Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
Christmas 'Pre-NUP' is a super idea!

Ok, after watching the Martyn Lewis money show this week on ITV I saw his great Christmas idea!

You know that people (usually females it must be said!) indulge in this 'tit-for-tat' present buying which means person A spends £20 buying you person B some unwanted tat and you respond in kind and then you both feel like a tit afterwards.

So the idea is you simply give a present in the form of a card to each other before Christmas and the 'present' is actually the freedom from obligation to buy me a gift! This can be artfully put in a short line about thanks for your friendship during this year or some short poem blah blah.

So effectively a Christmas 'pre-NUP' card - No Useless Presents or in my house a 'pre-NFUP!'

Now the partner I have she buys about 30-40 sodding presents each year, her friends, family, friends' kids, everyone bar the local pothole-filler. I worked out this unnecessary expenditure and hassle years ago so have no friends and restrict my present buying to immediate family.

It may harm the Chinese economy a bit with lack of imports here of this useless tat mountain most of which ends up in landfill or recycling or the loft, but imagine the personal benefits in savings as well as the ecological ones saving on all that wrapping paper and plastic shit!

Naturally this isn't directed to parents/kids or partners although if I could get away with the latter I would.

So have a good efficient Christmas and give your friends and distant relatives a preNUP!

Last edited:
So the idea is you simply give a present in the form of a card to each other before Christmas and the 'present' is actually the freedom from obligation to buy me a gift! This can be artfully put in a short line about thanks for your friendship during this year or some short poem blah blah.

Was this what you were going to use my picture for? You can't call my picture a pre-NUP:eek:

We have a dedicated wardrobe in our guestroom full of unwanted / unneeded presents.
From both my wife and myself and kids also.
Could nearly do a garage sale from all the stuff we have stocked up in there. :)

Was this what you were going to use my picture for? You can't call my picture a pre-NUP:eek:
LOL...no that will be used eventually in a real card.:thumbsup:

My partner's getting the usual orange in a sock

AND my solemn promise that I'll listen to her talk for 10 minutes straight on any given subject :thumbsup:

I didn't take you to be that profligate with your money TBH.

I assume this year's sock is a match for last year's, or are you starting a 'new' pair this year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back