil can make US (and the rest of the world) close their eyes. What is much striking is that this is one of the riches countries in the world, but still one of the poorest when it comes to humanity. So helping the poor countries with the similar religious regimes are actually wasted money.

Not to derail the thread, but the US are deliberately not trying to free them self for their oil thirst. The oil giants are very active lobbyists trying to stop projects researching alternative energy sources. Most physicist still believe in fusion-reactors yet US that has the money and skills, refuses funding the projects.
...................oil and money make for greed i dont care who you are or what religous back ground some one may come from it always comes down to the money imo. if it wasnt for all the money made from oil what would saudi arabia be now? nothing!!! im all for using our own resourses and alternative sourses, let saudi arabia dry up!!! laurie:)

The fundamental issue here isn't oil or money. It's religion. As an agnostic, I still find it hard to comprehend why humankind bases law on religious beliefs.

Isolation wont work. No matter how totalitarian a Government is, they will soon open up their economies and freedom of speech and other liberties will gradually seep in. We cant be too hasty otherwise it will have an adverse effect and the Government tightens its grip so as not to lose power. In Saudi Arabia's case, it might take longer as they are already very rich and few of its citizens would oppose their Government for some liberties when all their mateialistic needs are easily satisfied. I just hope that they will come to realise that progress on other fronts other than the economy is also important and that freedom of speech prevails. May need a couple of decades though.

The fundamental issue here isn't oil or money. It's religion. As an agnostic, I still find it hard to comprehend why humankind bases law on religious beliefs.
Fear of a differing opinion that may prove YOUR belief to be wrong. This tied in hand-in-hand with controlling the populace.

Burn her - she's a witch!

Hmmm I don't know if I like being associated with sites like create-a-fart.:oops:

The censorship of the Saudi government makes no sense at all and seems to be completly subjective.

There are thousands of sites about lotteries and gambling that the Saudi's have not banned. So why ban my little lottery site?

I believe it goes directly to the little button at the bottom of the main page... The one about Free Speech.

The one thing that terrifies all dictators and despots is Free Speech and the free exchange of ideas. Despots and Dictators can not survive where people are free to voice their opinion and exchange ideas.

.....i have to agree with you on the bolded line simmo. i consider myself a child of God or whom ever we call our almighty creator.i deplore the ways the saudis treat women all in the name of religion. a woman is the mother of the universe and should be treated with respect and honor and not stoned or allowed to burn because she doesnt have her head covered religion and politics are like oil and water they dont mix well. just my own personal thoughts...............laurie

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back