Question NetBent (TFTUT) - what's the point of this???

dunover

Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
OK, we have put up with the stupid and all too-frequent bad/zero-paying NetBent bonus messages "Congratulations! - you've won 0 coins and a matchstick' or similar. We can just about put up with that.

But I just noticed they excelled themselves on TFTUT (creature from the black lagoon as some may know it) as regards banal pointlessness.

Now TFTUT has a similar bonus round to JaTB (where you need 9 keys to fully unlock the features). JaTB for example kills the graphics when you are on your last spin when you cannot win - say you have 5 keys and the last spin brings the 6th. in with NO sticking wild which kills the possibility of further progress or wins, then the bonus round simply ends. Fair enough.

Unfortunately NetBent have f*cked-up badly on TFTUT. As we all know, the bonus round is invariably shockingly bad on TFTUT and after 3 spins you can usually measure how shite it is going to be. So, come the last spin, when you have already recognized your bonus is doomed to failure and is the usual crap and you are pissed-off and want to get it over with, what does the stupid TFTUT do?

Yes! Your last useless spin yields a pointless target with no sticky wild. Bonus round over, nothing to be gained. So, just to extend your pain, it goes through the whole videographic of the 3rd. or 6th. sharpened bog-brush being fired at the turd to gain a pointless 'new wild unlocked' which you have no spins left to see.

NETBENT - WHAT IS THE ****ING POINT?????? PLEASE TELL ME! Grrrr....

I don't really know why you hate this game so much, it's actually one of my favorite Netent releases :)

I agree that shooting that useless harpoon is a blunder on Netent's part - however, I assure you that you cannot determine how good a freespin round is going to be after just 3 spins. I've had several 300-400x hits without even leveling up to the double-wild, and many times those big hits have come on the last or second to last freespin.

OK, we have put up with the stupid and all too-frequent bad/zero-paying NetBent bonus messages "Congratulations! - you've won 0 coins and a matchstick' or similar. We can just about put up with that.

But I just noticed they excelled themselves on TFTUT (creature from the black lagoon as some may know it) as regards banal pointlessness.

Now TFTUT has a similar bonus round to JaTB (where you need 9 keys to fully unlock the features). JaTB for example kills the graphics when you are on your last spin when you cannot win - say you have 5 keys and the last spin brings the 6th. in with NO sticking wild which kills the possibility of further progress or wins, then the bonus round simply ends. Fair enough.

Unfortunately NetBent have f*cked-up badly on TFTUT. As we all know, the bonus round is invariably shockingly bad on TFTUT and after 3 spins you can usually measure how shite it is going to be. So, come the last spin, when you have already recognized your bonus is doomed to failure and is the usual crap and you are pissed-off and want to get it over with, what does the stupid TFTUT do?

Yes! Your last useless spin yields a pointless target with no sticky wild. Bonus round over, nothing to be gained. So, just to extend your pain, it goes through the whole videographic of the 3rd. or 6th. sharpened bog-brush being fired at the turd to gain a pointless 'new wild unlocked' which you have no spins left to see.

I agree that the last animation is pointless, it might have something to do with the sticky wild respins and the possibility of getting 10 extra spins if you defeat the creature.
The best thing would be if the game did some checks to see if there actually is any point in playing out that last animation or not, maybe there is some technical difficulties in doing this?, or maybe they got lazy and just left it in there?.

Why do you keep playing this game? i was under the impression that you really hate it :D

Yes I've noticed that as well (on fun mode). I like winning no doubt about it who likes to lose? I've seen that happen time and time again almost like it's timed to perfection (which I think it is) irritates me to no end. I also agree that after 3-4 spins you can usually tell just how crap the feature is going to be. Chances are if you hit nothing on your first 3-4 spins your not likely to hit much of anything on the rest of the spins. They should kill the graphics at the end of the feature.

I don't mind the game. But I don't play Netent for real money as I learnt my lesson long ago their games are just a bunch of money gobblers. I think the graphics are good and it's always fun to see the sticky wild on the base game. I've noticed that if you hit a scatter symbol and a sticky wild on the same spin then the re-spin won't return anything.

I noticed this as well Dunover and I fully agree with you on this one..
Also when you unlock a new set of wilds on your last spin it will go through that whole graphic..
Bloody useless. :eek:

I don't play this piece of turd anymore,or just about 20 spins to see if I would hit a free spin bonus.
Last week 1 hit free spin bonus on 4 scatters and it paid me like €2.19 or 219!! coins.

So this is one of the slots that probably will go on my banned list,my black list if you wish.

It is an utterly bad slot.

