Paypal strange email

The Watchdog

Dormant account
I received this email yesterday. Weird since I have never opened a Paypay account.

Could this be a moronic advertisement technique for me to contact and get persuaded to open one??

Check it out

-----------------------------------

Unauthorized access to your PayPal account!

We recently noticed more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from a foreign IP address.

If you accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. However, if you are the rightfull holder of the account, please visit Paypal as soon as possible to verify your identity:
Click here to verify your account

You can also verify your account by logging into your PayPal account at
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choise but to temporaly suspend your account.

We ask that you allow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated and we strongly recommend to verify your account in that time.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and choose the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

To receive email notifications in plain text instead of HTML, update your preferences here.

PayPal Email ID PP468

This is a scam. Do not respond. I received the same letter about 6 months ago. The link sends you to a bogus page that looks like the real paypal page.They are trying to steal your account info.

I get them all the time. At least 8 a week

I get them all the time. At least 8 a week
I called PayPal about this and they once told me to send it to this paypal email address and I did this for 6 months and they told me it would stop but they kept popping in my Email So I said hell with this I never sent one again.
I look at it this way that's why they have a delete button so you don't even have to look at it.

It's a phishing scam. I get half a dozen per week in my various email accounts. I have also received similar emails phishing for IDs for CitiBank, Regions, Wells Fargo, and any number of other banking methods.

I pity the unwary.

Hi BingoT! I understand your reaction. I got one of these too. It is a scam. I called PayPal rather than open it, had a nice long talk with the Csr. They warned to keep up our guard and forward any others we get to them, for every one, there are a hundred more. They are prolific! Somehow this group is getting your email address. If I were you, I'd keep on sending this off to Paypal.:)

yes there are many tricks to scam innocents they can send you mail about ebay product or like your account password has been changed pleas make us know is that you who did this .I noticed that there wer similair stories about paypal ,Visit this site for best solution Link Removed ( Old/Invalid) .

Yes these scams go with virtually any business that does transactions online. No legitimate e-commerce web site would ask you to click on links to verify info. Never click on these links...EVER. You can tell it's fake by hovering your mouse over the link (not clicking on) that is displayed. You will then see the true link. Then send the email to the support/security email address, so that the security teams can get the website shut down, and possibly prosecute the crystal meth smokers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back