New Slot Announcement Opal Fruits from Big Time Gaming!

It is terrible when slots go on these dead runs, almost unbelievable and fixed, it seems more obvious in btg games for me. I have equated playing their games before to a giant calculator, and when the equation is set to the result 'lose' that's what will happen regardless of rng factors.

People say how can the game makers fix things, but really all that is required is to control the frequency and payout performance of the bonus/feature rounds, if you can't get a bonus you're effectively doing thousands of spins on a 70% rtp slot at best or 20% at worst.

edit: I think we're playing a simulation of a random game with many slots, if we join the game at the right time we get to enjoy the paying out period, rather than having a true chance at any time of winning. If that makes sense :oops:

Last edited:
After the 400x on monday 2k to 3k spins 5 bonuses One reaching the dizzy heights of 130x the rest dying on 7th or the last 9th spin and few deposits later, at square 1.

Gonna load £20 more up and wait for the inevitable 20x bonus n bust, or Just Bust.

Edit.

Just checked was 3.5k spins discard the 2.

2 of the bonuses came 20 to 50 spins later of the previous, most took 700 to 1000 spins a lot more than usual, seems harder to reach x10 on bonanza scale and never drops down the last scatter, when always it drops when you don't need it.

Last edited:
Didn't get a bonus last nite.

2 deposits this morning over a thousand spins 2 Bonuses 23x and 100x then took it all back again.

Last 6 sessions ranging from 200 to a 1000 spins per session.

77.53%
48.22%
66.51%
87.31%
70.30%
43.42%

The amount of times i see a board full of purples greens n blues with x3s and just one missing on the front is unbelievable, then the scatter drop down block wins.

It definitely does not play like it used to.

Another 2 deposits last nite 1 bonus 18x got to x3.

Must be at 5k spins from last monday and biggest win was 50x absolutely disgusting.
Last 10 sessions have resulted in negative RTPs.

"The amount of times i see a board full of purples greens n blues with x3s and just one missing on the front is unbelievable, then the scatter drop down block wins"

Don't let this get to you. Most games are designed that if a crappy result has been selected by the rng, it will sometimes decide to throw one of those "just one missing on the front! Woulda been Uuuuge!" type misses.

Makes the new gambler become addicted much more easily, and makes many susceptible regular gamblers end up going into tilt/rage, most of the time spending more as a result.
Some games take the absolute royal piss with doing it, it makes the game seem less boring than it otherwise really is. And while I've hardly played this one, I've seen enough features to assume this is probably one of them ;)

"The amount of times i see a board full of purples greens n blues with x3s and just one missing on the front is unbelievable, then the scatter drop down block wins"

Don't let this get to you. Most games are designed that if a crappy result has been selected by the rng, it will sometimes decide to throw one of those "just one missing on the front! Woulda been Uuuuge!" type misses.

Makes the new gambler become addicted much more easily, and makes many susceptible regular gamblers end up going into tilt/rage, most of the time spending more as a result.
Some games take the absolute royal piss with doing it, it makes the game seem less boring than it otherwise really is. And while I've hardly played this one, I've seen enough features to assume this is probably one of them ;)

Don't we know it but, the 5k spins and it happening more than 30 to 50 times without landing is utterly disgusting. Not random at all otherwise one would have hit.

It's just like im playing the same spin set over and over.

Aren't the reel sets on BTG games specifically designed so that they create these heartstopper effects all the time? (IIRC WWTBAM has key symbols in very short supply on one of the reels.)

Besides that, the game could be coded to show near misses for as many zero results from the RNG as it wants. Doesn't mean the game isn't random, just that if the RNG picks a losing spin, it then goes into a 'near miss display' bucket and picks out a spin that makes it look like you were very close. (One of my favourite examples is the old single-liner MG progressive slot Tunzamunni, which threw the specific progressive win combination above or below the winline with almost comical frequency, clearly they'd just coded it so that when the RNG picked a losing spin, it'd often display the 'near miss progressive' spin to maximise 'player engagement'.)

As for Opal Fruits, it's standard issue BTG fare in this category, very high variance, shit feature frequency, catch it on a bad run and it'll keep it up for a depressingly long period of time.

Aren't the reel sets on BTG games specifically designed so that they create these heartstopper effects all the time? (IIRC WWTBAM has key symbols in very short supply on one of the reels.)

