Neteller implements new history

kavaman

PABnononaccred3
PABnononaccred3
MM
Everyone who uses neteller might have noticed that the history has changed drastically. The transactions now only say transfer to merchant, and transfer from merchant. To be able to see where the money has been transferred or from where it was recieved every single transaction must be opened seperately. This imposes some challenges if you are a "heavy" user of neteller.

The to and from merchant is a summary.

You can still see all the transaction detail=in fact a bit moredetail than before-if on any line on the transaction to or from summary you "click"-the full detail for that transaction appears below the transaction list

Cheers

I use Neteller a lot less since they changed the security stuff...can never remember my Secure ID now. Saved me a fortune :D In fact, I'm struggling to think of one positive change since the new version came in a few months back and this one sounds crap aswell. Oh wait...one... multiple currency accounts. So that's two accounts I can never remember the login info for :rolleyes: If it wasn't for the NetPlus card - and the brilliant VIP support - I think I'd probably close it.

Two online programs I use - Neteller and Statcounter - radically overhauled their user interfaces this year. Statcounter's upgrade is brilliant and that's when change is good. Neteller's user-facing functionality seems to have been handed compromises, presumably because of back-end stuff like security I'd guess. Why on earth would they make the History more time consuming to use? Odd.

One improvement is the ability to export to CSV - pity there is a BUG:mad:

Clicking on "export" simply takes you to a text page with the CSV data, rather than a proper "export to file" option. Further, it's a dead end process, there is no "back" option from that page, and using the browser "back" button screws up the site because it is HTTPS, which rejects the browser based "back" function because it is a security hole.

This means you have no option other than a "messy exit" through closing the browser from this page, rather than using the proper "logout" button.

I also don't like having the merchant detail an additional click away, as it can make it harder to track an individual merchant's transactions in one glance.

Fortunately, the export function counters this as it means all the glancing and sorting can be done locally from a CSV export put into a spreadsheet program, which allows much better formatting of the data than would ever be offered on the Neteller website.

My guess the reason they show a little less info in the standard view is that it is less db queries.

10 rows of data with 7 columns is a simpler query than 10 rows of data with 8 colums....

Lower over-all overhead...

I miss Neteller

Rick

Actually to be fair they have changed the history again so that it now shows the Merchant in the list. Back to normal in other words :thumbsup:

I have tried their "export" function that is supposed to produce a CSV file that can be fed into a spreadsheet.

What a load of CRAP:mad:

The spreadsheet can't decode the fields properly because Neteller have chosen NOT to use a standardised format, particularly for fields like "date", which end up being converted to "text string" because it is not understood as "date" by the spreadsheet due to the strange format used. This makes sorting of the data impossible. Their representation of currency is also a problem, again it becomes a "text string" because of the way it is presented. This makes it impossible to sum deposits or transfers over a given period. It seems that EVERYTHING becomes "text string", so although the transaction information can be stored, it cannot be manipulated by spreadsheets or fed into other financial tracking software without a MASSIVE effort in editing the format of every cell so that it is recognised for what it is.

Now a bespoke macro is needed to convert a Neteller transaction record into something that is recognised by spreadsheet software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back