New chief for UK Gambling Commission

jetset

RIP Brian
MORE CHANGES AT UK GAMBLING COMMISSION

First the director of operations moves to Gibraltar, and now a change of chairman

The news earlier this week that the British Gambling Commission's director of operations, Phill Brears is leaving to become chief regulator in Gibraltar was followed today (Wednesday) by news of a change of chairmen.

Peter Dean is to make way for new chairman Brian Pomeroy, who had been appointed by the British minister for Culture, Media and Sport, James Purnell.

Pomeroy is currently the commissioner for the UK National Lottery and will take up his new post early in 2008.

The Department of Culture, Media and Sport has also announced that Peter Teague has been appointed as a commissioner and will take up his post on 1 September, when the UKs Gambling Act formally comes into force.

Both Pomeroy and Teague have extensive experience in the financial services sector.

Culture minister Purnell said: The Gambling Commission is a tough new regulator with stringent powers that allow them to take decisive action against operators who fail to meet the high standards required by the Act.

Purnell praised Deans efforts in guiding the Commission through implementation of the Gambling Act with great conviction, making it the effective regulator that it is today.

Pomeroy promised: My priority will be to make sure that the gambling industry meets the tough new standards required by the Act. In doing so, the Commission should not hesitate to use its array of new powers and sanctions to ensure that gambling remains fair and crime-free and that proper protections for children and vulnerable adults are in place.

Im all for more stringent laws. The US made a complete cock up of their attempt. The UK are far more experienced when it comes to gaming regulations. Comparing to the US, i think the UK will be more focused on fair play than collecting tax money. I think this might be a step in the right direction

Im all for more stringent laws. The US made a complete cock up of their attempt. The UK are far more experienced when it comes to gaming regulations. Comparing to the US, i think the UK will be more focused on fair play than collecting tax money. I think this might be a step in the right direction
COME AGAIN???????????????:what::what::what:

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

anong others
so you must have meant online gaming regulations in your original post which maybe was omited by you as an oversight........Assuming you meant online in the CDI forum which btw does include B&M's, then at least I get that...........as for the rest of your original post's accuracy, I chose to abstain.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back