Patriots leap at opportunities, earn rematch with Giants

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
Go Patriots

Super Bowl-bound
Patriots leap at opportunities, earn rematch with Giants

FOXBOROUGH - Feeling 10 years younger today? You should. Your Patriots are going to the Super Bowl and it feels just like 2001-02, when the stars aligned and the Patriots were unlikely kings of the NFL.

A decade ago, we had the Tuck Rule, snow angels, and a bunch of overachievers who redefined the word “team’’ and carried their magic to the Super Bowl in New Orleans.

Now the Patriots are blessed with a no-name defense, cosmic attrition of NFL superpowers, and the indomitable spirit of Myra H. Kraft, who died shortly before an unlikely season that ends Feb. 5 in Indianapolis against the same New York Giants who derailed New England’s historic 18-0 season on Feb. 3, 2008.

Making their own breaks, while accepting more gifts from the football gods, the Patriots defeated the Baltimore Ravens, 23-20, yesterday in the AFC Championship game at Gillette Stadium. It was a spectacular 60 minutes of football, not decided until a kicker from Harlan, Iowa, missed a 32-yard field goal with 11 seconds left on the clock. Thank you, Billy (Buckner) Cundiff.

“You saw a great football game,’’ said defensive tackle Vince Wilfork. “You saw a classic of two football teams that didn’t want to budge.’’

Bingo, as Troy Brown would say. There were mistakes aplenty in the 2012 AFC Championship game, but you could watch it 10 more times without getting bored. It was a smorgasbord of hard hits, near misses, and big plays. Plus, the Angel of Myra.
By Dan Shaughnessy
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

it was an excellent game. Pats were pretty lucky. I hope they do well in the Super Bowl and I think Brady will have a much better game.
I'm sure that 2008 Super Bowl loss still haunts them.

it was an excellent game. Pats were pretty lucky. I hope they do well in the Super Bowl and I think Brady will have a much better game.
I'm sure that 2008 Super Bowl loss still haunts them.

Look out for 50 cent, he may differ! :D

He's on a roll check this out: Link Removed (invalid URL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back