Nine.com

Page worked just fine for me, but here's the original post from the site by "world traveler":

a friend of mine here in cr just bought a desk top computer from nine.com as they are moving the operation out of cr. On the supposedly clean hard drive were hundreds of credit card fotocopies front and back with matching drivers licences. Anyone who used a cc at nine.com i suggest you cancell your card immediatly. This was just one computer of dozens that have been firesold from those offices.

I understand 9am says that the computers sold were not from accounting and they are not moving the accounting dept and no accounting computers will be sold.

No other computers are supposed to have accounting data.

Some general computers were sold to employees and supposedly wiped clean, and no accounting data were ever on these.

Maybe someone jumped the gun?

9am is looking into it and says they will prosecute anyone who might have stolen data if it turns out to be factual.

I looked into this issue myself , and after speaking with one of the ex wagering supervisors of Nine.com indeed there was some concern due to the fact that some very valuable info was missing .. I requested a credit card # change.. :confused:

I looked into this issue myself , and after speaking with one of the ex wagering supervisors of Nine.com indeed there was some concern due to the fact that some very valuable info was missing .. I requested a credit card # change.. :confused:

It could be an honest mistake. No, seriously.

If their security department moved from paper fax to email fax that stuff would have come in and ended up on someones roaming profile. I know if anyone signs into my work terminal all their Documents and Settings are copied onto C drive under their user name.

If there was someone in security who saved pictures of docs from possible fraud players - or from people with funny names, fat heads, ear hair, whatever - in their My Pictures folder and they happened to sign into a different terminal one day all that information gets transferred.

That's pretty common knowledge for IT people but if that security rep signed into a computer used by a regular CSR who had limited access, couldn't save pictures from the internet, or otherwise had no access to sensitive data, the bosses would have no reason to think there was anything terribly interesting to erase from the drive before they shipped it out the door.

That said, it is sloppy and irresponsible as all hell to save that kind of information in the first place and not delete it, and just plain lazy to neglect to re-image the drive but I'd be very reluctant to accuse them of anything worse than dummyheadedness. Ok, maybe damnitheadedness, but that's as far as I'll go. Yes. If that happened they're a damnithead.

Well, meanwhile on the webmaster side they added some predatory T&Cs that allow them to simply withhold payment of monies earned if a webmaster doesn't perform up to par by sending x number of paying customers within a given time period. That means if someone gets sick or has an accident, they will just stop paying monies due. Not my idea of ethics. Money owed is money owed, and it's especially needed when people are down for some reason.

Their old offices are now occupied by some half ass sports operation I drive by there every day .. the files that were in my friends PC I saw myself .. scary it seems they were calling lists for sales agents.. email adress / physical adress / phone # / $ deposited life time and in some banking info I just want to prevent anybody that played there to keep these things in mind my friend gambles online as well and for erthical reasons we deleted it since I wouldnt want my info in the wrong hands. SHAME SHAME SHAME on NINE.COM :mad: :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back