New oldtimer

Peroni with hot curry a great night to remember.
Also a not so great next day to remember.

For sure. I remember the first time I had Vindaloo out of a proper Indian. It came in either Medium, Hot or Very Hot. 20 year old and very naive me thought "Yea I'll go for the Very Hot, I like spicy food".

My lips turned purple, but boy did I still plough through that curry like there was no tomorrow.

Well. Tomorrow came and I was doing voluntary work cleaning around a Parochial house of a Priest...and I felt the most sinister sensation in my stomach. Minutes later I was running around like crazy to find the toilet (Which was located inside the parochial grounds, but hard to find because of alot of bushes and such; was a big place).

It was my first devastating experience of a really hot curry. Nothing prepared me for the volcanic eruption that would be coming out the other end. It was hotter coming out than it was going in!

I could barely walk afterward :laugh:

Not even frozen toilet roll would have helped. Learned my lesson and never ate it again, although I do still love regular curries, Madras, Masala etc....:thumbsup:

Someone mention Curry? You don't have to ask me twice, on the boat over now. I'll have mine with Garlic potatoes :D
For sure. I remember the first time I had Vindaloo out of a proper Indian. It came in either Medium, Hot or Very Hot. 20 year old and very naive me thought "Yea I'll go for the Very Hot, I like spicy food".

My lips turned purple, but boy did I still plough through that curry like there was no tomorrow.

Well. Tomorrow came and I was doing voluntary work cleaning around a Parochial house of a Priest...and I felt the most sinister sensation in my stomach. Minutes later I was running around like crazy to find the toilet (Which was located inside the parochial grounds, but hard to find because of alot of bushes and such; was a big place).

It was my first devastating experience of a really hot curry. Nothing prepared me for the volcanic eruption that would be coming out the other end. It was hotter coming out than it was going in!

I could barely walk afterward :laugh:

Not even frozen toilet roll would have helped. Learned my lesson and never ate it again, although I do still love regular curries, Madras, Masala etc....:thumbsup:
What would have helped would have been an even hotter curry the next day. get the body used to dealing with them. show the body who is boss.

What would have helped would have been an even hotter curry the next day. get the body used to dealing with them. show the body who is boss.

:laugh:

That's the craziest thing I've heard this week :D

I'll remember that if I ever have the courage to try one of those bad boys again...but if I end up with IBS I know who to blame :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back