Prima question

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Anyone know a reason why, or at least the logic in it, that they took off the raked hands requirement for the night/early morning $1k freerolls and let the donkeys in?

This *used* to be a nice incintive for frequent players, as the field was usually under 600, and limited to 1000 players. Now it's the same format as the afternoon freeroll, limited to 15k players, anyone can enter...so now it's usually a 3k+ field, and 260 places are paid compared to the usual 80.

Also, could someone please tell me if there is indeed a problem with loading the flash slots via prima's client, or if it's just me. It loads, but it stays at 'updating credit balance' or whatever...never brings up the screen that allows you to bring $ to the game. I know for a fact that VP, 3card poker, and BJ work fine...seems that slots is the only thing affected.

Would love to know if this is a MG error or the site I'm playing at, so I can take more evidence to the site in question so they get on the ball in trying to fix this if it's an issue on their end.

Had same prob but..

Once I played some rounds at VP I went back and the other games loaded. HO HO HO was the only one that gave me probs, but eventually it did load properly.

I didn't know they had removed the raked hand requirement, but I'd assume it'd be because:

a. the field was already so big it played like a no requirement freeroll anyway
b. 3x$1000 no requirement freerolls a day is something they can get a lot of new players in with advertising

Just a thought though.

Are you sure its no requirement though? Because it seems like it'd be getting in way more than 3k players, the middle-day no requirement one gets in almost the full 15k......

guesswest said:
a. the field was already so big it played like a no requirement freeroll anyway
b. 3x$1000 no requirement freerolls a day is something they can get a lot of new players in with advertising

Just a thought though.

Are you sure its no requirement though? Because it seems like it'd be getting in way more than 3k players, the middle-day no requirement one gets in almost the full 15k......

a) They never reached over 12,xxx during the afternoon that I've seen...still leaves room for ~3,000 more..

b) They're already getting those 12,xxx people, and I'm sure the 2-3,000 that enter the other tourneys are probably 98% of the same ones...

And yes, it's no requirements, check the shots :) Not sure if you're familiar with prima, but it would say 100 raked hands req. before. This was for the ~midnight tourney. The one right before it had less than 4k players.

I'm not too familiar with prima nowadays no, it was my poker 'home' for about 2 years but I fired them about 8-10 months ago and haven't been back.

It's just I remember the capacity on the no requirement freeroll used to be 10k, and they upped it to 15k because it was filling up everyday. I remember it well because 10k was their max capacity on all tournaments then - and the software upgrade to start accomodating 15k resulted in a nightmarish balls up whereby all tournaments were pausing between every hand with 'hand is being saved' message for a week. Which is when I fired them. You say 12k is the capacity now, so I'm thinking maybe they scaled it back as part of the fix for that.

Hence me being surprised that a no requirement freeroll would only get 3k in. Maybe it's at least reserved for players who have real money accounts? Or maybe prima traffic has dropped off. Or, most likely of all, I'm just wrong :D

Edit: Totally misread that! Realise now you're saying 15k is the capacity but they get about 12k in. In that case I'm still surprised they'd get 1/4 the entrants in the other ones regardless of the time - can only assume many people just haven't realised yet.

Last edited:
According to the operator I play through, the raked-hand requirement had been taken off to attract new players. (Most prima operators have their own loyalty scheme to reward their frequent players, so the freerolls are a way of attracting new ones).

N.B. The one at 18:00 GMT (13:00 EST?) has had up to 20k players in...apparently the max player count is increased whenever there is an upgrade to test the platform

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I had a feeling that was the reason, but I still think it's sort of backwards. Shouldn't the rooms on the network be working on bringing in the players, not the other way around? Seems they're just alienating the active players by taking the RH requirements off *all* the freerolls...maybe throw one extra into the mix for everyone, but not all...give some incentive (besides what the individual rooms are offering) to stay with prima....:)

winbig72 said:
Anyone know a reason why, or at least the logic in it, that they took off the raked hands requirement for the night/early morning $1k freerolls and let the donkeys in?

This *used* to be a nice incintive for frequent players, as the field was usually under 600, and limited to 1000 players. Now it's the same format as the afternoon freeroll, limited to 15k players, anyone can enter...so now it's usually a 3k+ field, and 260 places are paid compared to the usual 80.

They did this to get more players to sign up to there rooms, Hoping the freeroll whores some day conver to make deposits

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back