quick tender

pokerdan

Meister Member
PABaccred
account is currently view only?? Trying to use my quicktender account and it states my account is currently view only? i contacted support and they wont tell me why. this happens like once a month and I have to wait 5 days to use my account. can anyone tell me why this happens???

ok they fixed it for me. Apparently you can not access your account from a cell phone or they will suspend your account, because they think it's suspicious activity. Guess I need to be more careful and make sure I only use their services from my home PC. Good information for other people who use quicktender. :)

This sort of thing drives me nuts. With the mobile age, and the purported 'convenience' of having access to so many different accounts via the web... If you access from something other than the computer and ISP you signed up with, they lock you out!

This happened with no less than two bank accounts while I was out of town for 2 or 3 months last summer. I wasn't home, so wasn't receiving my paper statements (and how many times have they asked me to go 'paperless'??) and needed to balance my checkbook and pay a couple of bills that would be past due if I didn't pay electronically.

So, there I was, in a hospital room with hubby puking his guts out, laptop open to the bank's page, I desperately needed to pay a couple of bills, and they won't take my password. ''for my protection' I was locked out.

Oh... and I didn't have our local branch phone numbers with me (who know me and knew we were out of town). Soooo... had to call the main customer service of one of them.... how do they know i'm who i say i am??? silliness began. The other account, I reset the password on the web (as per instructions from CS), but then it wouldn't let me set a NEW password.

The entire situation was a ROYAL PITA, and online banking wasn't the least bit 'convenient'.

sorry ... /rant

I'd be very careful using your phone to make any transactions..

There is a reason why they suspend accounts for cell phone activity.

I'd be very careful using your phone to make any transactions..

There is a reason why they suspend accounts for cell phone activity.

Why the SECRECY though, they are not TELLING customers to avoid using cell phones, yet they even ADVERTISE the fact that online banking is suitable for people BECAUSE it can be "accessed remotely wherever you are".

This is only going to put people off from using these online facilities, and it's not like many people even NEED scaring away from this technology, because they ALREADY don't trust "the internet" because of all the other "scare stories".

My bank has introduced a version SPECIFICALLY for cell phones, called "Mobile banking", and are ENCOURAGING customers to move up from banking from the home PC, to having TRUE 24/7 access through their phones.

Maybe people who actually USE it ARE finding they keep having "problems" like this, and end up going back to "old fashioned" banking.

I had the same problem when using Opera on my windows mobile smartphone. opera 10 and opera mini 5.1 uses a proxy based in europe and different US states. They emailed me asking about the different ip addresses and they unlocked my account right away after I told them I logged in with my smartphone. Well its good to know quicktender has these security filters setup anyways.

VW - There is no secrecy. The hackers are having a field day with mobiles.

If your in the US, most Banks won't cover fraud/theft losses to your account, if you were using a mobile to make transactions, ask your Bank about it.

Personally I am thankful that QT are this careful with my money...

VW - There is no secrecy. The hackers are having a field day with mobiles.

If your in the US, most Banks won't cover fraud/theft losses to your account, if you were using a mobile to make transactions, ask your Bank about it.

Personally I am thankful that QT are this careful with my money...

Well, why not SAY SO to players who are using their mobiles. TELL THEM of these dangers, and that they should AVOID using mobile devices to access their accounts.

Something must be wrong. Did you have a return on a deposit?

I have never seen a "view only" and if you have no clue as to reason I would email them and ask what is going on.

Have you had a "return/chargeback"? that is the only reason I can see for them doing this.

can you provide more details please?

I have used them since it was first ECO CARD and then Quicktender and never had an issue with them at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back