I bumped into a chap from NetEnt at that London thing and asked him.

He ushered me into a secluded corner, looking left and right to check noone was listening. After he'd checked I wasn't wearing a wire - he whispered faintly...

"We do it just to wind dunover up"

Understand the animation and all being pointless on the last spin, but in technical software terms only after the logic of every spin is over can the next spin be done and every bit associated with a spin has to be completed including payouts, animations, FS, bonus etc etc , regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

Sure it would be technically easy to check if it is actually the final spin in a FS mode and then if that final free spin does not yield further free spins or any other logic associated.......but then you may not be able to use the same code template across various other slots.....makes sense?

I bumped into a chap from NetEnt at that London thing and asked him.

He ushered me into a secluded corner, looking left and right to check noone was listening. After he'd checked I wasn't wearing a wire - he whispered faintly...

"We do it just to wind dunover up"

LOL.....if I was just a little more paranoid I might just believe that.....:D

P.S. To those who wonder why I play it if I hate it so much - I don't play it (or any newer NetBent game) for real cash. When I'm bored I sometimes open up 4 games on my widescreen in free mode. Usually TFTUT, DoA, JaTB and Rockets. The aim is to post a potentially exceptional screenie x stake. I have failed miserably thus far in about 10 hours of running these four.
Let me tell you, Rockets does best each time, followed surprisingly by DoA, then JaTB and of course the sweetcorn-encrusted turd flushes away the credits fastest.

LOL.....if I was just a little more paranoid I might just believe that.....:D

P.S. To those who wonder why I play it if I hate it so much - I don't play it (or any newer NetBent game) for real cash. When I'm bored I sometimes open up 4 games on my widescreen in free mode. Usually TFTUT, DoA, JaTB and Rockets. The aim is to post a potentially exceptional screenie x stake. I have failed miserably thus far in about 10 hours of running these four.
Let me tell you, Rockets does best each time, followed surprisingly by DoA, then JaTB and of course the sweetcorn-encrusted turd flushes away the credits fastest.

I'm not wondering, I know, Netent is fun to play on Fun Mode but absolutely shocking to play on Real Mode... Chomp Chomp Chomp! ;)

I've actually been playing allot of Netent on fun mode recently. They aren't quite so bad when your not risking your own cash. The only games that I've played that actually put me ahead are Simsalabim, Hot City, Blood Suckers, Crusade of Fortune, and those sorts. You might like to give those games a shot :)

Well I'm not surprised to see J&TB and the Turd last... They have similar engines. The turd is just tweaked to eat money faster then you can dish it out.

CFTBL is one of the best in terms of Gameplay and Graphics but is one of the worst paying NetEnt slots I have played. That animation could be easily changed as J&TBS is basically similar and as you correctly pointed out doesn't boast you've just unlocked a wild with 0 spins left.

Having played every single new release for real money, I can assure you the trend at NetEnt is bells and whistles with balance busting to the extreme. I just don't trust any of the new game engines. It's not like the variance the turd has is going to dish out a huge hit over 1000x very often. I've done 100's of thousands of spins and haven't seen anything remotely bigger than 700x.

When kkmd did the analysis - 500k worth of spins yielded just one 1000x hit. That's actually insane for a slot that has such stupid variance to begin with. But then again, It's NetEnt, It's their New Engine and nothing is impossible with them.

Nate

Well I'm not surprised to see J&TB and the Turd last... They have similar engines. The turd is just tweaked to eat money faster then you can dish it out.

CFTBL is one of the best in terms of Gameplay and Graphics but is one of the worst paying NetEnt slots I have played. That animation could be easily changed as J&TBS is basically similar and as you correctly pointed out doesn't boast you've just unlocked a wild with 0 spins left.

Having played every single new release for real money, I can assure you the trend at NetEnt is bells and whistles with balance busting to the extreme. I just don't trust any of the new game engines. It's not like the variance the turd has is going to dish out a huge hit over 1000x very often. I've done 100's of thousands of spins and haven't seen anything remotely bigger than 700x.

When kkmd did the analysis - 500k worth of spins yielded just one 1000x hit. That's actually insane for a slot that has such stupid variance to begin with. But then again, It's NetEnt, It's their New Engine and nothing is impossible with them.

Nate

Well, this is the point. I did post on the screenies a while back a freeplay 'win' of 700x? which occurred in normal play with the wilds accruing. I then posted a 4-scatter trigger which paid the unbelievably and impossibly low 9 coins, 0.45x stake. In fact, after my experimental play the best results at any given time seem to come from the wild-character 5-liners which pay 25-100+ x stake in normal play and in clumps too, before it goes dead.
In fact, when you look at it, the turd has a bigger potential in normal play as in bonus spins you can't get the expanded wilds on reel 5 very easily - it seems the single wilds offer a better chance of a big hit. They have gaffed here IMO. If you get a 5-line character/wild or plain character win in normal play it invariably pays more x stake than 95% of the bloody bonus rounds.

