Photoshop

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
I started working on this awhile ago and since my creative spark seems to have gone on vacation, I decided to just go back and finish it. I'm thinking about selling this as a poster or something - maybe with the title "Midnight in the garden"??? Critiques (or better titles) welcomed!

midnightinthegardenSM.jpg

I started working on this awhile ago and since my creative spark seems to have gone on vacation, I decided to just go back and finish it. I'm thinking about selling this as a poster or something - maybe with the title "Midnight in the garden"??? Critiques (or better titles) welcomed!

Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks all...believe it or not, I drew a version of this freehand when I was about 17! lol - I used to get cool ideas when I was young. Anyhow, I've always wanted to do it in PS (it's almost impossible to draw those kind of glowy lights freehand and it was my first attempt in photoshop too!) but I wanted to do it big. This one at full size is 14" x 18" at print res, and with a billion layers, it makes for a really BIG photoshop file - the first version was almost 1GB, I had to flatten a bunch of the layers so I could continue to work on it, and now it's almost 1GB again! :rolleyes:

I still have to do a few tweaks here and there, but I'm almost done I think.

@777 - I'm actually using 'Metamorphosis' for the file name! :thumbsup:

@777 - I'm actually using 'Metamorphosis' for the file name! :thumbsup:

Oh i`m on the ball today, make a personal addition for me, in keeping with the 'Metamorphosis' theme have the moon in all of it`s statures from crescent to full arced across the sky, then the butterfly would take on the guise of being a moth also ;).

Damn i`m deep today lol.

P.S.
A commission for you, Stonehenge at night with all the planets in view and a radiating light emitting from the stones heading towards the heavens - Genesis.

Last edited:
Excellent. I see it as water meeting the sky. I'd call it "water in the sky" or "water and the sky"

Very nice.

Do you use any other programs? (other than photoshop?)

Yep I used Illustrator mostly to draw the basic shapes of the wings and the leaves etc. Photoshop has vector tools but they're not as good (or as easy to work with) as the ones in Illustrator, so I usually bounce back and forth between the two.

I just started learning Illustrator a couple of weeks ago so I can make vector images. I work mostly in 3DS Max and use Paintshop Pro for textures and stuff. I started using PSP about 15 years ago and never really got into Photoshop. It just did everything I needed to so I never bothered learning Photoshop.

3DS is great for making 3d animations but it makes really nice still images too.

That's awesome, I once tried 3D but I had a really tough time. I did my name and made it rock back and forth. :rolleyes: Took me all bloody day too - I can't even imagine trying to make more than one object! I just can't wrap my head around working in wireframe. I really should learn though, because it's something I would find really useful. Although I probably don't have a good enough computer for that anyhow. Or a good enough brain. ;)

When I was in AZ one of the guys I worked with was a bloody genius with 3D - it's amazing the kind of things you can do if you're good at it.

Can you show any of your work Skiny? I'd love to see it...

The first two of these are flash files so I can't show them here.
The second one is a still image but I think it's just too big. It won't let me show it either. I have a picture of the wire frame for that desk picture somewhere.
The third is my first attempt at water. It's a little dark.

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

This is mostly 3ds max with paintshop for making textures and stuff.

I've been using illustrator for a couple of weeks and it's a whole new ball game. I'm impressed with that picture you made with it. I'm still screwing around with the basics.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm tacking this last one underneath because it'll only let me put one video per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh that's cool - I especially like the water! That would be a really great scene if there was a little cloud moving across the moon. Or a bat. ;) Also the very first little phut when the flame starts on the Zippo....little details like that add a LOT.

I've been using illustrator for a couple of weeks and it's a whole new ball game. I'm impressed with that picture you made with it. I'm still screwing around with the basics.

Well I'm definitely not an Illustrator expert, I always start there and end up in Photoshop. :oops:

But there are some really cool things you can do with it - the gradient mesh tool is really awesome once you get the hang of it, check this:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I spend a lot of time on detail. Sometimes I spend way too much time on things people might never even see.

I'm working on a complete 3d town with an underground maze. If I ever finish it, it'll be a 3d flash game.

this is a chest in the maze.

4.jpg

If I get stuck in Illustrator can I bug you for help?

I spend a lot of time on detail. Sometimes I spend way too much time on things people might never even see. Me TOO!
I'm working on a complete 3d town with an underground maze. If I ever finish it, it'll be a 3d flash game.

this is a chest in the maze. Nice!

Sure you can bug me....I might not be able to help but I'll try. :thumbsup:

Well, I can really appreciate the picture you posted because Illustrator's been aggravating me for the last 2 weeks. :p

Nice work. :)

A bit late on this post, but nice work. You definitely have talents with PS that I can only dream of. Still struggling with vectors :confused:

Seriously, it's not easy.

The pictures I showed have great detail but 3ds does a lot of the work for you. I guess the talent is in making the objects themselves but to make that desk picture in a 2D program like illustrator would take me forever if I could even do it. It's apples and oranges, really.

I'm glad to see someone can do nice work with it. It gives me hope. lol

I spend a lot of time on detail. Sometimes I spend way too much time on things people might never even see.

this is a chest in the maze.

View attachment 31490

I love mazes and treasure chests! Would be very cool to have to fight some creepies for the treasures inside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back