Rape...…seed oil.

ed skull murphy

Trollish behavior - quit the forum
…seed oil.

cL_Rapeseed-650x365.jpg

Terrible stuff!

My advice, avoid!

This noxious substance is being pushed like it’s the holy grail of cooking; popular TV chefs and celebrity cooks are finding themselves obliged to include plenty of rapeseed oil in their recipe books, otherwise the corporate printing houses will not publish them. If they comply however, it’s maximum publicity and the bestseller scenario.

In it’s natural state, rapeseed oil is immediately deadly to the human, but with a bit of genetic manipulation, it is palatable but far from healthy. This genetic mutation was, I believe, a Canadian invention, hence it’s trade name of ‘Canola’ in the Americas.

Personally, I go with traditional, when it comes to cooking fats; butter, animal fat (lard), veggies can go with coconut or avocado oil, commercial enterprises can go with palm oil, for economy.

Extra virgin olive oil is OK raw, but it does not handle the high temeperatrures so well.

Any other vegetable oil is not suitable for cooking at high temperatures, and often times, the production methods employed in their manufacture make their claims of being health giving rather spurious, to say the least. :)

I forgot to add that rapeseed oil is perfectly good for lubricating the chain on your chainsaw, as long as you don't breathe too close to the cutting blade.

I buy big jugs of the cheap stuff from Tesco for that purpose, it is better for the environment than mineral oil, and it costs pennies per litre. :)

il_570xN.756583298_fch0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back