Besides that, the game could be coded to show near misses for as many zero results from the RNG as it wants. Doesn't mean the game isn't random, just that if the RNG picks a losing spin, it then goes into a 'near miss display' bucket and picks out a spin that makes it look like you were very close. (One of my favourite examples is the old single-liner MG progressive slot Tunzamunni, which threw the specific progressive win combination above or below the winline with almost comical frequency, clearly they'd just coded it so that when the RNG picked a losing spin, it'd often display the 'near miss progressive' spin to maximise 'player engagement'.)

As for Opal Fruits, it's standard issue BTG fare in this category, very high variance, shit feature frequency, catch it on a bad run and it'll keep it up for a depressingly long period of time.
BTG stated on here previously doing 'near misses' like you are suggesting is illegal.

RNG = Random Not Guaranteed "Joke".

I have no clue what n where just the gameplay i experience, i will review your statement and correlate sources (may be a while).

Besides that, the game could be coded to show near misses for as many zero results from the RNG as it wants. Doesn't mean the game isn't random, just that if the RNG picks a losing spin, it then goes into a 'near miss display' bucket and picks out a spin that makes it look like you were very close.

Indeed. At least, as far as other games are concerned anyway.
I got pretty much this exact response from someone who represents a brand on here. That even though each reel picks from a seperate rng, if the outcome of those rng picks combined produces a 0 paying result, the visusl representation of the losing spin is thrown into a seperate rng bucket where it then picks either a (statistically less likely...) "near miss display" or it's (more likely) ordinary visual display of nothingness.

I just assumed opal fruits would perhaps (as you kinda said in the beginning of your post, the part that i didnt include in the quote) that opal fruits might have reel sets designed to produce those type of near misses to spice up the game a bit. But it was just an assumption, based on the features I've watched, and what Zoe said above.

After just reading the 5 pages or so of both this and the Bonanza thread I am torn with which of the two slots I should tackle with my net deposit. So I've decided on neither :eek2:

I was pondering with the "should i do 1 more deposit" earlier, soon put that notion to bed after the week i have had.

I don't mean to be rude and/or patronising here Zoe, but you do know what you're up against with BTG slots such as Opal Fruits?

From memory there was a guy in the Lil' Devil (another batshit BTG offering) thread who ended up something crackers like £3000 into it on 60p spins until it finally kicked back a monster win and he got most of his money back (or may even have made a small profit, I can't remember).

These are crazy volatile slots that will drain deposit after deposit with ease, and you could be talking many tens of thousands of spins, even hundreds of thousands of spins, before they'll kick back with that fabled monster win.

Generally speaking I play BTG slots once when I review them for my channel, never to return again.

Here we are, a $2316 win on a 40c stake and the chap is still slightly down :eek2:

So these are slots where you can hit a 5790x stake win and still be running at a loss.

(This is one of the reasons I just don't do HV games, especially the insane model that BTG have implemented them on. I get that some people like them, and that's fine, but they're just not my bag at all.)

1599559003355.png

Winning on a slot and liking a slot are two very different things.

You know how many real money spins I've done The Final Countdown since then? Zero.

I make videos for most new BTG releases because there tends to be a fair bit of interest in them, but off the top of my head, other BTG games I've made a video about and then never played again with real funds once the video was done.

Royal Mint, Star Clusters, Monopoly Megaways, Millionaire Mystery Box, WWTBAM, Lil' Devil, Holy Diver, Kingmaker, Opal Fruits, Donuts.

There is literally not one single BTG slot that's on my 'go to' list, and as per my statement above, I get that some people like them, and that's fine, but they're not for me, which is why I basically never play them.

The thing is I fully understand how ridiculously lucky I was to hit what I did on The Final Countdown, I don't like HV games in general, and I don't play them in general, it's not an anti-BTG thing, I've really fallen out with Nolimit City since they moved to crazy HV models for their slots, for example, and as such I stopped playing them and I'm at the point now where I can't even be arsed to fire up their new releases in demo mode.

BTG can certainly produce slots that look and sound very nice, aesthetically they are capable of ticking all the boxes when they put the effort in, but the maths of their games just don't appeal to me.

Good to see you left bonanza off that ‘never to return’ to list.

The greatest slot ever made should always be answered if it decides to call. In fact you should be calling it every day!!

On the flip side you’ve also left DHV off the list which is utter fucking garbage.

I don't think I've seen any action with this slot since I last posted in this thread. The feature seems to have gone AWOL & the reel wins I can remember nothing of note on. Too bad as I like game but after a while I just gave up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back