Secret of the Stones - NetEnt Game

Does anyone else have any more winning screenies from this Netent game? I expected to see more winning screenies from this game considering it's still relatively new. I've only seen one on this thread and two on the winners thread so far. Anyone else?

Odd, i thought i posted some but it seems i overwritten those screenies... and can't find them on my pc:(
Anyway, i have been playing this one quite a bit and really like it, i would say that my initial analysis of the bonus round was correct.

I have now gotten the best result with one wild reel, an extra wild and more spins and a x3 multi with 4 scatters... hoping to top that soon with 5 picks:)

I noticed that most rounds will pay anywhere from 50 to 100x bet, and the really good ones an easy 300x or more
My best result was 400x with the above selection.
I'll give it another go later and try to provide some screenies:>)

Odd, i thought i posted some but it seems i overwritten those screenies... and can't find them on my pc:(
Anyway, i have been playing this one quite a bit and really like it, i would say that my initial analysis of the bonus round was correct.

I have now gotten the best result with one wild reel, an extra wild and more spins and a x3 multi with 4 scatters... hoping to top that soon with 5 picks:)

I noticed that most rounds will pay anywhere from 50 to 100x bet, and the really good ones an easy 300x or more
My best result was 400x with the above selection.
I'll give it another go later and try to provide some screenies:>)

I'm really looking forward to seeing them :)

had several decent wins on it so far, think the best was 250x, no screenshots as ive been keeping a low profile for a few months, to reduce my gambling a touch :), not had the elusive 5 scatters yet, but had a few 4's and some interesting picks, best picks so far was reel 2+4 wild, owls wild and x2 multiplier, it can eat your bankroll if you dont hit the feature though like most slots :)

So i started with a balance of 77,- at Guts, and have been laying secret of the stones for 5 hours straight now, funnily enough i'm not getting bored:)

Had started at 0.50 and got a few features in the first hour , some 100x and the rest on average 20x bet,
Raised it to 1.25 as you see below then hit consecutive features, of 100x.

Unfortunately i didn't get 4 scatters yet, or better 5, but hey i am not complaining:)

This is my second really good session on it, and i did two moderate and one horrible too, it can eat really easy once in a bad mood.

But overall it tends to look like medium variance, with a hint of high variance hidden in the feature.
Summary is i like it a lot! :thumbsup:
Here are the best hits in this session:gutssecret160x.jpg
gutssecret140x.jpg
gutssecret,p.jpg
gutssecret100x3.jpg
gutssecret100x2.jpg

I also hit 5 wilds in regular spins, which doesn't pay much of course but is still pretty:)

Done a good amount of spins on it and i hate it, seems like it might do decent for a few spins then go dead and eat your whole balance in 5min with none wins over 2-3x, best feature been ~60x rest been 5-10x.

I think I can somewhat explain why people get the feeling that these low variance games just eat their bankrolls.

As I've mentioned previously, the line pays are a very low variance gamble, while the feature is a medium to medium/high variance gamble. This effectively makes the normal line pays a near pointless gamble - it's tough to win if you're just going up and down by single times your bet at a slot game.

So the normal line pays don't have much "gamble value," - yet you're still paying for them. I think the fraction of the player return dedicated to normal line pays in a game like this is between 55-75%, with the rest going to the feature. This means that you're paying just over a 3% house edge on what really amounts to only like 35% of your gamble - meaning there's an effective house edge of around 6-12% house edge on the "real" gamble. In other words, you're basically betting on a single number of a shiny roulette game with a 10% house edge. That's a game that can occasionally be won, but not an ideal one.

For an extreme example that illustrates the case, consider a game with a 1% true house edge, where a $1 bet will either return you back 90 cents of your wager or $100. Since the vast majority of the time you'd get back 90 cents, that means you're really only gambling with 10 cents, and playing the equivalent of a 10% house edge game.

The other factor that comes into play is that these frequent small pays make people feel like they're getting the payouts they're supposed to, but that the house edge is eating their bankroll. While that's true to an extent, it's not the entire picture. What's happening is that the player is breaking even at the low-variance, meaningless part of the game, but losing at the high variance, "meaningful" gamble provided by the feature. But since the player is still getting these constant pays, it's harder to tell the difference between an extortionate house edge and a lack of luck. It's the combination of these two, the high effective house edge, and the difficulty in perceiving the return from the high variance part, that make players feel the games are just eating up money.

Finally, since the game is perceived as low-variance, players are inclined to bet more to get the gamble they want, in which case the house edge really does eat their money faster, and makes it harder to hit the feature before going broke.

(As I've also mentioned before, playing fewer lines at a higher $/line can at least somewhat alleviate the problem.)

Its definitely all about the feature,this slot is brutal in the base game. 6xbet was my highest win in 200 spins. A huge win in the feature looks only achievable with 5 scatters and with the 5 "picks" getting the wild reel 2 and 4 the 2 extra wild symbols and adding a 2xmultiplier. The chances of doing all that are virtually none.

I would like it if a slot showed the average rtp of the base game and the average rtp of the feature.

Started with £100 earlier this-evening; made £300 profit on South Park (see that thread!).
Then I went to this game. Took over 100 spins to get my first lot of free-spins - but it was worth the wait! :thumbsup:
(3 Scatters, 10 spins, Extra wild, Wins x2, Reel 2 Wild; Last free-spin shown; total win = bet x152)

I'm beginning to think this is one of the better recent NetEnt offerings...