Well, this is the point. I did post on the screenies a while back a freeplay 'win' of 700x? which occurred in normal play with the wilds accruing. I then posted a 4-scatter trigger which paid the unbelievably and impossibly low 9 coins, 0.45x stake. In fact, after my experimental play the best results at any given time seem to come from the wild-character 5-liners which pay 25-100+ x stake in normal play and in clumps too, before it goes dead.
In fact, when you look at it, the turd has a bigger potential in normal play as in bonus spins you can't get the expanded wilds on reel 5 very easily - it seems the single wilds offer a better chance of a big hit. They have gaffed here IMO. If you get a 5-line character/wild or plain character win in normal play it invariably pays more x stake than 95% of the bloody bonus rounds.

Yeah the reels change with each scenario - Like J&TBS you can't trigger FS on a re-spin.

When you unlock the wilds, the reels only offer them on the 2nd to 4th reel.

Notice also that the base game reels also change once a wild becomes sticky (FS symbol goes missing as you cant trigger it and character bunches are fewer). I've seen the loads of one character on all the reels but once a wild is sticky, they are non existent and always stop away from the wilds.

See how many times this game throws wilds - like 3 - 4 and you almost always get a 3 OAK combo.

Gimped Reels at their best.

Edit: Not forgetting how many times the wilds fall behind other wilds in the FS ensuring you don't get a respin :)

Nate

True. I have won more in normal spins than in 300-400 bonus rounds..
I have never played a sicker slot than this one variance wise. I think there is not one slot out there that has 90 out of 100 dead spins in normal play AND 90 out of 100 free spins rounds (3 or 4 scatters) pay below 10-15x bet AND has close to no chance to hit 1000x in the free spins.

The odd thing is I still like the slot because of it's graphics and expanding wilds. Maybe I am just stupid or netent are very very smart. They are able to create fun slots that makes you come back to play it ' just one more time, it must get better right? (NO!) they will give some wins here and there but never a big one..

Still I like the game way more than twin spin, reels rush, starburst or the disgusting big bang one.
The way the slot's variance is set up is just extremely frustrating. I would advice to play this slot on a very big bankroll, with low bets.

True. I have won more in normal spins than in 300-400 bonus rounds..
I have never played a sicker slot than this one variance wise. I think there is not one slot out there that has 90 out of 100 dead spins in normal play AND 90 out of 100 free spins rounds (3 or 4 scatters) pay below 10-15x bet AND has close to no chance to hit 1000x in the free spins.

The odd thing is I still like the slot because of it's graphics and expanding wilds. Maybe I am just stupid or netent are very very smart. Link Outdated / Removed are able to create fun slots that makes you come back to play it ' just one more time, it must get better right? (NO!) they will give some wins here and there but never a big one..

Still I like the game way more than twin spin, reels rush, starburst or the disgusting big bang one.
The way the slot's variance is set up is just extremely frustrating. I would advice to play this slot on a very big bankroll, with low bets.

This is the contradiction - I don't dispute that it is a very good slot graphics-wise and appealing to the player, but bloody awful for your balance.
It's like being stabbed to death with a jewel-encrusted golden dagger..........:mad:

Yeah the reels change with each scenario - Like J&TBS you can't trigger FS on a re-spin.

When you unlock the wilds, the reels only offer them on the 2nd to 4th reel.

Notice also that the base game reels also change once a wild becomes sticky (FS symbol goes missing as you cant trigger it and character bunches are fewer). I've seen the loads of one character on all the reels but once a wild is sticky, they are non existent and always stop away from the wilds.

See how many times this game throws wilds - like 3 - 4 and you almost always get a 3 OAK combo.

Gimped Reels at their best.

Edit: Not forgetting how many times the wilds fall behind other wilds in the FS ensuring you don't get a respin :)

Nate

And where have we seen that before........;)

P.S. Thinking about it you have picked up even more nonsense that I have thus far regarding the turd. Good points.

I've often found that the crosshair, which summons the turd, blocks a potential 5oak. surely the crosshair should be a wild

I've often found that the crosshair, which summons the turd, blocks a potential 5oak. surely the crosshair should be a wild

Absolutely not! If it were, you could feasibly get more than 53 coins on the 'bonus' round.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back