Screen Shots

Bruno712

Banned User
Could someone please tell me how to get a screen shot. I hit a Royal today and the first thing they asked me was if I had a screen shot of the hand. I explained to them that I didn't know how to do that, but I did make a copy of my player log. Hopefully all will be okay.

An easy way is to press Print screen on your keybord and then go to Paint-->edit-->paste.From there with the select tool you can highlight the area you want to save as picture.I hope this helps

Last edited:
Vp

Bruno712 said:
Could someone please tell me how to get a screen shot. I hit a Royal today and the first thing they asked me was if I had a screen shot of the hand. I explained to them that I didn't know how to do that, but I did make a copy of my player log. Hopefully all will be okay.

I saw your post on WON. Congrats. use the print screen button, on the top right. paste it in a paint program, then save.

You see a familar name in the pic? awesome!

Last edited:
gfkostas said:
An easy way is to press Print screen on your keybord and then go to Paint-->edit-->paste.From there with the select tool you can highlight the area you want to save as picture.I hope this helps

Hi...AFTER I save the screen shot I would like to change it from a .bmp to a .jpeg.
How do I do that.
I have tried over and over....I can't get it to work.
Also, I use Windows Millinieum. Do I need XP to do this? :confused:

Its real easy, in paint, just click File - Save As and in the box that pops up, underneath the file name, change it from .bmp to .jpg

jpm said:
Its real easy, in paint, just click File - Save As and in the box that pops up, underneath the file name, change it from .bmp to .jpg

When I go to "SAVE AS" the drop down screen only shows .bmp or .dib
I don't know why, but thats it. :what:

It will show that by default, but if you click the arrow in the right side of that box, it should drop down about 1/2 dozen or more choices. Make sure you are using MS Paint.

If that doesn't work, try opening Imaging, which should be in Start - Programs - Accessories. And in that click open, find your .bmp file and open it, then do the File - Save As and choose .jpg

jpm said:
If that doesn't work, try opening Imaging, which should be in Start - Programs - Accessories. And in that click open, find your .bmp file and open it, then do the File - Save As and choose .jpg

Imaging WORKED.... :notworthy :notworthy
Your help is appreciated.
Thank You

Thanks All for the help!

I was hitting print screen but did not realize that the copy was 'understood'. I thought I would get a prompt to actually print to my printer. Thanks all so very musch for your assistance. :notworthy

Bruno712 said:
I was hitting print screen but did not realize that the copy was 'understood'. I thought I would get a prompt to actually print to my printer. Thanks all so very musch for your assistance. :notworthy

Please tell me how you get into "paint"?

Thanks! :)

I am frustrated!! When I open paint and go to file my paste is 'greyed' out. I cannot select it so now what do I do?? :(

do you have something copied to your clipboard that is a picture? That's the only thing you can paste into paint. Try hitting the printscreen button then go into paint and try pasting.

sorry to act so stupid but I am not a computer expert. Do I first hit contol then print screen then go to paint? That is what I have been doing. Then I go to edit and that is where I see that I cannot click on the paste. I have done it before so I know at least one time I did it right, but now I cannot do it. So I don't know how to answer your question.

oh my gosh!!! I went back and only hit screen print without hitting control and it worked!!! :D I am so excited. Thank you sooooo much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back