Attachments

• StonesX152_Nov13.JPG
    StonesX152_Nov13.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 259
Played it a bit more and had a similar session, not so long this time but a lot of playtime on the same slot, and left with a profit after this:
secret200+x.jpg

I also think this is one of the best releases lately, and i knew it since i saw the vid rainy posted:)

@ greiggsy: it is not necessary to get 5 scatters to win big, in fact, like KK above most of my bigger wins so far here have all been from 3 scatters, the two times i got 4 they paid less, because i had lousy picks :rolleyes:
And in the base game it's really very possible to get hits to help you, or even double up your starting balance in no time, the highest symbols pay 50x- ish and you can hit them on several lines, or mixed with wilds, i think i had a 100x multi-line already.

The 5 scatter ultimate pick will be 1000x hit i.m.o, but getting 100x and 200x is not too hard on 3 scatters, providing you have some lucky picks, and the reels help you out, it's all down to luck in the end, but the potential is present, and the theme and music, plus variety in Free Spins is an overall big thumbs up for me! :thumbsup:

I must just be on a rotten run then. The last time I played it I had a £100 balance, bet £1 a spin, lost it all and the highest win was £6 with no feature.

£100 gone in 0.25 spins and 1 bonus on Secret of the Stones that was after my 100 0.40 spins returned £5 on that shit chicken slot (12.5%)

I hereby through in the towel when it comes to netent slots, every time I play them I seem to land in that dead space of no wins and no bonuses.

I kind of like this slot allthough I think there are too many dead spins and the feature is sooo difficult to hit.
But isn't that the case with all (netent) slots...:p
But when hit it has the potential to pay very nicely.

I was thinking what would the best picks to hit on 3, 4 or 5 scatters:

My guess

Best 3 scatter picks: Wild reel 2, Wild reel 4, MultiplierX2
Best 4 scatter picks: Wild reel 2, Wild reel 4, MultiplierX2 + extra wild
Best 4 scatter picks: Wild reel 2, Wild reel 4, MultiplierX2 + extra wild + extra wild
OR Wild reel 2, Wild reel 4, MultiplierX2,+ extra wild + 10 spins
OR maybe some other Combo with more multipliers?

What do you think?

I hit the 4 scatters two times but had the best wins with 3 scatters.

Sounds about right with picks, had 4 scatters 2 times in 1sessions also both freespin+multiplier only and paid totally garbage was so pissed after 2nd time hitting them i was expecting atleast 100x.

Did get a nice 200x few days ago though but it eat most back really quickly just too many dead spins can really only hope on that 50x in normal spins dunno what 5wilds pays havent hit that so far.

I found this on you tube. The perfect picks on 3 scatters only, allready 1000X. Wonderful vid.
It makes you wonder what 5 perfect picks could return: 2000-3000 X BET?

Last edited by a moderator:
just too many ways to not pick the perfect pick and then end up with 10x-15x times in the feature :mad::mad:

just too many ways to not pick the perfect pick and then end up with 10x-15x times in the feature :mad::mad:

So true way too many features you end up with alot of freespins/multiplier and win nothing you need extra wilds to have a chance.

So true way too many features you end up with alot of freespins/multiplier and win nothing you need extra wilds to have a chance.

Also it can easily eat up 100€ at 0,50€ bets. Just lost about 175€ on this slot with only 3 free spin rounds and the last took 450 spins to get and paid 2.2 bet (15 spins 3multiplier). The slot is extremely streaky and most of the time you are looking at dead spins and two scatters that pay zilch.

Also it can easily eat up 100€ at 0,50€ bets. Just lost about 175€ on this slot with only 3 free spin rounds and the last took 450 spins to get and paid 2.2 bet (15 spins 3multiplier). The slot is extremely streaky and most of the time you are looking at dead spins and two scatters that pay zilch.

basically to me it looks (and plays) like a high variance slots that pays less than most low variance slots. if that makes any sense, lol

what i mean is it has so many dead spins (aka high variance slots) and when it finally hits, it usually pays less than most low variance slots do.

basically to me it looks (and plays) like a high variance slots that pays less than most low variance slots. if that makes any sense, lol

what i mean is it has so many dead spins (aka high variance slots) and when it finally hits, it usually pays less than most low variance slots do.

Exactely what I was thinking but if that were the case how does it reach it's RTP ??

Was just stupid enough to have a go at it again and it was actually its a good mood today, 7 features or so 3paid over 100x so ended up withdrawing 900 from a 200 deposit, got my 3rd 4scatter and was crap like the other 2times those picks make a huge difference on the feature if you dont get a multiplier/wild you just dont win anything pretty much.

Exactely what I was thinking but if that were the case how does it reach it's RTP ??

same like many other high variance slots, except that big wins are apparently rare thing on this one so there are more wins in a range of x30-x60, something thats normal at medium variance slots (and sadly, most of the time those wins are not good enough to make us play this slot).

Lets compare it to, lets say DOA. Doa could eat lots and lots of money but we all know whats that slot capable of. This one is also capable of eating tons of money, with endless dead spins (way more than doa in my experience) and crappy pays once u finally hit something. Sure like just about any other slot ever released, you can actually win money on it. I just dont feel its worth chasing those wins on this slot, when there are many better slots out there.

say 50 people lose 100 playing this one. Now, some other slots would pay 5k to 51st lucky person (aka DOA) but this one would pay 5x 1k to some 'relatively' lucky people.

sure some people might get lucky and win 3x in a row, but then again u could win 3x 1,500 bet playing doa (with could being the keyword) so i really see no reason why anyone would play this slot? I mean even if its just netent games ur after, if u want high variance there gonzo, jack, and many more.

I also dont like its free games system, where u gotta chouse out of like 834848 stones and there are basically just 3 stones u are after.

tldr:

I think ts just a bad slot design alltogether, but many bad slots managed to survive because of their bonus features - and the thing with this one, is it also comes with god awful bonus feature too. Basically, it has everything one crappy slot should have. I suppose thats why i dont like it :p

well, I'm guessing it works like most slots..it doesn't matter what you pick - the results are pre-determined anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back